Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8221 8222 [8223] 8224 8225 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14519027 times)

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #123330 on: June 17, 2017, 01:50:35 pm »

Y'know this may be considered the thread spiraling out of control as in off topic.But yeah it's non-terrible and that's good.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #123331 on: June 17, 2017, 01:56:50 pm »

No, no, I'm pretty sure platformers being entirely inclined towards being bloody bizarre, especially older ones, is entirely on topic.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #123332 on: June 17, 2017, 02:13:12 pm »

Rules of the WTF thread:

1. Don't be a dick.
2. ???
3. Profit
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123333 on: June 17, 2017, 02:18:28 pm »

Haha tempacc's a dick.

... that was what you were going for right?

A lot of people go for the phallus.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In less phallic news, I'm becoming more and more interested in carpentry and woodcrafting, of all things. As soon as I have the time for it, I think I'm going to start carving me some stuff, maybe making small, decorated boxes for my girlfriend and friends and whatnot.

I've no idea why I've suddenly had this craving to make things, but I'm ok with it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 02:22:14 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #123334 on: June 17, 2017, 02:37:26 pm »

Decorated box and tackle, TA. If you're going down that path during the conversation I apparently walked in to, there's only one choice of trinket.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123335 on: June 17, 2017, 02:52:48 pm »

The desire to create often strikes people. Its a good thing generally.

Reminds me of something I made when young, a functional Lego Guillotine.

Just don't make tables from people.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #123336 on: June 17, 2017, 03:00:59 pm »

And definitely don't make people from table.

Making people on a table is alright if you're in the kitchen or you don't have kids, though.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #123337 on: June 17, 2017, 03:03:44 pm »

Haha tempacc's a dick.

... that was what you were going for right?

A lot of people go for the phallus.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In less phallic news, I'm becoming more and more interested in carpentry and woodcrafting, of all things. As soon as I have the time for it, I think I'm going to start carving me some stuff, maybe making small, decorated boxes for my girlfriend and friends and whatnot.

I've no idea why I've suddenly had this craving to make things, but I'm ok with it.
Maybe it's related to morning wood?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123338 on: June 17, 2017, 03:13:19 pm »

In other less phallic but equally lewd news, I love xpirates's random name generator for the gals:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I remember I also once got Negro Bard, she died in a fight against a church matron ;~;7
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #123339 on: June 17, 2017, 03:38:12 pm »

Quote from: EnigmaHat
I'm sorry, when did expressing an opinion become oppression?

Uhh ... since like always. If you constantly shout at black people "n.... go home" would that  be "just expressing an opinion" or would it be oppression?

I'm sorry, but this seems fairly disingenous. What I'm talking about is the full range of social exclusion tactics, domination of the discussion etc. it amounts to bullying. And it's rife within the campus activist community. People who are/were strong supporters of the goals are talking about how toxic it has become. Enforcing groupthink through the full range of psychological abuse tactics. That's what it's evolved into.

It's no different to the Stanford Prison Experiment - people come up with all sorts of psychological abuse tactics to get what they want and take control of the situation. People who happen to join a mob who are doing it in the "name of social justice" aren't automatically excluded from the "lord of the flies" type bullshit that goes on. Mob mentality can be applied to literally anything, any cause, any rhetoric.

Boiling that down to "just expressing an opinion" is not a fair caricature of how social peer pressure works. You could justify just about any fucked up shit short of throwing punches as "just expressing an opinion".
It would be oppression, but it wouldn't be a free speech violation.  And its only oppression because of the larger context.  Although that's mainly a semantic argument.  I don't think that randomly shouting "unattached earlobes go home!" would be oppression but I also don't think it would be good behavior.

You have this weird idea that  ideas and identities are the same.  They're not.  First of all, the current definition of race is that you don't choose your race, and that seems unlikely to change in the short term.  Additionally tho, there's nothing about having black skin that is unacceptable behavior.  So even if being a race were just like changing your shirt, giving someone shit for wearing a black shirt is still a prick thing to do.  Compare to fascism.  You can decide to be a fascist or not whenever you want.  Furthermore taking pro-fascist action is always a choice.  Its also very easy to make arguments for why encouraging fascism is harmful.  So attacking fascists and attacking black people is wildly different.  Hell, attacking leftists and attacking black people is wildly different.  There's been hella insults and criticisim directed towards feminism on this forum, have I ever said its oppression?  Have I ever said it was a free speech violation against me?

Now, fascism isn't quite the same thing as racism.  And you could turn it around, and be like: but the left likes communism.  Why is making kill the rich jokes ok but deport the immigrant jokes not? Well, here's the beautiful thing: I have definitely heard leftists defend the USSR.  I have NEVER heard a leftist who takes shit for that respond with some bullshit like "its a free country I can say what I want".  They just defend the idea, they don't attack their opponent's right to criticize the idea.

You trying to draw equivalencies between people expressing ideas and people existing is rubbing me the wrong way.  But more to the point, even if that were true, even if "fuck fascists" and "n____ go home" were equivalent, it still doesn't work.  Because the anti-PC crowd (which you're part of) is the only one using "free speech" to defend themselves and attack others.  Leftists never said you can't say "n_____" because it takes black people's free speech away from them.  In fact many leftists would argue that you CAN say that word, you just SHOULDN'T say that word.  The law agrees with that view, although that conversation would be a big digression.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #123340 on: June 17, 2017, 03:51:40 pm »

The good old "Capitalism, sorting the smart from the poor"
I mean if those disenfranchised masses really wanted money they'd just go and make it, right?

More seriously though it's a bad thing for societies to be "nanny states"
I mean, probably.

That's what Greece did, right?
Greece can be mostly explained by the following analogy: A person has a ton of debts. They win the lottery. Instead of paying those debts, they buy an expensive car.
That's so reductionist I'm getting angry. Greece was pretty much goaded into the current situation. In part their politicians are to blame, but so is the EU as a whole, which played along, and the banking institutions that actually made all this shit happen and profitted from it.  Some people were several of these at once, funnily enough.
Sorry, I was kind of in a rush there. Yeah, it's deeper than that, but I'd rather not restart the discussion since it's died down.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123341 on: June 17, 2017, 10:30:45 pm »

I am WTF today. That is all.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123342 on: June 17, 2017, 10:36:54 pm »

it turns out Yoink doesn't really exist. Where Yoink was originally standing, a picture of a Loudwhispers rests on the ground.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #123343 on: June 17, 2017, 10:43:08 pm »

it turns out Yoink doesn't really exist. Where Yoink was originally standing, a picture of a Loudwhispers rests on the ground.

What did loudwhipsers do to deserve that
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123344 on: June 17, 2017, 10:55:53 pm »

edit: nvm, I'm being a little harsh at a fellow DF player maybe or maybe not getting the in-joke.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 11:05:58 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 8221 8222 [8223] 8224 8225 ... 11037