Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8383 8384 [8385] 8386 8387 ... 11042

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14580794 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #125760 on: August 23, 2017, 04:22:13 pm »

And it is delicious.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #125761 on: August 23, 2017, 04:36:11 pm »

So am I the only person who doesn't like Pulled Pork?
Yes. Absolutely.
'Cept... Muslims, isn't it? Who can't eat pork?
Muslims are not alone, nor is Neonivek.
Jews, Catholics, and some Prodestant Christians can't have pork either. Because all these religions have a base root, with a few certain bible verses which dictate what animals can and can't be eaten. Specifically, Leviticus chapter 11.
Some people and some subsets of Christianity believe these are ceremonious, and can be ignored safely, and they eat pork anyways, but a clever scientist who practices 7th Day Adventism (which I also believe in, mostly)(Which is a subset of adventism which is a subset of Prodentism, which is a subset of Christianity) figured out that most of the animals which are unclean are scavengers or carnivores, while the animals which are clean and allowed to be eaten are vegetarians. So the whole reason God (or, if you don't believe in Him, whomever was pretending to be Him) laid out the guidelines of what animals are clean and unclean is that He didn't want us getting our vegetables any more than second hand; first hand and second hand are fine, but if our vegetables are third hand they aren't. And really, carnivores and scavengers are really unhealthy to begin with.

So I grew up on this religious stuff, so I grew up not eating pig (scavenger). When I grew older and tasted it, I never had before, and I thought it tasted like rancid beef. Really awful stuff.

So I don't eat pork, partially because of my upbringing, partially because of my beliefs, and partially because of the taste. If others eat it, I don't mind, but I personally avoid it.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125762 on: August 23, 2017, 04:45:24 pm »

Eh, not like pigs are really predators. Omnivores, yeah, but nowhere near as nasty as wolf or something. The bigger problem for me would have to be how they're really pretty smart, and even kinda human-like... but they taste good so I eat them because I'm a terrible person, sorry.
Ham is a waste, though. tastes mediocre, and any place where you'd eat it a cow would taste better, and they are both dumber and larger (larger body=more meat per minds destroyed).

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #125763 on: August 23, 2017, 04:48:55 pm »

How many minds were wiped has nothing to do with it for me.  Animals are animals.  We eat meat, and they are bred for that purpose.
You want to say 'be humane about killing them to eat their bitties'?  Sure, fine.  But 'dont eat them'?  meh.

Dont worry, we arent entirely far off from eating vat-grown meat protein tubes.  Slim Jim may one day be able to boast about being more natural than baseline store meats.

I dont eat pork for a few reasons, including religious based ones.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 04:51:10 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125764 on: August 23, 2017, 04:53:09 pm »

I like to eat rats because they offer the highest ratio of mind to meat. I can wolf down several highly intelligent and sensitive creatures in a single sitting with them.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #125765 on: August 23, 2017, 04:57:28 pm »

For someone who doesn't like it, you surely spend a lot of time pulling our pork...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125766 on: August 23, 2017, 04:59:04 pm »

On a similar topic, I've yet to hear a single good idea from any vegan/vegetarian/whatever who decide that humans shouldn't eat meat/use animal products on what to do with all the animals we breed for such things (although for the just no meat type that only really applies to pigs, as they aren't used for anything else) they can't go back into the wild, because doing that would cause large amounts of damage to the environment before they all died off because they aren't able to live in the wild very well, especially at such huge numbers, and no environment has enough non-human predators( even with omnivores) that are also large/numerous enough to keep the billions of each from becoming miles of rotting corpses (which isn't really good), and don't say flies, because I sincerely doubt that 1. They could eat that much fast enough no matter how much they breed and 2. That people would allow that many flies to exist at once in one area. I also haven't heard any idea for what to do with all the space and equipment, factories etc that are set up for the raising, breeding, slaughtering/shearing/milking/others, and packaging of those goods, on a related note: I also have heard no idea for what to do for the people who are employed in such roles, as their won't be any new jobs for them to take

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125767 on: August 23, 2017, 05:10:50 pm »

Right? I say just let the industry exist, and let people make their choices.

If more people do choose vegetarianism or (shudder) veganism, then the demand for meat will go down and the businesses will go out of business, but slowly. It won't be all at once, because there's no way to force vegetarianism on people, so it won't cause those problems scourge728 mentions, where we cause mass biosphere damage, but it will let the changes happen more slowly. Eventually, IF (and that's a big if) people stop eating even one certain type of meat over a long enough period of time, the ones who remain who eat that kind of meat will have to rely on hunters and a wild population, but that's only if the demand for that meat goes down slow enough. Too fast, and it's ecologically disastrous.

So I choose to avoid pork, and I hope others do, but I don't force it on them, and I don't try to ruin it for them, because I understand that we have to do something with the animals, and if they aren't being eaten then they're probably being mistreated or wasted.
The Cyan Menace

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125768 on: August 23, 2017, 05:11:59 pm »

I'm not a vegan or a vegetarian or whatever, hell, I'm practically a carnivore. But these questions don't seem that hard or hugely important to the idea to me. You just need to make the realization that just because somethings the good thing to do or the right thing to do doesn't mean that absolutely every aspect about it will be an upside.

What to do with the animals: Stop breeding them/euthanize them. If everyone suddenly turned vegetarian for some reason I guess you can burn the bodies. Some will be kept in zoos of course. In some cases they might be releasable, but probably in most like you say they wouldn't be.

As for all the places and people involved in the animal product industry, it'd sure suck for those places and people but economic shifts happen all the time. Eventually the areas would be repurposed or abandoned and the people would find other employment.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125769 on: August 23, 2017, 05:27:02 pm »

Yeah, I agree. I mean, I love beef and chicken, I just can't stand pig. It's a personal preference, and it's not 'hugely important' (as you say) to me that other people do the same.

And that's probably the best suggestion with what to do if everyone actually did become vegetarian.

I feel like I'm agreeing too much.
The Cyan Menace

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125770 on: August 23, 2017, 05:28:37 pm »

For someone who doesn't like it, you surely spend a lot of time pulling our pork...
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #125771 on: August 23, 2017, 05:36:17 pm »

Yes. Absolutely.
'Cept... Muslims, isn't it? Who can't eat pork?

Donuts. Muslims can't eat donuts.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125772 on: August 23, 2017, 05:38:05 pm »

They also dont drink alcohol, or eat camels, or the firstborn cock of their fowl.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125773 on: August 23, 2017, 05:46:13 pm »

Im going to actually try at my gym tomorrow.

Imagine all those hippies on their treadmills and ellipticals, the wall mounted tvs ...  Imagine ones in hospitals or ones for sitting at like social security or ones for DMV.

Please dont ruin this.
I did try, they wanted me to connect via wifi to the tele

so no.  not unless they do wifi?
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #125774 on: August 23, 2017, 05:52:48 pm »

On a similar topic, I've yet to hear a single good idea from any vegan/vegetarian/whatever who decide that humans shouldn't eat meat/use animal products on what to do with all the animals we breed for such things (although for the just no meat type that only really applies to pigs, as they aren't used for anything else) they can't go back into the wild, because doing that would cause large amounts of damage to the environment before they all died off because they aren't able to live in the wild very well, especially at such huge numbers, and no environment has enough non-human predators( even with omnivores) that are also large/numerous enough to keep the billions of each from becoming miles of rotting corpses (which isn't really good), and don't say flies, because I sincerely doubt that 1. They could eat that much fast enough no matter how much they breed and 2. That people would allow that many flies to exist at once in one area. I also haven't heard any idea for what to do with all the space and equipment, factories etc that are set up for the raising, breeding, slaughtering/shearing/milking/others, and packaging of those goods, on a related note: I also have heard no idea for what to do for the people who are employed in such roles, as their won't be any new jobs for them to take

The solution is obvious. Stop breeding more of them, and then we eat them all until there's nothing left. The farms respec to veggie growing and the factories to veggie canning. Old Equipment is melted down and recycled into new equipment. People not reemployed by the veggieculture can be eaten last.

Come on boys let's put some aggro into agriculture

(Also flies? No bro, ants. All of the ants.)

They also dont drink alcohol, or eat camels, or the firstborn cock of their fowl.

Pretty sure muslims can't eat any cock.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 8383 8384 [8385] 8386 8387 ... 11042