Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8267 8268 [8269] 8270 8271 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14534861 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #124020 on: July 07, 2017, 02:39:15 am »

Just noticed my avatar disappeared.
Been using photobucket for 10+ years now. For some reason, it now says 'we notice that you have been using your account for third party hosting'. Now they want me to upgrade to photobucket plus. Screw that. So looks like I need a new free picture host.

What do you guys use for your avatars?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124021 on: July 07, 2017, 02:42:21 am »

3rd party hosting... From a site dedicated to hosting images, to embed in webpages....

I can see if they think you are using their site to host all the image content for a webpage or something-- but if they just use some kind of algorithm that alerts when large numbers of people download an image, then they run foul of posting on a popular message board.

I would contest this if you are not doing shameless host offloading.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #124022 on: July 07, 2017, 02:45:18 am »

Bay12 is just about the only place I ever post their img links in

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124023 on: July 07, 2017, 02:52:38 am »

Been using photobucket for 10+ years now. For some reason, it now says 'we notice that you have been using your account for third party hosting'. Now they want me to upgrade to photobucket plus. Screw that. So looks like I need a new free picture host.

I had that problem about a week ago. I'd been using Photobucket for about as long as you and now they don't like 3rd party linking. Since at the moment I'm only using my avatar I uploaded it to Tinypic. I tried Imgur but it didn't show up when I put the link in my avatar settings.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124024 on: July 07, 2017, 02:56:22 am »

I use Imgur. Nice and simple, and all you have to do is sell your soul!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #124025 on: July 07, 2017, 04:55:58 am »

3rd party hosting... From a site dedicated to hosting images, to embed in webpages....

I can see if they think you are using their site to host all the image content for a webpage or something-- but if they just use some kind of algorithm that alerts when large numbers of people download an image, then they run foul of posting on a popular message board.

I would contest this if you are not doing shameless host offloading.
No dice. It's their new official policy. $399/year or bust. Yes, that's a lot.

I don't know why people were even using that site, though. I never could get one of their picture to actually show up directly on their own site. It was terrible. And now you also have to pay to have that terribleness. Hopefully this will make all people abandon this failure of an imagehosting site completely.
._.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #124026 on: July 07, 2017, 04:59:57 am »

@_@?
Photobucket has hosted my avatar since ever...and I do note that their quality has dropped in the years leading to now >_>
So forwarding what the others said; imgur or others work very well.

I don't know why people were even using that site, though. I never could get one of their picture to actually show up directly on their own site. It was terrible. And now you also have to pay to have that terribleness. Hopefully this will make all people abandon this failure of an imagehosting site completely.
In my uneducated opinion, it was a lot better a year or so ago; you could host direct pictures that, when viewed directly, would load only the image. Then it slowly changed over time to load the whole page. Now this? o_O (Try viewing my avatar--it'll load the PAGE instead of just the image; personally, that wastes more and takes more time because of loading extra unneeded things unlike before, but that's just my feelings x.x)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 05:21:26 am by Tiruin »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #124027 on: July 07, 2017, 05:14:53 am »

Looks like they gone batshit crazy insane. I don't think they'll find many customers willing to pay such an astronomical amount of money, for a service that can be found for free everywhere else. Unless they have some devious plan of patenting image hosting, and making all other image hosts pay them in a near future :P

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #124028 on: July 07, 2017, 06:05:26 am »

I think they want to start a niche service catering to people who don't trust Imgur.

I also briefly saw Bay12 without darkling.  my eyes
It could be worse. You could be one of those people who actually uses the default theme.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #124029 on: July 07, 2017, 06:33:43 am »

I think they want to start a niche service catering to people who don't trust Imgur.

I also briefly saw Bay12 without darkling.  my eyes
It could be worse. You could be one of those people who actually uses the default theme.

;D
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124030 on: July 07, 2017, 06:34:55 am »

I think they want to blackmail people or business that have been using their site for 10 years. Ask for a ridiculous amount of money for critically important images that can't be changed (like ebay or something), cash out. You'll never have new customers and almost all your current customers will abandon you asap but at least you've made some quick cash. Cash out, sell the failing business or just discontinue it after a month.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #124031 on: July 07, 2017, 06:35:28 am »

I just realized that TheBiggerFish hasn't logged on for 11 days now.

I hope he's alright :c
there's always a bigger bigger fish
He is alright--also you can try contacting him on Steem or otherwise [like discord]; he's just having browser problems as he usually only uses his phone in posting, and his phone is having problems.

Also this should've been in the sad thread, but I'm saving posts.

So Bwuh. Can't even aim to study in a friendly place because my 6 years in college is 'non-eligible'. Hello feelings of 'being left out in comparison to all those other countries', and 'I can't even live as myself in my own motherland :v'

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #124032 on: July 07, 2017, 01:30:43 pm »

today's wtf:

I got curious as to the world and looked up a map of countries within.

And some of the names I saw got me to wtf.  Does anyone have a recent map of political borders I can look at?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #124033 on: July 07, 2017, 01:45:58 pm »

today's wtf:

I got curious as to the world and looked up a map of countries within.

And some of the names I saw got me to wtf.  Does anyone have a recent map of political borders I can look at?

Depends on how recent you want it. I have this one
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #124034 on: July 07, 2017, 03:42:34 pm »

I just realized that TheBiggerFish hasn't logged on for 11 days now.

I hope he's alright :c
there's always a bigger bigger fish
He is alright--also you can try contacting him on Steem or otherwise [like discord]; he's just having browser problems as he usually only uses his phone in posting, and his phone is having problems.
Ah, I see. Thanks.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 8267 8268 [8269] 8270 8271 ... 11037