Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8204 8205 [8206] 8207 8208 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14515157 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #123075 on: June 12, 2017, 11:19:05 am »

We're in the middle of a heat wave right now.

I'm bundled up in my house with a sweater and a coat, because the landlady set the temperature to less than 10C, and I can't change it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #123076 on: June 12, 2017, 11:25:31 am »

Isn't that illegal? Check local laws and shit, man.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123077 on: June 12, 2017, 11:26:25 am »

We're in the middle of a heat wave right now.

I'm bundled up in my house with a sweater and a coat, because the landlady set the temperature to less than 10C, and I can't change it.

Wouldn't setting it that low be a total waste of money? Not to mention making the AC work harder than it needs to. Though if the landlady needs to set it to 50F or less so that it feels like 76F (24.4C) somewhere else, then there is something wrong with the AC system in your place.

Isn't that illegal? Check local laws and shit, man.

If not illegal, totally wasteful and possibly a sign that the AC system is badly broken.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #123078 on: June 12, 2017, 11:28:15 am »

I think it's just her way of telling you to chill out.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123079 on: June 12, 2017, 11:35:01 am »

It's probably warmer upstairs. Down here is always several degrees colder, so I doubt it's actually set to single-digits. She's not home, so it's not like I can complain right now.

I should be at work as well, but I've been told to stay home. Again. Despite my manager complaining about me never being at work.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #123080 on: June 12, 2017, 11:36:20 am »

I honestly didn't expect a masterpiece. I guess I've been spoiled on Marvel, but I wasn't even expecting a good Marvel entry, I just expected Captain America I.

I like humanity in my characters, and there was no point for Wonder Woman when she was remotely human. She was just superman with breasts.

Bah, I'll drop it here. I hate wasted potential.

I think the main thing is that, regardless of objective cinematic quality, it hit a very deep cord with pretty much every woman I know that saw it. They could nitpick the hell out of it, but they don't bother because most of them have been waiting for a movie like that their entire lives.

Doesn't matter if it was amazingly executed, it matters that it exists. I'm pretty sure a lot of the reviews are people trying to justify that feeling.

Personally, I thought it was a lot of fun and it exceeded my rather low expectations of a DC film.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123081 on: June 12, 2017, 11:37:45 am »

At least its easier to stay warm than cold. Also means you can cook food without overheating.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123082 on: June 12, 2017, 11:40:15 am »

It's probably warmer upstairs. Down here is always several degrees colder, so I doubt it's actually set to single-digits. She's not home, so it's not like I can complain right now.

I should be at work as well, but I've been told to stay home. Again. Despite my manager complaining about me never being at work.

How come you've been told you have to stay home? If I can ask.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123083 on: June 12, 2017, 11:42:08 am »

Not enough work for me to come in.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #123084 on: June 12, 2017, 12:02:24 pm »

If not illegal, totally wasteful and possibly a sign that the AC system is badly broken.
Sounds like someone left a window open in the room with the AC's temperature sensor
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123085 on: June 12, 2017, 12:40:52 pm »

It's about 90°F out, and I just took a 2.5 hour walk. I forgot to bring water.

I did think to purchase a not-cold bottle of Gatorade along the way, so at least I'm not dead. But heat exhaustion, yey.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #123086 on: June 12, 2017, 02:36:43 pm »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123087 on: June 12, 2017, 02:52:16 pm »

I gotta say, that looks a lot like the engine used for Cossacks 3, which was created as a modernized remake of the original Cossacks.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #123088 on: June 12, 2017, 03:53:22 pm »

This is nothing against you, DH, but oh where do I begin.
-snip-
Oh boy. I was going to say I'd love to read the Mad satire of that, but honestly it sounds like movies these days are just making things too easy for them. :P   
Dude, have you seen old movies? I think it's just that people in the past generally had bad taste.

EDIT: Also, I accidentally clicked the first page of the laugh thread and was confused for a moment about when LSP was unbanned.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #123089 on: June 12, 2017, 04:46:08 pm »

I honestly didn't expect a masterpiece. I guess I've been spoiled on Marvel, but I wasn't even expecting a good Marvel entry, I just expected Captain America I.

I like humanity in my characters, and there was no point for Wonder Woman when she was remotely human. She was just superman with breasts.

Bah, I'll drop it here. I hate wasted potential.

I think the main thing is that, regardless of objective cinematic quality, it hit a very deep cord with pretty much every woman I know that saw it. They could nitpick the hell out of it, but they don't bother because most of them have been waiting for a movie like that their entire lives.

Doesn't matter if it was amazingly executed, it matters that it exists. I'm pretty sure a lot of the reviews are people trying to justify that feeling.

Personally, I thought it was a lot of fun and it exceeded my rather low expectations of a DC film.

Which is fair enough, but it's important to recognize the difference between liking a movie for personal reasons vs. liking it because it's a good movie, at least as far as reviews go.

WW fell afoul of the biggest tripping point of DC: WW, Supes', &c. nature as Mary Sues when handled by bad writers. The really bad DC writers handle those effectively invincible characters like this, forcing them to job or act like OOC grimderps to create a transparently false tension. The sorta bad ones use shitty plot devices (Huzzah! Beige kryptonite!) to do end-runs around their invulnerability and maybe let someone else play a meaningful role in the story. The decent ones pit them against equally overpowered enemies so that the conflict isn't as much about them as it is about the people they're protecting.

The good ones write for the DC animated series. And every crappy DC film just further reminds us of how good those were. Easily the best portrayals of most of the DC lineup.

Note how Marvel doesn't have this issue. A very big chunk of that stems from all of their heroes and heroines being much closer to human, genuine people with varied strengths, weaknesses, and beliefs, rather than invulnerable moral paragons.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 8204 8205 [8206] 8207 8208 ... 11037