Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8281 8282 [8283] 8284 8285 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14545135 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #124230 on: July 13, 2017, 12:41:41 pm »

Damn, that sounds like an advancing case of dementia. You should report her to .. erm.. police? Local social worker? She needs to be taken off the road at the very least.

Over here I'd say police. Dutch police are well equipped with knowledge of where to go get the right help for confused / demented old people, they'd be in safe hands there. Then again, don't know about the police over where you live.

EDIT: Also, your WTF? What line of business are you in that your insurance requires you to inform them if you get a new (internet? healthcare? household-income?) provider, or else you're a felon? That sounds kind of harsh.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 12:44:48 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124231 on: July 13, 2017, 12:50:33 pm »

If you get a new car insurance provider you need to inform your old one, apparently.  A few years back I switched insurance providers without informing the old one at the same time I moved.  I was fully paid up with the first one, I had just gotten the bill for the next year of insurance, decided I could do better (and did) and got insurance with someone else and assumed simply not paying them the $1000 they wanted for the next 6 months would inform them of my decision.

Instead (according to my lawyer I had to hire) they reported me as not having insurance, and the state instead of just checking to see if I got insurance elsewhere, just suspended my license for not having insurance, and sent the notice to my old addresss.  Fortunately thanks to said lawyer, the charges were dropped the day I came in for my pre trial thingymajigger.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 12:52:11 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124232 on: July 13, 2017, 12:52:24 pm »

Damn, that sounds like an advancing case of dementia. You should report her to .. erm.. police? Local social worker? She needs to be taken off the road at the very least.

Over here I'd say police. Dutch police are well equipped with knowledge of where to go get the right help for confused / demented old people, they'd be in safe hands there. Then again, don't know about the police over where you live.

Pfft, police over here have a tendency to shoot mentally ill people on sight when they are having a crisis, especially if they're a minority.. Don't know about dementia though.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #124233 on: July 13, 2017, 12:54:07 pm »

*hisss* Maths!
I share that sentiment.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124234 on: July 13, 2017, 01:29:29 pm »

Arrived at house we had left alone for several months. Went in, became covered in v. small black insects. Unsure if they bite or not, but crushing one left red trail. Let off several flea bombs and left house for several hours, but a few seem to remain. Very hard to kill by crushing/whacking.

Very unpleasant experience at the time, but I trust most are dead and am trying to be stoic about the others.
One wheel short of a wagon

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #124235 on: July 13, 2017, 02:00:25 pm »

driving by an abandoned limo retailer and a full service gas station.

stop for rude pedestrian.

signs converge.

'full service' 'lube center'.

yes please.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124236 on: July 13, 2017, 02:15:02 pm »

Better be careful. Jiffy Lube has been known to give people the shaft. ;)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #124237 on: July 13, 2017, 02:57:10 pm »

Cat nibbled the corner of my monitor. It's broken now:

Continuous flickering and color patterns. It's like a rave party with a $200 admission.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124238 on: July 13, 2017, 03:21:08 pm »

Cats don't normally chew monitors, rub against them and push them off tables/desks yes but not normally chewing on them.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124239 on: July 13, 2017, 04:10:52 pm »

Seems Shia Lebouf has finally completely and utterly snapped in his attempt to become the most progressive person ever, to the point he called a black, pregnant female police officer a bitch multiple times during his arrest.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #124240 on: July 13, 2017, 04:13:28 pm »

Writing a neural network is proving to be far more of a pain in the ass that I've imagined. Turns out, when you don't have native access to matrix multiplication, and to matrices in general, it's actually pretty difficult to properly link all the multiplications and additions together...
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124241 on: July 13, 2017, 04:14:46 pm »

Seems Shia Lebouf has finally completely and utterly snapped in his attempt to become the most progressive person ever, to the point he called a black, pregnant female police officer a bitch multiple times during his arrest.

Wasn't he already pretty controversial with a history of saying stuff that would be offensive to some groups? Unless I'm thinking of someone else.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 04:16:43 pm by smjjames »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124242 on: July 13, 2017, 04:19:48 pm »

I think the guy has been unstable since around 2010, he just got worse during and after the elections, its way past sensationalist publicity now, guy has literally snapped.

Also pewdiepie took some red pills and is now a human being.

What a time to be alive.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 04:24:36 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124243 on: July 13, 2017, 04:36:05 pm »

I'm curious as to what he was arrested for. My view of Shia was that he was somewhat nutty, but harmless.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #124244 on: July 13, 2017, 04:39:30 pm »

Writing a neural network is proving to be far more of a pain in the ass that I've imagined. Turns out, when you don't have native access to matrix multiplication, and to matrices in general, it's actually pretty difficult to properly link all the multiplications and additions together...

Tell me about it. Even simple things get very stupid very quickly. Translating matlab applications into java has been my job for a fair bit, and it's... creative work. I think I've come up with a good dozen new swear words!

If you've got a language that supports it, I would strongly advise either loading up someone else's library or building your own matrix library before getting in too deep. If your language doesn't support it, then learn a new language.

Honestly, matrix utility heaven was one of the few bright spots matlab had for me.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 8281 8282 [8283] 8284 8285 ... 11037