Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8324 8325 [8326] 8327 8328 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14558117 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #124875 on: July 31, 2017, 02:50:20 pm »

Martinuzz, you're the racist one for not believing in black noodles! Learn to de-colonize your brain!  /s
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124876 on: July 31, 2017, 03:10:12 pm »

Just found out about a tropical storm 1 hour ago, that apparently is going to start dumping rain on me in 1 hour.  According to the radio dj I learned this from even the weather guys had no idea there was going to be a tropical storm today.

WTF and how the hell does this happen?  Aren't they kinda big and obvious and hard to miss?

Ontopic: Clearly we need to even everything out.  I know lets take an old story about a white lion and retell it with a brown lion.  We can have disney do it. (note to kimba and simba fans: I never actually saw kimba and am just going by what the internet tells me.  Please don't eat me.)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 03:17:43 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124877 on: July 31, 2017, 03:30:10 pm »

whats kimba? lion king is based off a Shakespeare play, so's the lion king 2

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124878 on: July 31, 2017, 03:45:01 pm »

Just found out about a tropical storm 1 hour ago, that apparently is going to start dumping rain on me in 1 hour.  According to the radio dj I learned this from even the weather guys had no idea there was going to be a tropical storm today.

WTF and how the hell does this happen?  Aren't they kinda big and obvious and hard to miss?

Ontopic: Clearly we need to even everything out.  I know lets take an old story about a white lion and retell it with a brown lion.  We can have disney do it. (note to kimba and simba fans: I never actually saw kimba and am just going by what the internet tells me.  Please don't eat me.)
Tropical Storm Emily? Seems to have been spotted 14 hours ago. Or at least the Met office info for it was. Part of a very large cloud bank over most of the east coast.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #124879 on: July 31, 2017, 04:43:49 pm »

Isnt that the kind of event you easterners would nail down the windows for?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124880 on: July 31, 2017, 04:57:49 pm »

Where the hell is racism illegal? It's not exactly easy to prove.
It is here. Merely using a racist slur in public is enough to get you arrested. Hence why I said "usually". I have no idea where BlackFlyme is and the laws there.
That's horrifying.
Where do you live again, so as I can remember not to visit? Trekking across a whole country/province of eggshells does not sound like it would make for an enjoyable holiday, especially not whilst laden with the huge backpacks that people tend to carry on such trips.

In other WTF: apparently, as of recently, security has increased even further at the airports in this shithole of a country and you are now expected to arrive three hours before your flight instead of one - for international flights, at least. And, of course, just my luck - my flight is one of those domestic flights that inexplicably departs from the international terminal. Lucky me. ::)
These brainless knee-jerk fucks deserve to get bombed into an unrecognisable paste for inconveniencing people so unnecessarily. I shall laugh if I get detained at the airport for that comment - it could hardly make them (airport security and whatever over-funded government agency is in charge of it) seem any more stupid than they are already.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #124881 on: July 31, 2017, 04:59:01 pm »

Where the hell is racism illegal? It's not exactly easy to prove.
It is here. Merely using a racist slur in public is enough to get you arrested. Hence why I said "usually". I have no idea where BlackFlyme is and the laws there.

In the US, at least, such a law is so illegal it wouldn't last a day.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124882 on: July 31, 2017, 05:00:48 pm »

Tropical Storms? Pfft. In Florida we waited until it was a Cat 2 storm before even checking if we had batteries. More often then not, we didn't.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124883 on: July 31, 2017, 05:03:06 pm »

Yea that's why it was like "good morning, have a nice dose of PANIC" though all reports seem to be pointing to it being a small one even for tropical storms which are already the 'small ones' of the deathwinds.  So I probably won't bother.

As for Kimba the white lion there was a whole controversy that the lion king ripped off a bunch of ideas from the old anime.  The disney folks deny it. I never heard of kimba before the lion king came out so I kinda believe them.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124884 on: July 31, 2017, 05:15:01 pm »

Dont be silly, LS.

There are many laws created by the hill that are downright incompatible with each other, which the SCOTUS then has to handwave around. How else do you reconcile civil forfeiture with the 4th and 6th amendments? (because obviously, those two things only apply to people, and when you bring charges against the property directly, which does not have any rights, you can just pull the functional equivalent of a cadaver synod on it! Brilliant! -- (EG, "You, Pile of 500 million dollars in unmarked bills! I DEMAND THAT YOU TESTIFY HOW YOU CAME TO BE THE POSSESSION OF THIS MAN!  Oh, WONT ANSWER ME WILL YOU!? CONTEMPT OF COURT! TAKE THAT MONEY INTO POLICE CUSTODY!")

At this point they could declare that all parents in the US are horribad, and all children should become wards of the state (For their safety!), where they can be programmed into neofascists away from any source of old-culture-- and probably get away with it.

There is a seriously lopsided position of power with US politics in general at the moment (which is one of the BIG reasons why minority justice is as bad as it is), which leads to continuation of corrupt practices, and inter-agency hand wringing to make it LOOK legit, when it smells to high heaven.

Finally passing ThoughtPolice level laws about race hate buzzwords is very easily in their grasp at the moment. Just that Trump and Co would only ever go down that road if it was to prevent "slander" of the president. (EG, create the legal framework upon which such an attrocity can be laid, by first making it illegal to "Slander" the president, King of Thailand style.) It may sound like paranoia, but really, I dont see it as being out of character with The Donald, and I dont see it being out of character or previous political precidence for the Dems to later pick that festering shit up and use it themselves after King Donald gets dethroned.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124885 on: July 31, 2017, 05:22:45 pm »

In civilization at least, such a law is so illegal it wouldn't last a day.
FTFY.

It's funny how the US is so sensible in that case, while their laws on the other topic I was whinging about in my post  - airport security - are apparently some of the worst in the world.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #124886 on: July 31, 2017, 05:54:03 pm »

Apparently I can intimidate toilets.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #124887 on: July 31, 2017, 06:07:49 pm »

I have been awake for 28 hours.

I do not feel tired.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124888 on: July 31, 2017, 06:11:28 pm »

Hmm. Are you sure that you didn't take a few naps without noticing? I'm pretty sure that's a thing that can happen.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #124889 on: July 31, 2017, 06:36:42 pm »

Hmm. Are you sure that you didn't take a few naps without noticing? I'm pretty sure that's a thing that can happen.

Yeah, definitely not--i've been active in places and I'd notice a gap in my memory like that.
Pages: 1 ... 8324 8325 [8326] 8327 8328 ... 11039