Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8362 8363 [8364] 8365 8366 ... 11041

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14576344 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #125445 on: August 16, 2017, 09:26:13 am »

Spoiler: Americapol-lite (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125446 on: August 16, 2017, 09:26:25 am »

Please don't slander the good name of scimitars

Scimitars are awesome... I am already getting tired of Katanas can we bring Scimitars back?

Agree, scimitars are superior.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125447 on: August 16, 2017, 09:27:54 am »

Accomplishing a goal through "Less than reputable" means.

EG, getting grandma her favorite song, through music piracy and a burned CDR. ;)  That kind of thing.

Thinking that torrents are shady approaches edgelord levels lol

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #125448 on: August 16, 2017, 09:43:34 am »

Thinking that torrents are shady approaches edgelord levels lol
It's only edgy if you never seed

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #125449 on: August 16, 2017, 10:18:19 am »

Please don't slander the good name of scimitars

Scimitars are awesome... I am already getting tired of Katanas can we bring Scimitars back?

Agree, scimitars are superior.

I thought Katanas Are Underpowered in D20

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125450 on: August 16, 2017, 10:31:55 am »

Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #125451 on: August 16, 2017, 10:32:42 am »

Scimitars are so mainstream. Shamshirs is where it's at.
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #125452 on: August 16, 2017, 10:49:13 am »

'Cause folks, including the local officials, had been trying to get rid of the damn thing for years, and someone finally got pissed off enough to just do it.

If you're asking why they wanted it gone, well, because among other things, the thing was venerating the oppression, slavery, and murder of a great deal of the area's population's forefathers, and was specifically put in place less than a century ago to shit on civil rights. Locals wanted to stop having to drive by the thing, since it put out about a thousand wrong messages and a passel of other stuff, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #125453 on: August 16, 2017, 10:50:04 am »

On a completely unrelated note, my father is now sending me increasingly urgent emails (starting with one, extremely long email and punctured by pretty much constant calls to the house) asking to talk to me about his earlier offer to stay with him for a few days in Hell Indiana in exchange for money (there are other parts of this "deal", but thats the important bit). I'm very confused by this, as the concerns I raised last time (I don't have time, and the last trip there was terrible and inconvenient) have only become more pressing with time, not less, as I have last minute doctor appointments, work starting a week from today, I go back to college in a week and a half, and things related to that to figure out. I don't have the time without canceling other things that are important.

I just really don't see what his plan is. If he expects me to drop everything for him (which isn't a hypothetical, I know for a fact he does) he's being delusional. But while that's sort of expected, it's unusual for him to push so hard for something that is 100% not going to happen.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125454 on: August 16, 2017, 10:57:11 am »

The big difference between George Washington and Robert E Lee is that Robert E Lee is a traitor to the country the statue is in, it would be like England with a statue of George Washington

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125455 on: August 16, 2017, 11:08:49 am »

On a completely unrelated note, my father is now sending me increasingly urgent emails (starting with one, extremely long email and punctured by pretty much constant calls to the house) asking to talk to me about his earlier offer to stay with him for a few days in Hell Indiana in exchange for money (there are other parts of this "deal", but thats the important bit). I'm very confused by this, as the concerns I raised last time (I don't have time, and the last trip there was terrible and inconvenient) have only become more pressing with time, not less, as I have last minute doctor appointments, work starting a week from today, I go back to college in a week and a half, and things related to that to figure out. I don't have the time without canceling other things that are important.

I just really don't see what his plan is. If he expects me to drop everything for him (which isn't a hypothetical, I know for a fact he does) he's being delusional. But while that's sort of expected, it's unusual for him to push so hard for something that is 100% not going to happen.

Maybe he's dying and wants to talk to you face to face?

The big difference between George Washington and Robert E Lee is that Robert E Lee is a traitor to the country the statue is in, it would be like England with a statue of George Washington

Spoiler: Or Guy Fawkes (click to show/hide)
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #125456 on: August 16, 2017, 11:10:45 am »

that statue was made by capitalists

checkmate
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #125457 on: August 16, 2017, 11:32:43 am »

One of our best statues in London honours the warlord who burnt London to the ground

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125458 on: August 16, 2017, 11:52:46 am »

...Julius Ceasar?
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #125459 on: August 16, 2017, 12:13:28 pm »

...Julius Ceasar?
When Caesar scouted/battle around Britain, Londinium wasn't founded. It was founded during the reign of Emperor Claudius when the Romans started conquering, annexing and replacing all the celtic tribes and chieftains. Coupled with the near complete annihilation of the druids (imagine someone goes to your country, murders your priests, doctors, librarians, advisors and then asks you to remain docile) and their creeping annexation, the resentment of the client and conquered celtic tribes boiled into outright enmity and revolt. Where before the tribes were constantly infighting, they now fought united against the Romans - led by the warlord Boudica, who has an anime-tier tragic backstory depending on which version you're hearing. She burnt down Roman city after Roman city, leaving no survivors. When she went to London she massacred everyone there, when she found a temple full of weeping and scared Roman/Brits she set the temple on fire, shit was so lit. Then with a horde of 100,000 celts she attacked the only Roman garrison there, which numbered 5,000 men. Unfortunately this worked against them as the Romans had deliberately abandoned London to get to a more strategically optimal location (where they could not be surrounded by her superior numbers) and the psychological impact of the Romans having nowhere to retreat meant that they were willing to fight to the death, kill many celts and had lewd levels of discipline - resulting in their surprise victory and the death of celtic england.
Come at me Bromans
Pages: 1 ... 8362 8363 [8364] 8365 8366 ... 11041