Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8259 8260 [8261] 8262 8263 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14529022 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #123900 on: July 05, 2017, 08:39:58 am »

Thing is, can we really call such a thing journalism at all? Is finding someone and threatening them over a political joke a thing a major news outlet should do? They even proudly reported about the thing as it if were a normal and acceptable practice.
Thats a legit what the fuck type of situation, its like something out of a dystopian novel.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #123901 on: July 05, 2017, 10:14:47 am »

...Well that won't go over poorly at all.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #123902 on: July 05, 2017, 11:13:20 am »

Thats a legit what the fuck type of situation, its like something out of a dystopian novel.

Thats kinda what american politics has become of late. Everybodys lost their chill.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #123904 on: July 05, 2017, 11:27:24 am »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #123905 on: July 05, 2017, 11:32:42 am »

Did you watch the whole thing frame by frame to just spot a nipple?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123906 on: July 05, 2017, 11:41:52 am »

Nope. I read one of the top comments.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #123907 on: July 05, 2017, 12:01:57 pm »

Yeah, I was going to say... It didn't look like they actually doxxed him so to say... Just found out his identity and threatened him. Which. Seems somehow worse.
I'd say it is worse.  Doxxing would be journalism, this is just... reporting on something aggressive that CNN itself did.  If they wanted to go all the way and doxx the guy at least there'd be a (bad) argument in their defense.

Also, reminds me of the time that the guy who created the Red Pill subreddit was doxxed and revealed to be a politician in the New Hampshire House of Representatives.  That was a weird day.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123908 on: July 05, 2017, 12:42:03 pm »

Slightly NSFW, I suppose? It's all censored though.
Just to be clear, this is an actor doing a voice :P  He's one of the main characters on The IT Crowd, a good show.

CNN doxxed someone over a Trump gif.

Classy.
They literally didn't, obviously.  They identified the user, and contacted him, but didn't release his info.
fake news
Yeah, I was going to say... It didn't look like they actually doxxed him so to say... Just found out his identity and threatened him. Which. Seems somehow worse.

Well, yeah, because instead of being arguably a case of overzealous journalism it turns into threatening someone never to disagree with CNN again, which is pretty clearly worse.
Oh, did he disagree with CNN?  I just remember him making a GIF of them being beat up.

Though...  They are basically threatening him, yeah:
Quote from: CNN
CNN is not publishing "HanA**holeSolo's" name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.

CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.
Which is kinda disturbing, gotta be honest.  But it's also very public.  If he does merely "disagree" with them and they doxx him, *then* they'll be the bad guys.  (And he'll be in company with the President, who of course refuses to apologize, and a martyr among his MAGA buddies).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #123909 on: July 05, 2017, 12:49:41 pm »

CNN doxxed someone over a Trump gif.

Classy.
They literally didn't, obviously.  They identified the user, and contacted him, but didn't release his info.
fake news

They did all the legwork and then withheld it to try and coerce him into apologizing and not making any more memes about them. Same process, same intent, but honestly even scummier.

Not even anything remarkable, just the CNN logo pasted over the face of that guy from the old Trump wrestling video. Proud culture warriors at work, stopping people from making shitty memes. It's been how many decades and they still don't understand how the Streisand Effect works?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #123910 on: July 05, 2017, 01:00:28 pm »

I was googling a release date for "The Winds of Winter"   and suddenly I decided to google how long it took Cervantes to write 'The Quixote"

It took him one year to write the first part.  When he went for the sequel a few years later, it took him two years.
And that's writing it by hand with a fucking quill.

Granted, GRRM is not Miguel de Cervantes, so we can hardly expect the same performance.  But then again, GoT is no Quixote either
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123911 on: July 05, 2017, 01:28:12 pm »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123912 on: July 05, 2017, 01:33:28 pm »

But then again, GoT is no Quixote either
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123913 on: July 05, 2017, 01:37:32 pm »

Isn't GoT that mafia game where people die every turn but nobody knows what the goal or even the sides are? 

I keep getting told I need to watch that but from what I hear it focuses too much of political crap and not enough on dragons burning zombies.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 01:39:42 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #123914 on: July 05, 2017, 01:48:30 pm »

If you ask me GRRM lost control of the plot at least two books ago and has a huge writer´s block. He´s also probably kind of lazy but that's neither here nor there.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 8259 8260 [8261] 8262 8263 ... 11037