Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8311 8312 [8313] 8314 8315 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14554757 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #124680 on: July 26, 2017, 08:56:36 am »

+27 C shouldn't feel like being in a heatstove on a slow burn.

If it's dry, like say you're in a desert, it could certainly feel that way.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #124681 on: July 26, 2017, 09:29:36 am »

Youtube wt the heck did you do to your layout again?

What is the fonts so damn huge? And why are vidja titles going offscreen? Whyyyyy

WTF and crisis averted. Turns out you can just rightclick your icon on youtube main page and choose to restore old layout. Phew!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 09:42:48 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #124682 on: July 26, 2017, 01:02:59 pm »

You're aware that humid heat is worse, right?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #124683 on: July 26, 2017, 01:35:25 pm »

You're aware that humid heat is worse, right?
Dry heat actually feels cooler cuz the sweat on your skin can evaporate, wet heat doesn't like that much and you find yourself sticking to things worse than double sided tape
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #124684 on: July 26, 2017, 02:07:36 pm »

Note that wet heat is only truly unpleasant if you are not acclimated to it. Much like cold, for that matter. I only get the "cooking alive" feeling past 40C (and especially past 45C), while Sergarr feels that at 27, which, to me, is an extremely pleasant temperature.

However, since I am used to high humidity, dry climates of any kind are pure undiluted hell to me.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #124685 on: July 26, 2017, 02:33:18 pm »

I think what I hate is the twilight zone where it's not so hot that you'd sweat but it's hot enough to be uncomfortable.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #124686 on: July 26, 2017, 02:38:05 pm »

27c? looks at thermometer wow, it's about 26c here right now and I think it's kinda cool... And I live in central Michigan! (that's in the north part of the USA)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #124687 on: July 26, 2017, 02:44:49 pm »

Note that wet heat is only truly unpleasant if you are not acclimated to it. Much like cold, for that matter. I only get the "cooking alive" feeling past 40C (and especially past 45C), while Sergarr feels that at 27, which, to me, is an extremely pleasant temperature.

However, since I am used to high humidity, dry climates of any kind are pure undiluted hell to me.
Not even remotely true, heh. Least not necessarily. I've been in florida almost all my life, and similar temps but dry air is comparatively heaven. Have about as much trouble going out in shorts and t-shirt when it's 100+F as I do when it's around 0, ha. Cooking alive feeling starts somewhere in the mid seventies, heh, though the mild end of it (stuff's a gradient, kinda' like the thing claiming alaskans have a metaphorical billion different words for snow). "I will kill you if it stops this" shows up somewhere in the upper nineties. That one's mostly a binary thing, though, that continues up to the point there's no response because I've stroked out and am now unconscious. Goddamn florida.

Mostly I just wish the air would stay around sixty five. If it took ritual murder to do that, I would unfortunately be enjoying the weather in a jail cell. Half sure I'm not even joking. I'm dubious I'd stop at much if it made the air quit trying to kill me. hell, maybe that could be spun as a self-defense claim? "I murdered those fifty people because they were collaborating with the atmosphere to try to kill me."
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124688 on: July 26, 2017, 02:47:59 pm »

Eh, I've sat in an arid 45C once before in my life and I felt like the moisture of life was being stolen from me with every breath.
I was playing DF at the time so I wanted to try and bear it... soon after my laptop overheated and I retreated to somewhere with AC. Pretty sure I would've given up soon after anyway.
But yeah, is basically hell on earth.

Currently I'm in a different hell though. I've basically got just not enough blankets to handle the pre-dawn winter temperatures and I wake up every morning at about 6 and can't go back to sleep until the sun has chased the cold front further away.
I mean, potentially it's my own fault for sleeping with the windows open, but we have a ton of dogs and closed rooms stink up easily.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #124689 on: July 26, 2017, 02:56:34 pm »

Yeh, went through nevada/arizona (can't quite remember if it was both or just one -- that general region, anyway) during summer time, a ways back. Can't remember the numbers, but it would have been in the upper 90s at lowest, probably.

It was nice, comparatively. About as bearable as low eighties back home, maybe upper seventies. Easier to breath, not constantly drenched in sweat, all sorts of good stuff. Less bugs, too. They're both kinda' hell, mind, but arid hell doesn't try nearly as hard to kill me as humid hell.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124690 on: July 26, 2017, 05:10:24 pm »

I love the hot dry of Australian summer. Jeans and boots kicking up dust, capital R romantic. Once, back in primary school, it was so hot that they cancelled swimming practice for the day.  Imagine announcing that to 100+ students who have been excited for the chance to cool off all week. We... didn't take it well.
Anything above ~38C it starts to be a bit much I'll, grant you. But I'd take 35C days at 0 humidity over 25C at 100% any day. At least sweat works when it's dry.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124691 on: July 26, 2017, 06:22:59 pm »

Well, I love humid heat, but I'd take some of any kind right now, thanks.

I woke up from a seriously fucked-up dream set in some frozen wilderness, and it's basically all true except I'm in my bedroom, in a city, and there's no incestuous violence, murder, self-mutilation and illegal internment going on as far as I'm aware. Also I don't think there's any actual snow, but I'm not sure I can muster the willpower to get out from under my inadequate blanket pile to check.

This is why one shouldn't stay in bed and go back to sleep, clearly  - not only will that course of action mess up your sleep schedule without helping you prepare for the even colder morning temperatures to come, you'll be tormented by rather horrifying dreams as though in punishment for thy laziness.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #124692 on: July 26, 2017, 06:24:49 pm »

They're both kinda' hell, mind, but arid hell doesn't try nearly as hard to kill me as humid hell.

For me, this is no joke. With my breathing issues, humidity is a serious problem if I try to actually do anything.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124693 on: July 26, 2017, 06:48:07 pm »

WTF happened to this day.

It started out great; I had slept well, had a strange yet charming dream of mild adventure, my schedule looked manageable. Had a full lunch box.

Fast-forward to right now and I've put in a 14-hour day, I'm still coming down from ridiculous amounts of stress, frustration, and anger; I quite possibly have a ticket - a ticket which was practically unavoidable to those without clairvoyance by the fucking way - worth several thousand dollars on the way; I'm hungry, sweaty, exhausted, and probably dehydrated somewhat; and if all that isn't enough tomorrow I will have to face my boss and hope that he's willing to be somewhat reasonable.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #124694 on: July 26, 2017, 07:49:50 pm »

WTF happened to this day.

It started out great; I had slept well, had a strange yet charming dream of mild adventure, my schedule looked manageable. Had a full lunch box.

Fast-forward to right now and I've put in a 14-hour day, I'm still coming down from ridiculous amounts of stress, frustration, and anger; I quite possibly have a ticket - a ticket which was practically unavoidable to those without clairvoyance by the fucking way - worth several thousand dollars on the way; I'm hungry, sweaty, exhausted, and probably dehydrated somewhat; and if all that isn't enough tomorrow I will have to face my boss and hope that he's willing to be somewhat reasonable.
I feel for u bro but
What kinda fuckin ticket is that
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 8311 8312 [8313] 8314 8315 ... 11039