Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8254 8255 [8256] 8257 8258 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14527367 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #123825 on: July 01, 2017, 06:26:20 pm »

Not to mention movies hit "progressive" controversies as much because they are rather regressive overall. The last movie to be controversial because it was "feminist" was the new Ghostbusters.

The only real outcry was people complaining that other people said they didn't like it. it's cringeworthy, not because it has women in it, but because it has millenials in it. Millenial comedy writing/acting sucks balls.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 06:30:49 pm by Reelya »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123826 on: July 01, 2017, 06:41:49 pm »

Not to mention movies hit "progressive" controversies as much because they are rather regressive overall. The last movie to be controversial because it was "feminist" was the new Ghostbusters.

The only real outcry was people complaining that other people said they didn't like it. it's cringeworthy, not because it has women in it, but because it has millenials in it. Millenial comedy writing/acting sucks balls.

Me and my dad did a marathon of old 80's comedies a few years back.  Soooo much funnier back then, mostly cause it was easier to get away with a lot more.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #123827 on: July 01, 2017, 06:59:02 pm »

American comedy sucks right now because it doesn't use the visuals for anything.  The average romantic comedy or sitcom could be set on the radio and it would change nothing  Compare the average stand up or improv comedian to Who's Line is it Anyway. Compare the average comedy movie to Shaun of the Dead and the rest of its "trilogy".
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123828 on: July 01, 2017, 08:31:44 pm »

Colombian woman was detained at a German airport then doubles over because of pain in her chest. It turns out she'd had a kilo of cocaine put into her breasts as implants and the "surgery" was badly done.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/wtf/woman-attempts-to-smuggle-cocaine-through-frankfurt-customs-in-breast-implants/news-story/49ae5e8b4c0729044e5946af47db9819

I think she's lucky that she got caught. It's possible/likely that the receivers would merely have killed the courier rather than give her proper medical treatment and payment.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123829 on: July 01, 2017, 10:10:09 pm »

Me and my dad did a marathon of old 80's comedies a few years back.  Soooo much funnier back then, mostly cause it was easier to get away with a lot more.

The Outcry died down but it was intense before the movie actually hit theaters.

Mind you the movie isn't feminist, but that is why I put it in quotations. Somehow people made a movie where they replaced all the male actors with female ones and a lot of people interpreted it as a movie about gender politics.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123831 on: July 02, 2017, 02:39:24 am »

Just heard my first letsplay by a 3-4 year old child... (supervised by an adult... and translated too)

WOW adorable overload!

Though I am starting to understand what the sort of perfect games for very young kids are. Very experimental where you can "break it" if you want to, free form creativity to some extent.

Which is funny because I am sure Adults like that concept too.

Like your playing a game where you are making your own gun and instead of a scope you attach another barrel, and instead of a trigger you attach another barrel.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 03:08:25 am by Neonivek »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #123832 on: July 02, 2017, 11:56:07 am »

Just heard my first letsplay by a 3-4 year old child... (supervised by an adult... and translated too)

WOW adorable overload!

Though I am starting to understand what the sort of perfect games for very young kids are. Very experimental where you can "break it" if you want to, free form creativity to some extent.

Which is funny because I am sure Adults like that concept too.

Like your playing a game where you are making your own gun and instead of a scope you attach another barrel, and instead of a trigger you attach another barrel.
Are you gonna link it or what?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123833 on: July 02, 2017, 12:02:08 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26XtRJ_4HNg

I am not sure why you would want to watch it... but sure.

I just think it is very interesting especially since I have a history with young children's games (Putt Putt, Reading Rabbit, Arthur's Teacher Trouble)

Yet at the same time I am starting to wonder if these concepts apply to games that an adult would like... there is a certain elegance.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 12:04:40 pm by Neonivek »

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #123834 on: July 02, 2017, 01:41:48 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26XtRJ_4HNg

I am not sure why you would want to watch it... but sure.

I just think it is very interesting especially since I have a history with young children's games (Putt Putt, Reading Rabbit, Arthur's Teacher Trouble)

Yet at the same time I am starting to wonder if these concepts apply to games that an adult would like... there is a certain elegance.

im not sure thats the right link
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #123835 on: July 02, 2017, 03:32:04 pm »

This is really super weird.

I have a WallMart money card that I use for those infrequent occasions where I want to buy something and can't use cash (I don't have a bank account because that is more bother than it is worth.) Yesterday I got a new card in the mail. Ok, no big deal, the old one is probably about to expire or something.

Except I looked at the two cards today and noted that A) their numbers don't match and B) the old card is still good until 2019. This prompted a closer look at the envelope the new card arrived in. It turns out it's full of "please come back" language telling me all the benefits of using a money card. WTF? I know I don't use the card all that often, but it's not like I go that long between uses either.

I think I'll just ignore the new card for now...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123836 on: July 02, 2017, 03:33:41 pm »

? No, it's cuz the writing today is just, shit. Like, in terms of the timing of jokes and such; the mechanisms of humour, not necessarily the content.

you can be funny without being an asshole

you just have to, you know, know how to be funny
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #123837 on: July 02, 2017, 03:45:33 pm »

? No, it's cuz the writing today is just, shit. Like, in terms of the timing of jokes and such; the mechanisms of humour, not necessarily the content.

you can be funny without being an asshole

you just have to, you know, know how to be funny
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123838 on: July 02, 2017, 03:46:42 pm »

Didn't see Ghostbusters, but did anyone see "Spy", by some of the same people?

Same producer, writer, director, one of those or something. I really enjoyed it, especially Miranda Hart's appearance with 50 Cent.
One wheel short of a wagon

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #123839 on: July 02, 2017, 04:02:55 pm »

I would also point out that modern comedians get hella offensive* whenever they want and they still succeed.  South Park, everything by Seth McFarlane, Archer, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, most standup comedians, most prank shows as well as Tosh.0 which is in a similar vein, Big Bang Theory (it sucks but its also pretty offensive).  Even like Tina Fey, who gets called out as a SJW, really really isn't, she's pretty much just a female version of the average male comedian with everything that entails.

I would say that real leftist/Millenial/SJW comedy right now centers around the principle of punching up instead of punching down.  Jon Stewart's daily show and all of its descendants, Key and Peele, I'm struggling to think of any other paid American examples off the top of my head.  Lot of internet stuff tho, which makes sense since AFAIK few millenials have broken into major entertainment industry roles as of now (with exceptions like Alex Hirsch although even he would barely count as a millennial by most standards).  There's also a lot of humor that either doesn't use specific people as the butt of its joke, or is "for" the same group its making fun of.  For example Pearl in Steven Universe has a lot of jokes that are targeted at mentally ill or mentally unhealthy people but she comes across more as relatable than mean.  To the point where I would say neurotypical people probably enjoy the character less rather than more.  Compare say Sheldon Cooper in the Big Bang Theory.  Where like yeah he references a lot of geek culture and yeah the actor has gone on the record saying he's autistic but the character exists for outsiders to point and laugh at both geeks and people on the spectrum.

*or "offensive" with air quotes, or just black comedy that pushes on sensitive issues.  I'm using the word without judgement for this post.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 8254 8255 [8256] 8257 8258 ... 11037