Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8402 8403 [8404] 8405 8406 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14542483 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #126045 on: August 27, 2017, 08:53:01 pm »

Funny you mention Fifty Shades. It was adapted--mostly, the names were changed around--from a Twilight fanfic the author wrote. The bits I've seen of the published version were word-for-word identical to the fanfic, though I'm sure some sections were removed or added (I can't imagine the gigantic contract made it into the book.)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126046 on: August 27, 2017, 09:41:12 pm »

Is there any practical use/value for very old Magic the Gathering cards?  There's a good size pile of them in my room that I need to get rid of but I also have a gut feeling I shouldn't just throw them out.  I haven't played the game seriously at any real point in time.

When I say old, a good half of them are from like '97 portal set, some are from '03 (Mirrodin and Legends I think) and maybe a small amount of actually recent ones.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #126047 on: August 27, 2017, 09:57:15 pm »

Accidentally took a few-hour nap after work. Going to be impossible to sleep before work.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #126048 on: August 27, 2017, 10:02:13 pm »

Rutger Hauer is in Galavant, a musical comedy series from ABC that's on Netflix.

He doesn't sing though :(
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #126049 on: August 27, 2017, 10:11:41 pm »

Is there any practical use/value for very old Magic the Gathering cards?  There's a good size pile of them in my room that I need to get rid of but I also have a gut feeling I shouldn't just throw them out.  I haven't played the game seriously at any real point in time.

When I say old, a good half of them are from like '97 portal set, some are from '03 (Mirrodin and Legends I think) and maybe a small amount of actually recent ones.

Can you not still use those?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126050 on: August 27, 2017, 10:32:36 pm »

Can you not still use those?

Probably not in tournament play or anything like that.  But the thing is I don't particularly want them.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #126051 on: August 27, 2017, 10:41:43 pm »

Sounds like it is time to visit your local game store, they may be interested.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #126052 on: August 27, 2017, 10:58:37 pm »

They won't be, unless you randomly happen to have some super-rare card. I took in several hundred I somehow had lying around a few months ago, and was told they were worth a grand total of forty-three cents.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126053 on: August 28, 2017, 12:33:09 am »

the book interview with lestate was good.

a little gay for my tastes, but it is anne rice were talking about.

the characters were interesting enough, and frankly new vampire lestate was better than punk rocker lestate.

according to the book he wandered by a garage band and wanted to play.

interview is pretty good, with the series descending rapidly afterwards till it reaches the pt of pure drivel. A shame considering the 1st book was rather good.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #126054 on: August 28, 2017, 12:44:02 am »

They won't be, unless you randomly happen to have some super-rare card. I took in several hundred I somehow had lying around a few months ago, and was told they were worth a grand total of forty-three cents.
Some stores are more generous than others in that regard.  There was a specialized store near a place I used to live that probably would have given you more than $0.43 for single cards cards from your bundle and at least a penny for each of the rest.  Cool place, you could buy land cards ultra-cheap from them.  Who knows if they're even still in business tho, the last couple decades haven't been good on brick and mortar tabletop game stores.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126055 on: August 28, 2017, 01:23:30 am »

Some stores are more generous than others in that regard.  There was a specialized store near a place I used to live that probably would have given you more than $0.43 for single cards cards from your bundle and at least a penny for each of the rest.  Cool place, you could buy land cards ultra-cheap from them.  Who knows if they're even still in business tho, the last couple decades haven't been good on brick and mortar tabletop game stores.
If you find some other people who play MTG you could see if you could sell the cards to them. Or play against them using those cards, because most people allow all cards during casual (non-tournament) play.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126056 on: August 28, 2017, 02:12:40 am »

I got a little jaded to that concept when I went to school and played against someone who had a ~6 mana for 6/6 green creature which could not be the target of spells or abilities and read "this creature cannot be killed by damage."  I get the X mana = X/X thing has always been weak and color dependent, but come on.  IIRC it even started with trample.

Granted, not sure if I should complain.  I loved Izzet (from the original Ravenica run) so much that I bought a few cards, combined them with all the Izzet cards I already had and built a deck based on killing the enemy with 20 instances of 1 damage.  Like with these.  Not to mention this.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126057 on: August 28, 2017, 02:35:41 am »

It has been close to 20 years since I have seen magic played...

IIRC, there were effect cards that could change the field, and that could negatively impact the opponent's mana. For a creature that cannot be destroyed with attack, and is immune to spells, removing its required mana to be on the field should impose sufficient penalty to remove it from play, right?

May be way off. Like I said, 20 years.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126058 on: August 28, 2017, 02:41:46 am »

Well, you could stop it from ever being played.  And and you could use a counter spell to discard it the moment it is played.  But you don't need mana to maintain most creatures, only to summon them in the first place.

What you could do is cast a spell that effects every creature on the board.  Technically its not immune to spells, just being *targeted* by spells.  However, even some of those read "damage" instead of "kill".  And spells that kill or otherwise discard all creatures in play are rare, as in you could collect thousands of cards and never have one if you're unlucky.  IIRC most series don't even feature a nuke like that.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #126059 on: August 28, 2017, 02:54:40 am »

Well, you could stop it from ever being played.  And and you could use a counter spell to discard it the moment it is played.  But you don't need mana to maintain most creatures, only to summon them in the first place.

What you could do is cast a spell that effects every creature on the board.  Technically its not immune to spells, just being *targeted* by spells.  However, even some of those read "damage" instead of "kill".  And spells that kill or otherwise discard all creatures in play are rare, as in you could collect thousands of cards and never have one if you're unlucky.  IIRC most series don't even feature a nuke like that.

Not a nuke, per se, but most series have some form of mass time-ebb (usually for blue) in order to return all enemy creatures, or all creatures in play, to their owner's hands. The Infect ability is also absurdly useful for killing invincible critters, though you don't usually find it too far outside its home set. There are a couple of cards that also force your enemy to choose which monster to put into the graveyard/exile, which can be useful to hit hexproof critters if you can reduce the enemy's options to 1.

Of course, if you're green, the best option is always summon bigger fish. Preferably a bigger fish with one of green's wonderful 'block this/by blocked by this and be destroyed' abilities.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 8402 8403 [8404] 8405 8406 ... 11037