Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8242 8243 [8244] 8245 8246 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14526394 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #123645 on: June 29, 2017, 12:56:19 pm »

2+2=5
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123646 on: June 29, 2017, 01:04:40 pm »

You're totally on point with learning to balance positive and negative opinions with your own, and I've had that thing you describe where I watched or played something and loved it then read a biting criticism that I reluctantly realize is accurate, but people can definitely have invalid opinions. You can't form an opinion based on false information then share it with people and say it can't be invalidated because it's an opinion. It's rare to run into an opinion that is scientifically wrong but it does happen.

Those objectively wrong opinions are usually accompanied by completely misunderstand the plot, which makes them easy to spot. A kind of red flag for that is complaints that start with "the plot didn't make any sense" and they then go on to explain what they think happened, but they have all the facts wrong.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123647 on: June 29, 2017, 01:07:05 pm »

skeptics [...] sargon [...] pretty reasonable people overall
HAH

Whats so unreasonable about sargon? The guy literally asked people who watch his videos to not harass her.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #123648 on: June 29, 2017, 01:56:32 pm »

Or they/their parent gets bought out by radicals and turned into propaganda rags. See: Kotaku.

On that note, I've been eating a lot of popcorn while watching Youtube explode with all the drama. Popular feminist Laci Green hung out with some alt-right people to "bridge the gap" and open a dialogue, now she's getting doxxed by sjw's, death threats, accusations. Just for hanging out with some people with different opinions. Similar situation Cassie Jaye, who got "excommunicated" from feminism for even talking to MRAs to make The Red Pill movie, even before she started filming it. The irony is that the same people in both cases were falling all over these people as the best thing since sliced bread. But as soon as they're open to even talking to someone from another group, they're being demonized.

The irony: it's mostly male feminists/sjws who are doing the "with us or against us" attacks, against mainly women who are what I would call "normal feminists with a brain". Recently it feels like more and more feminist people are jumping ship because of abuse they get from their own side (more often from male sjw zealots than female ones) :/
I've seen (personally, not internet) quite a few guys go hard-feminist in the belief that it will help them "score". Because their motives are fundamentally shallow, and they don't really care about the issue's they're talking about, they ape the loudest part of the group in the belief that this is how people want them to behave - similar to people that switch religions for social reasons and immediately start acting like the worst stereotypes of the religion they're switching to.

After a while, this internalizes and they start to really think that way instead of just putting on an act - which is a positive feedback loop because the next set of people to do the same thing have a louder, nastier stereotype to base their mask on.

I think it more comes down to normal group creating social mechanics. The easiest way to define a group is to define those who are not part of the group. The easiest way to prove you are part of a group is to denounce the outgroup. This is multiplied on the internet where you lack a presence from anything but how loud you are. So, like in the witch processing of old, if you are part of a group where your presence might be suspectionised, you have to be even louder about other people to strengthen your own claims of belongance.
Love, scriver~

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #123649 on: June 29, 2017, 02:05:41 pm »

Just wpplied for a staffing agency in my area. Theyre ready to give me work already, on the side of what im already doing, which could turn into working 7 days a week. They also staff for loads of different clients, so ill never know whats up until i walk in the door.

I dont even know if this is a good idea or not, and frankly im terrified. But they did have a really good job going through july
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123650 on: June 29, 2017, 02:51:44 pm »

I've been job searching since I graduated (mid May) and have gotten nearly nothing out of it.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123651 on: June 29, 2017, 03:48:39 pm »

Even leaving out feminism entirely, I've learned that if you don't enjoy every single trite, pandering film that comes out then you're just a snob who gets off on raining on someone's parade.

Welcome to my world! Where I am unfairly negative for not buying into every single hype and eating up every developer excuse.

What annoys me is how often I end up ahead of my time...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #123652 on: June 29, 2017, 03:53:04 pm »

I've been job searching since I graduated (mid May) and have gotten nearly nothing out of it.
The sad thing is this seems pretty normal from what I've seen :/

Keep on trucking I guess.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123653 on: June 29, 2017, 03:54:09 pm »

That sucks. I came here for pedantry but more i have been there and you shall have a sympathy.

Even leaving out feminism entirely, I've learned that if you don't enjoy every single trite, pandering film that comes out then you're just a snob who gets off on raining on someone's parade.

Welcome to my world! Where I am unfairly negative for not buying into every single hype and eating up every developer excuse.

What annoys me is how often I end up ahead of my time...
Maybe, but you could at least have scathing wit instead of just being a buzzkill.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123654 on: June 29, 2017, 04:03:42 pm »

No! I am a killjoy elemental!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123655 on: June 29, 2017, 04:15:42 pm »

u r terriblu 0/10
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123656 on: June 29, 2017, 04:19:18 pm »

WTF NRA?, were it any other group, there would be calls to tell them to knock it off.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123657 on: June 29, 2017, 04:21:54 pm »

Yes because of all the groups I can think of with impunity from common discourse... it would be the national rifle association.

---

I think the real reason why the NRA is scared is because the Republicans are today's regime...

And right now it is clear that the democrats are tomorrow's.

They are looking at a losing battle and are scared because their beliefs are not the ones that will carry as strongly into the future.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 04:24:40 pm by Neonivek »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123658 on: June 29, 2017, 04:23:28 pm »

Bit of a clickbait and biased interpretation there. Nothing in the ad directly condones violence against anyone, its just a "defend your rights" type of thing, though if its guilty of anything, is singling out liberals for all the trouble mentioned in the video, which certainly doesn't help the political and social climate of murica, but it prob triggers a shitton of antifa dweebs, sooooo

God bless the NRA
now pls giv me a riful too
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 04:26:49 pm by TempAcc »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #123659 on: June 29, 2017, 04:36:43 pm »

...the National Rifle Association refers to schools, peaceful protests, outrage against prejudice, and anti-Trump sentiment as a "violence of lies".  The NRA.  You see no irony in that wording?

I mean yes, technically it is clickbait because there was no call to violence (although there was a call for the police to shut down peaceful protests and a call to membership that used violent imagery).  But like, that entire video was cult recruitment bullshit.  Don't trust your neighbor, don't trust your teacher, don't trust the man with the badge or the man on the street or the man on the news.  Trust us.  Next thing you know the NRA will be releasing an ad with a 5 step instructions on who is likely to join and how to recruit them, asking for membership dues, and telling you that if your family doesn't understand your membership you should isolate yourself from them.

I mean for fucks sake they used the edgelord "the sheeple are in black and white but the speaker is in color" visual trope.  I've literally seen that used in an anime when a villain was describing how he planned to wipe out humanity back when he was in high school.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 04:39:36 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 8242 8243 [8244] 8245 8246 ... 11037