Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8278 8279 [8280] 8281 8282 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14544630 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #124185 on: July 11, 2017, 02:26:37 pm »

Watched the Netflix Castlevania series and it was made from a video game and also quite good.

I thought that was like oil and water.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124186 on: July 11, 2017, 02:37:11 pm »

Watched the Netflix Castlevania series and it was made from a video game and also quite good.

I thought that was like oil and water.

Videogames are not as impossible to translate as it would seem. It is just that we don't get many decent attempts at it.

I mean there are only two sizable differences between it and the actual story of the games.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124187 on: July 11, 2017, 04:10:54 pm »

That's something very few writers seem to understand: You don't need to make massive changes to the plot to adapt video games to movies/tv

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124188 on: July 11, 2017, 07:21:20 pm »

Journalists calling a photon an 'object': http://www.bbc.com/news/av/science-environment-40573621/first-object-teleported-to-earth-s-orbit Making it sound like a hell of a lot bigger thing than it is. Instead of teleporting a rubik cube, it's a photon.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #124189 on: July 11, 2017, 07:26:26 pm »

I'm going through some of my older posts.

Why the fuck did I behave that way? I can tell I thought I was being funny by acting a sort-of-maniacal manner, and it's about as amusing as... well, what I was doing.
I know how you feel. Sometimes way too often, I wonder how mentally sound younger me was.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #124190 on: July 11, 2017, 07:27:58 pm »

Seems an odd thing to be worried about, to be fair.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #124191 on: July 11, 2017, 09:46:28 pm »

Seems an odd thing to be worried about, to be fair.

Hell, I worry about stuff I did yesterday. (not just posts)
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124192 on: July 11, 2017, 11:44:53 pm »

Of course younger-me was a dumbass, that's how brain development works. :V

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124193 on: July 12, 2017, 02:23:43 am »

I'm currently interning as a sort of counselor/director for the junior program of a local theater group. It takes place in the high school, and I'm pretty sure the kids are all in grades 4-8.

This afternoon, one of the older children walked up to me, took out a bobby pin, and nonchalantly asked if she could use a school door to demonstrate lockpicking. I said no, for pretty obvious reasons, but it seems that we have a twelve-year-old escape artist.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124194 on: July 12, 2017, 02:58:16 am »

My sister, at a slightly older age, confidently attempted to demonstrate her lockpicking skills on our door with a bobby pin and nearly broke our lock. Probably a good call not to let her do it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124195 on: July 12, 2017, 03:22:36 am »

Journalists calling a photon an 'object': http://www.bbc.com/news/av/science-environment-40573621/first-object-teleported-to-earth-s-orbit Making it sound like a hell of a lot bigger thing than it is. Instead of teleporting a rubik cube, it's a photon.
Pretty sure it's not really teleporting anyway, if you use quantum entanglement. Or it's non-instantaneous teleporting. QM tends not to break c.
One wheel short of a wagon

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #124196 on: July 12, 2017, 04:44:07 am »

This just in: Light moves at the speed of light.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124197 on: July 12, 2017, 12:56:47 pm »

Other news: Water is wet, the sky is blue, the Pope is Catholic, etc.
Black lives matter.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #124198 on: July 12, 2017, 01:01:34 pm »

This just in: Light moves at the speed of light.

If it is teleporting, even only at the speed of light, that's still useful. Lightspeed communications that don't need LOS would be rather helpful.

Granted, with that man's voice, one could be forgiven for thinking this was a new office toaster.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124199 on: July 12, 2017, 01:12:31 pm »

I'm currently interning as a sort of counselor/director for the junior program of a local theater group. It takes place in the high school, and I'm pretty sure the kids are all in grades 4-8.

This afternoon, one of the older children walked up to me, took out a bobby pin, and nonchalantly asked if she could use a school door to demonstrate lockpicking. I said no, for pretty obvious reasons, but it seems that we have a twelve-year-old escape artist.

My sister, at a slightly older age, confidently attempted to demonstrate her lockpicking skills on our door with a bobby pin and nearly broke our lock. Probably a good call not to let her do it.

Heh, in the first and only time I'd ever tried to pick a lock, when I was 15 or something, I got back home a bit early/mom hadn't gotten back yet and I didn't have the key, I tried using a straightened out paperclip to pick the lock. The straightened out paperclip quickly got stuck, turned out to have gotten caught on a little nub in the lock. I didn't get into trouble for it though, and it was a dumb idea anyway.

Pretty sure it's not really teleporting anyway, if you use quantum entanglement. Or it's non-instantaneous teleporting. QM tends not to break c.

I was wtf'ng at the fact that whoever wrote the title, they called light an 'object'. Would you call an atom an 'object'? Most likely not.
Pages: 1 ... 8278 8279 [8280] 8281 8282 ... 11037