Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8266 8267 [8268] 8269 8270 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14534608 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #124005 on: July 06, 2017, 01:08:05 pm »

I had nerf guns when I was kid.  Problem is that my mom didn't want us firing them indoors, and using them outside would result in losing all the darts.  So... RIP.

I actually saw nerf heaven tho.  My parents were looking for a new house around when I finished middle school, and one of the houses we looked at was... interesting.  Basically it was a huge house with a huge lawn but it was all very badly kept.  The lawn was scattered brown clumps of grass on dry ground.  The house itself had a bajillion seperate rooms but they made no sense.  They weren't easy to access without walking through one another so they wouldn't have made good bedrooms for a large number of people, but I'm not sure why any one family would have needed so many interconnected small rooms.  But one thing it would have been amazing for, the only thing I can think of really, is epic nerf wars in a giant labyrinth of rooms.

...granted there was no chance we were going to get that house, I'm not sure we could have realistically even afforded it.  Granted despite being a mansion the property was shitty in every other way and this was when the house market collapse was in full force, so maybe it was severely under priced?  Doubt it tho, it seems that people who own houses would prefer to leave them empty then take a loss selling them.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #124006 on: July 06, 2017, 01:50:25 pm »

I think Im getting sick.

I have a weird mucus in my nose, and I feel perpetually about to sneeze.  I had some issues sleeping last night and only ran 1.5 miles yesterday.

Why, oh why?  I suppose I should be lucky it only happens 1 or 2 times a year.  And even these symptoms are more annoying than the usual sore throat and slightly inflamed limby bits.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124007 on: July 06, 2017, 03:09:01 pm »

Purchased a small lockbox today. I can't open it, it's locked and the key is inside it. Probably should have checked that before paying for it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #124008 on: July 06, 2017, 03:12:42 pm »

Purchased a small lockbox today. I can't open it, it's locked and the key is inside it. Probably should have checked that before paying for it.
The perfect time to learn how to lockpick.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124009 on: July 06, 2017, 03:23:36 pm »

Firefox lost all my cookies due to a lightning strike... again.  This is as weird as it is annoying, having to log back in to everything.

Especially because this means Youtube videos default to autoplay, even after logging back in!  It's a cookie, not tied to account.  I also briefly saw Bay12 without darkling.  my eyes

And now that the rain passed, the fecking lawnmowers are doing a THIRD pass right outside my window.  Every Thursday, blugh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #124010 on: July 06, 2017, 04:33:05 pm »

If its the really cheapo kind, a paperclip can do alright.

I was told to go straight for buying one of those 'glass doorknobs and skip books, guns, or any other device to learn how to pick better.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124011 on: July 06, 2017, 05:58:12 pm »

The perfect time to learn how to lockpick.

All the tutorials and stuff seem to be for a different model lockbox(many assume it has a number lock), and others involve destroying the lock, or suggest buying new keys.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124012 on: July 06, 2017, 06:07:50 pm »

That's bizarre, surely there is some sort of general lockpicking tutorial out there that teaches you how to pick a lock without breaking it.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #124013 on: July 06, 2017, 07:26:58 pm »

Noticed a livestream of a speech Trump is giving in Poland and opened it on a lark.  First thing I hear is him talking about the Warsaw Uprising.  I have to say, that is not something that I was expecting as the first thing to hear when I opened it up.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124014 on: July 06, 2017, 08:07:59 pm »

Noticed a livestream of a speech Trump is giving in Poland and opened it on a lark.  First thing I hear is him talking about the Warsaw Uprising.  I have to say, that is not something that I was expecting as the first thing to hear when I opened it up.
He is almost certainly reading something someone else wrote then. i am 100% sure Trump knows nothing about polish history.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #124015 on: July 06, 2017, 08:45:19 pm »

i am 100% sure Trump knows nothing about polish history.
Oh god Trump and I have something in common!

Do tell me about everything he gets wrong - I could use a bit of knowledge, and since Trump is Trump, he'll need plenty of corrections anyway.

What was the Warsaw Uprising, anyway? I've never actually heard of it...

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124016 on: July 06, 2017, 08:53:43 pm »

i am 100% sure Trump knows nothing about polish history.
Oh god Trump and I have something in common!

Do tell me about everything he gets wrong - I could use a bit of knowledge, and since Trump is Trump, he'll need plenty of corrections anyway.

What was the Warsaw Uprising, anyway? I've never actually heard of it...
The best explanation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzeNBRbWXpI
Through Sabaton!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #124017 on: July 06, 2017, 09:47:37 pm »

I just realized that TheBiggerFish hasn't logged on for 11 days now.

I hope he's alright :c
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124018 on: July 06, 2017, 11:14:34 pm »

I just realized that TheBiggerFish hasn't logged on for 11 days now.

I hope he's alright :c
there's always a bigger bigger fish

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124019 on: July 06, 2017, 11:29:12 pm »

Apparently, after the Civil War ended in the United States,things got worse.

Why is every story in history secretly a Worm fanfiction?
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: 1 ... 8266 8267 [8268] 8269 8270 ... 11037