Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8268 8269 [8270] 8271 8272 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14537452 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #124035 on: July 07, 2017, 06:26:04 pm »

-wrong thread-
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124036 on: July 07, 2017, 07:22:09 pm »

The dog here is obsessed with playing fetch.
Gradually since my travelling companions and I arrived her toys were all either lost or hidden as a result of her incessant demanding to play fetch, digging out new toys to replace them until she ran out... then this morning she moved on to sticks and twigs.

Earlier, though, she lurched out of the garden with what appeared to be a small tree clutched awkwardly in her mouth.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #124037 on: July 07, 2017, 08:11:52 pm »

today's wtf:

I got curious as to the world and looked up a map of countries within.

And some of the names I saw got me to wtf.  Does anyone have a recent map of political borders I can look at?

Depends on how recent you want it. I have this one
:|

those pesky romans, missing 90% of the world map.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124038 on: July 07, 2017, 08:20:03 pm »

today's wtf:

I got curious as to the world and looked up a map of countries within.

And some of the names I saw got me to wtf.  Does anyone have a recent map of political borders I can look at?
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6a/CIA_WorldFactBook-Political_world.pdf

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124039 on: July 07, 2017, 08:27:36 pm »

Man I never thought I'd see this:

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/07/colorado-earth-flat-gravity-hoax/

Honest to god Flat Earthers are growing in numbers in Colorado, and these people have children whom they're indoctrinating into the belief.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124040 on: July 07, 2017, 08:45:28 pm »

Man I never thought I'd see this:

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/07/colorado-earth-flat-gravity-hoax/

Honest to god Flat Earthers are growing in numbers in Colorado, and these people have children whom they're indoctrinating into the belief.
Its the god damn post modernists and their idiotic levels of skepticism isn't it. I don't tolerate deliberate stupid.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124041 on: July 07, 2017, 08:47:09 pm »

Y'know, sometimes I can almost (ALMOST) forgive a creationist or a moon landing hoaxer for their views. The evidence for those things, while plentiful and simple to understand, is difficult to directly observe for the average person. Evolution works relatively slowly over multiple generations, and obviously we can't just fly every lunatic to the moon and let them see it for themselves. They have to rely more on the observations other people make.

Flat-Eartherism is just plain nuts. Goddammit, humanity. We should have stamped out that particular breed of wrongness centuries ago.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124042 on: July 07, 2017, 08:53:15 pm »

Thanks, I was looking for your forgiveness this whole time :3

That said, I'm able to reconcile my religious view on the existence of God with the concept of evolution/general scientific discovery quite easily, and I'm not sure why some of my fellow religionites are not. It's an absurd stigma, but I do find that the same people who are super hardline against evolution are often the same ones who warn me that cell phone signals might cook my brain, so maybe they are just legit nutso.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124043 on: July 07, 2017, 08:55:41 pm »

That said, I'm able to reconcile my religious view on the existence of God with the concept of evolution/general scientific discovery quite easily, and I'm not sure why some of my fellow religionites are not. It's an absurd stigma, but I do find that the same people who are super hardline against evolution are often the same ones who warn me that cell phone signals might cook my brain, so maybe they are just legit nutso.

Yeah, it's like the whole 7 days thing, how long is a day to god? an hour? 24 hours? Month? Year? Eons?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124044 on: July 07, 2017, 08:58:13 pm »

Yeah, it's like the whole 7 days thing, how long is a day to god? an hour? 24 hours? Month? Year? Eons?
While I myself am not religious, I notice that seems to be open entirely to personal interpretation.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #124045 on: July 07, 2017, 08:59:51 pm »

All religion is open to personal interpretation, though I say this as someone who is wholly against organised religion.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124046 on: July 07, 2017, 09:00:14 pm »

While I myself am not religious, I notice that seems to be open entirely to personal interpretation.

2 Peter 3:8 (NKJV)
"But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

How bou dah

Also I'm sorry for starting this, because this is not a religion-approved thread as it were and I'd rather not derail into that because we all know that usually ends poorly, so I'm done. But hey, obviously not hard to do IMO.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124047 on: July 07, 2017, 09:09:02 pm »

All I know is that plenty of people here in the States believe that the world is roughly 6,000 years old and God created it as-is in exactly six normal days.

* Sirus shrugs

Back to the Flat-Earther stuff, I sincerely hope that it's a publicity shock stunt.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #124048 on: July 07, 2017, 09:39:46 pm »

Just went to the YMCA - they had a sign up warning about the dangers of drowning, complete with statistics.

One of those statistics, though, stated that African-American kids were 70% more likely to something involving drowning. Hispanic kids clocked in at 50% and Caucasian kids were at 40%.

How the hell did they get those statistics? What's the point of placing statistics tied to certain ethnicities? I am confused. Also, YMCA, I am disappoint. I'm not sure why, but I'm sure I should be.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124049 on: July 07, 2017, 09:41:56 pm »

All I know is that plenty of people here in the States believe that the world is roughly 6,000 years old and God created it as-is in exactly six normal days.

* Sirus shrugs

Back to the Flat-Earther stuff, I sincerely hope that it's a publicity shock stunt.

Not according to the articles. Also some of them believe that the Earth is a disc ringed by ice. What's past the ice? Nothing, they hold that the ice goes for infinity. That would be pretty cool if it was true, unlimited heat sink and supply of water + living space.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 09:51:15 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 8268 8269 [8270] 8271 8272 ... 11037