Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8300 8301 [8302] 8303 8304 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14551205 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #124515 on: July 23, 2017, 08:22:14 pm »

Shit, what happened this time?

I'm assuming something to do with the gendersex thread?
Correct.  I don't feel like it was warranted, but I'm taking my opinion elsewhere for a few months (mostly for other reasons).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124516 on: July 23, 2017, 08:24:35 pm »

He did tend to be a bit of a troll, but not sure about bigoted remarks, could just be ignorance on my part though.

Shit, what happened this time?

I'm assuming something to do with the gendersex thread?
Correct.  I don't feel like it was warranted, but I'm taking my opinion elsewhere for a few months (mostly for other reasons).

Not sure if this case was warranted either, but it's almost never a first strike rule with Toady One (besides spambots that is) since we can't see past reprimands that he gave.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124517 on: July 23, 2017, 08:26:44 pm »

I had the feeling he was going to get banned eventually at some point, he had made a few volatile posts. Does anyone still remember that time his account was muted or is it just me?

Anyway, since he's already banned might as well throw out an epileptic tree: TempAcc was OrangeWizard's secret alt account. The only evidence I have of this is the fact that TempAcc obviously stands for Temporary Account, and the fact that during the mourning period when OrangeWizard was banned, he was one of the last people to remove his orange themed avatar.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #124518 on: July 23, 2017, 08:28:04 pm »

TempAcc was an alt for Dakk, who was banned in 2012 for all sorts of horrifying crap.  So after a few strikes, I ran out of patience quickly.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #124519 on: July 23, 2017, 08:29:41 pm »

TempAcc was an alt for Dakk, who was banned in 2012 for all sorts of horrifying crap.  So after a few strikes, I ran out of patience quickly.

Pre banlist? Out of curiosity, what was the exa- wait did the toad just call it horrifying? Nevermind i dont want to know.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #124520 on: July 23, 2017, 08:33:56 pm »

Maybe not pre banlist -- I think there was at least one clear out of the moderation lists old entries since I didn't want it to become a permanent badge of "honor" for dipshits, though I don't know if that was ever going to be an issue.  In any case, yeah, the Dakk warning/mute logs are bad enough I don't even want to post them on my account, though it's the sort of edgy crap you've seen if you've been on the internet a while.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124521 on: July 23, 2017, 08:37:23 pm »

Ah, okay.  I'm still taking a break for the personal reasons but that certainly makes me feel better, thanks.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124522 on: July 23, 2017, 08:37:26 pm »

Pre banlist? Out of curiosity, what was the exa- wait did the toad just call it horrifying? Nevermind i dont want to know.

Shock images possibly.

Also, didn't know that he was an alt for a previously banned person.

ninjaedit: Shock images would definetly go into 'the sort of edgy crap that you've seen if you've been on the internet for a while'.

Funny that TempAcc has been around since 2012 though. *shrug*
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 08:39:10 pm by smjjames »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124523 on: July 23, 2017, 08:41:19 pm »

Wow Toady, I'm honored that you actually took the time to read my post and reply to it. Thanks for explaining things to me. You do good work.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #124524 on: July 23, 2017, 08:54:02 pm »

By the looks of it Dakk logged on last in 2012 (20 days after TempAcc's account was created,) and the banlist cuts out before 2013, so that seems about right. Checking Dakk's post history quickly shows him to have had mannerisms quite similar to Temp's, and the age on Dakk's profile fits based on my knowledge that Temp's a lawyer.

I'd always been a bit on edge about the guy. Usually he seemed OK, but when politics came up, things went south. He had a weird mix of the kind of behavior and mannerisms you see from stereotypical American millenials (which in itself was odd, seeing as he's Brazilian) and the political beliefs of r/CringeAnarchy users. He kind of reminds me of the people I went to high school with, who seem funny and nerdy and generally cool, but then racism or Islam or LGBT rights come up and they're revealed as terribly bigoted people who put politics before facts.

On another note: speaking as what I believe to be the first manager of a dedicated gendersex thread, I think that letting the topic rest is a good idea. On this forum we have too eclectic a mix of people who care about the issue, people who don't care about the issue, and people for whom the issue is personal for it to be anything but dangerous and volatile.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124525 on: July 23, 2017, 09:03:07 pm »

As confusing and bad as this whole thing is, I find it hilarious that he literally made another account called Temporary Account as heydude described and got away with using it for so long post-ban.

The best place to hide is in plain sight, after all.
Black lives matter.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124526 on: July 23, 2017, 09:09:28 pm »

As confusing and bad as this whole thing is, I find it hilarious that he literally made another account called Temporary Account as heydude described and got away with using it for so long post-ban.

The best place to hide is in plain sight, after all.

No one would be dumb enough to do that

right?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124527 on: July 23, 2017, 09:12:03 pm »

I'm pretty sure Toady just let him do it. It's clear that Toady already knew the identity of TempAcc before banning him, but he let him stay on for whatever reason. He likely knows the identity of OrangeWizard's secret alt as well and is closely watching him to make sure he doesn't overstep his boundaries.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124528 on: July 23, 2017, 09:12:47 pm »

Now I don't know if you're kidding any more. :P
Black lives matter.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #124529 on: July 23, 2017, 09:13:54 pm »

We're all just Shades of Pathos.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 8300 8301 [8302] 8303 8304 ... 11038