Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8238 8239 [8240] 8241 8242 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14524054 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #123585 on: June 26, 2017, 06:07:08 pm »

Scandinavia And The World, an ostensibly Danish web comic, has a running joke that Danes are often accidentally... un-PC about race. No idea if there's any truth to that whatsoever.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123586 on: June 26, 2017, 06:41:40 pm »

Scandinavia And The World, an ostensibly Danish web comic, has a running joke that Danes are often accidentally... un-PC about race. No idea if there's any truth to that whatsoever.

No idea how true in RL that is either (the artist is actually Danish herself), but it's partially from the mohammed comics that some danish artists did.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123587 on: June 26, 2017, 06:48:41 pm »

Is it a Danish comic? Not surprised there.

Excuse me?

Thought you were Swedish?

Anyways, sorry for assuming it was Danish.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #123588 on: June 26, 2017, 08:24:59 pm »

It is kind of true?

Not sure about now, but back when I used to live there it was sort of true.
Views on nudity was at least quite relaxed back then.
Depending the age of the children, parents were more worried about violence on TV than nudity.
(This of course depended on the religiosity of the parents.)

Or that's how I understood it, so I could be wrong to some degree.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123589 on: June 26, 2017, 09:10:33 pm »

Man I want to play Persona 4 again but I hit a point where I am about to have to do mass fusions which is dull and annoying.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #123590 on: June 26, 2017, 10:22:53 pm »

Was walking up to my car in the parking lot and I swear the van next to it emitted words as I approached in a robotic voice. I didnt understand any of it. There was nobody in the van or anywhere nearby using a keyfob or something, and no other obvious source of sound. So apparently motion/proximity activated speakers to freak people out are a thing.

Also, massive thunderstorm started as I was typing this and knocked out power in the community center. all is lost.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #123591 on: June 26, 2017, 10:41:17 pm »

The Ghost in the Van  :P
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123592 on: June 27, 2017, 02:01:51 am »

Today's WTF:

Apparently you can now own your own Pulowski preservation shelter-- Just not for nukes.

It's for Tornadoes instead.  Still, I wonder if it plays patriotic jingles, and gives product placements for slocum's joe.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123593 on: June 27, 2017, 05:51:17 am »

Was walking up to my car in the parking lot and I swear the van next to it emitted words as I approached in a robotic voice. I didnt understand any of it. There was nobody in the van or anywhere nearby using a keyfob or something, and no other obvious source of sound. So apparently motion/proximity activated speakers to freak people out are a thing.

THIS IS THE VIPER! STAND AWAY!

X - The Viper? Eric Blank is deterred.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #123594 on: June 27, 2017, 06:23:58 am »

Today's WTF:

Apparently you can now own your own Pulowski preservation shelter-- Just not for nukes.

It's for Tornadoes instead.  Still, I wonder if it plays patriotic jingles, and gives product placements for slocum's joe.

Cant help but wonder about what happens if someone farts
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123595 on: June 27, 2017, 06:47:09 am »

I am instantly reminded of that roadtrip my family went to not long ago.
One of my brothers let some air go from time to time on our way home. And he smirked every time he did. He knew very well what he was doing.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 06:49:18 am by Ultimuh »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #123596 on: June 27, 2017, 06:55:36 am »

I'm seeing a distinct lack of air supplies so I think that it's not sealed.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123597 on: June 27, 2017, 07:02:56 am »

Judging from their expressions, I'd say one of them already has.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #123598 on: June 27, 2017, 08:00:02 pm »

[Please do not quote]

I went from being unhireable to "o shit we better hire somebody like this ... whatever the hell this person is"

Nobody understands my job, not really. Some of the higher ups have realized the last person royally screwed up beyond comprehension. Oddly enough there's a power struggle for who controls me (which is amazing given nobody understands even the regs I'm working with). The rest are just pissed they're inconvenienced. It took years to create this problem and nobody is fixing it in a month, especially while doing 100 other things at the same time....

When my supervisor was explaining how he understood things being screwed up, he was shocked I was a.) "able to write so damn much," and b.) "not coming up for air somehow."

I've seen this shit before; it didn't go well. I demand a shovel to start digging this damn backlog burying us. Basically, I'm doing shit that should've been done years ago. Meanwhile, amazingly, I'm building the support of the everyday poor bastards who are stuck in this flaming shitstorm. Largely, because I treat everyone with respect and I'm not a jackass. I stepped onto a sinking ship and the smarter of the crew are so glad to see somebody start bailing water and patching holes that they don't know what to do with themselves.

Don't know if this will float or if it's too far gone to fix alone, but I'm going to give it a damn good shot.

[Please do not quote]
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123599 on: June 27, 2017, 08:06:20 pm »

edit: Redacted.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 08:14:15 pm by Ultimuh »
Pages: 1 ... 8238 8239 [8240] 8241 8242 ... 11037