Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8222 8223 [8224] 8225 8226 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14518943 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #123345 on: June 18, 2017, 02:24:34 am »

it turns out Yoink doesn't really exist. Where Yoink was originally standing, a picture of a Loudwhispers rests on the ground.
What did loudwhipsers do to deserve that
He descended to eldergodhood long ago.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #123346 on: June 18, 2017, 06:51:43 am »

For the record, I hate bullfighting by default. But I just heard that a bullfighter was recently  wounded by a bull, and, instead of rushing him to the hospital as he asked, they sedated him so that his screams didnt disturb the public and waited until the event was over. When he arrived at the hospital he was dead.

I mean wtf. Maybe he would have died anyway, but the fact that they settled into kayfabe makes everything far creepier. As if bullfighting wasn't a downright disgusting practice already. They should ban this medieval bullshit
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123347 on: June 18, 2017, 06:59:54 am »

edit: nvm, I'm being a little harsh at a fellow DF player maybe or maybe not getting the in-joke.
Oooh what did I miss!? D:

Anyways, I just had a whole train ride of WTF-ing, but there was also a WTF occurrence at the start of it- I was busting for number twos and didn't have time to go before my train left, so I had to do the unthinkable and use the toilet on the train. Initially the WTF involved was that the toilet in question was actually fairly decent, or at least nowhere near as filthy and awful as I had expected.
The second, less pleasant WTF was that when I flushed halfway through the poopcedure the toilet spat out a spray of water at the end of the flush. I got splashed, only very slightly, but that was still rather suboptimal. Not sure if the spray consisted of poop-water or clean water, but I carefully dabbed it off my jeans and boots with TP regardless.

That scene was swiftly pushed back out of my mind by the huge magnitude of the WTF I had to ponder already, though.
Much pondering was done on that trip. Train was fairly empty, too, which was nice- ideal conditions for such deep contemplation. The only thing hindering it was the remnants of my hangover and general fatigue, but oh well. I'm sure this WTF will stick around to be pondered for some time to come. Indeed, I have thought of little else for over a month already, and more WTF just keeps getting piled on.       
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123348 on: June 18, 2017, 07:25:25 am »

I am WTF today. That is all.
edit: nvm, I'm being a little harsh at a fellow DF player maybe or maybe not getting the in-joke.

Sorry it was a very obscure reference to something made of pure wtf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfdEdE96En0
http://cuiltheory.wikidot.com/what-is-cuil-theory

I picked LW purely at random as a forumite everyone would know.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 07:28:40 am by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #123349 on: June 18, 2017, 07:34:05 am »

For the record, I hate bullfighting by default. But I just heard that a bullfighter was recently  wounded by a bull, and, instead of rushing him to the hospital as he asked, they sedated him so that his screams didnt disturb the public and waited until the event was over. When he arrived at the hospital he was dead.

I mean wtf. Maybe he would have died anyway, but the fact that they settled into kayfabe makes everything far creepier. As if bullfighting wasn't a downright disgusting practice already. They should ban this medieval bullshit

I had to look up kayfabe to be sure it didn't mean something different than what I thought, and I'm not sure why you think letting a man die would be that.
Love, scriver~

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #123350 on: June 18, 2017, 07:46:29 am »

I seem to have lost access to about 70% of the internet. Bizarre.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123351 on: June 18, 2017, 08:16:07 am »

Is it http vs https? You can lose one or the other.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #123352 on: June 18, 2017, 08:25:38 am »

I had to look up kayfabe to be sure it didn't mean something different than what I thought, and I'm not sure why you think letting a man die would be that.
Kayfabe ="show must go on", right?
Because they sedated him and waited till the show was over (???) to bring him to the hospital, with a grisly outcome. Seems to me they placed the show over the man's life
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #123353 on: June 18, 2017, 08:40:52 am »

No, kayfabe means pretending that a staged show is real, according to the definitions I found.
Love, scriver~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123354 on: June 18, 2017, 08:42:42 am »

In that case, isn't this the exact opposite of kayfabe? Pretending the real stuff is staged?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #123355 on: June 18, 2017, 09:43:50 am »

the meaning I found means keeping in character. Its true because I read it on wikipedia

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123356 on: June 18, 2017, 09:54:07 am »

Oooh what did I miss!? D:       

Nothing big, just me assuming the guy either didn't play DF (he does, I went and checked if he had posts in the DF game area) or was pretty new to the game (doesn't seem like it). Turns out to not actually be a DF reference/joke, as per Reelya. It's more 'assumed wrong' than being harsh, though it did feel a bit condescending to someone who most likely does get the reference. It's primarily me assuming wrong and then backing off.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 09:59:53 am by smjjames »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123357 on: June 18, 2017, 11:32:23 am »

Went to the laundromat, put my clothes in the dryer, started it, and left to go shopping. I came back to discover that the dryer must have stopped at some point just after I left, as my clothes were still as wet as when I put them in.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123358 on: June 18, 2017, 11:51:09 am »

I seem to have lost access to about 70% of the internet. Bizarre.

Trying updating your browser, maybe? That's helped me with similar issues in the past.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #123359 on: June 18, 2017, 12:03:20 pm »

Nah, it's because something's damaged the line near my house. I know why my internet's being weird, it's just a bit odd when you access some sites and not others with little apparent rhyme or reason. For instance, B12 and Twitter were both fine, but Reddit and WolframAlpha were inaccessible.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 8222 8223 [8224] 8225 8226 ... 11037