Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8202 8203 [8204] 8205 8206 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14514888 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #123045 on: June 11, 2017, 02:27:25 am »

Haha, IINL has no friends :P

Man, I kinda miss collecting Streetpass hits. There were hardly any games where they had worthwhile benefits apart from the actual streetpass games, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123046 on: June 11, 2017, 03:56:11 am »

Man I just realized how much a typical mission in Payday 2 (or 1, but I never seen it) would be considered a national disaster in the US.

I mean a small group of heavily armored criminals managed to mow down a hundred or MORE police and swat members...

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123047 on: June 11, 2017, 04:20:30 am »

Man I just realized how much a typical mission in Payday 2 (or 1, but I never seen it) would be considered a national disaster in the US.

I mean a small group of heavily armored criminals managed to mow down a hundred or MORE police and swat members...
((To be fair, the criminals are superhuman trolls and are nearly invulnerable to bullets, the cops are untrained in handling their weapons, including the swat, and said cops dont use cover. at all. and the criminals bullets are lethal near-instantly even if they only hit noncritical areas of the body.

so its morons vs superhumans.

What I WILL say though, is their response time is very impressive.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #123048 on: June 11, 2017, 05:07:28 am »

Ever get the impression that game developers will create an E3 demo for a game before they finish the game, and then cram the demo into the actual game?
Game devs making a demo during development and integrating it into the finished game has been a thing for basically ever. Not just an E3 thing, that's been common for games for most of computer (and console, for that matter) gaming's history. So yeah, of course they do. That's been normal for longer than some devs have been alive, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123049 on: June 11, 2017, 06:17:16 am »

Can somebody please tell me how you can recycle soap?

Due to crappy webcam image that wont focus-- I will elaborate on those symbols.

On the far left, it says it is certified hypoallergenic. Then there is the recycle symbol. Then it says "not tested on animals."

Clearly, they are talking about the SOAP here, not the box-- so, again-- how do you recycle soap?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123050 on: June 11, 2017, 06:19:37 am »

Ever get the impression that game developers will create an E3 demo for a game before they finish the game, and then cram the demo into the actual game?
Game devs making a demo during development and integrating it into the finished game has been a thing for basically ever. Not just an E3 thing, that's been common for games for most of computer (and console, for that matter) gaming's history. So yeah, of course they do. That's been normal for longer than some devs have been alive, heh.
Generally speaking, some of those demos are probably a proof-of-concept for the title before the full work starts. And it'd probably be a shame to just throw something like that in the trash, so why not use it?

Consider the Dollet Comms Tower cutscene from very early in Final Fantasy VIII. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty certain that was made just to test out their engine for making FMVs, since it was a largely unnecessary scene and the game probably would not be hurt if it wasn't there(maybe, it was a good scene). And even though it's literally just turning on the tower, it's one of the longer and most detailed FMVs in the game.
Can somebody please tell me how you can recycle soap?

Due to crappy webcam image that wont focus-- I will elaborate on those symbols.

On the far left, it says it is certified hypoallergenic. Then there is the recycle symbol. Then it says "not tested on animals."

Clearly, they are talking about the SOAP here, not the box-- so, again-- how do you recycle soap?

Are they talking about the soap? I could be the soap(or the box) was made from recycled materials, not that it's recyclable.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123051 on: June 11, 2017, 06:28:52 am »

Well, I suppose if they are talking about the box, it is good to know that I wont have an allergic reaction from touching it, and that they did not rub boxes all over poor little lab animals to verify that this is so, but that itself raises yet a different WTF-- namely, did they previously have incidents involving people having allergic reactions to their packaging?

And, if they are indeed talking about the soap, what materials can be recycled into soap? Something like frenchfry grease or something?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #123052 on: June 11, 2017, 06:45:36 am »

By washing the soap down in the sink, it recycles into the drinking water.
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #123053 on: June 11, 2017, 06:47:20 am »

You can make soap by recycling lab animals for their fat, and ashes. It'd be recycled soap that's not tested on lab animals.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123054 on: June 11, 2017, 06:54:52 am »

OOooooh!   That makes TOTAL sense!  Especially since the other fine print says "Designed in USA/Made in China."

I can totally see them rendering down the lab animals, sending the meat to the food industry, and turning the fat into recycled hotel soap. Makes perfect sense.

(apologies to anyone who lives in China, it's a joke)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #123055 on: June 11, 2017, 06:59:58 am »

Generally speaking, some of those demos are probably a proof-of-concept for the title before the full work starts. And it'd probably be a shame to just throw something like that in the trash, so why not use it?
Oh, sure. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying it was bad practice or whatever. If you have good assets there ain't much problem in using 'em, and in particular demo/trailer stuff being integrated into the main game is a nice bone toss to the more dedicated fans. Quite often hear folks playing through a game mention appreciation for seeing preview material once again and/or more fleshed out. Good hook, good follow through (assuming the quality is good, anyway, ha).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #123056 on: June 11, 2017, 08:32:18 am »

I remember that I bought Call of Duty II on the basis of its quite excellent little demo. They handed disks with it out in the shop, I seem to recall.

It was a very brief and compact level, but it was a pretty decent cross cut of the game and the gameplay as a whole, with a generous amount of set pieces. It all seems rather quaint today, but it was impressive for its time, or so I thought, at least.

"Tha' EmmGee fertytuu is a reel bugger, flank it from tha reeeight!"

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #123057 on: June 11, 2017, 12:14:36 pm »

I played the Call Of Duty II demo like few hundred times. To this day I remember the layout and even where the Germans spawn. My favourite was always when the soldier tries to kick down the door but gets mowed down by the MG42 from the inside.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123058 on: June 11, 2017, 03:18:11 pm »

I vaguely remember that demo. You play as the Brits and start in a troop carrier attacking some N. African city, right? I'm pretty sure that was one CoD2 demo, at least. We ended up getting a new computer when our old one couldn't run it properly.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #123059 on: June 11, 2017, 04:55:57 pm »

I've always wondered what would happen if someone put up a FtP demo with a $20 "buy the game" DLC.  I'm not sure Steam's interface would support that, on the other hand Steam demos are tucked away in a non-obvious part of the store from what I remember.  You'd probably get a lot of "its not FtP false advertising !!!1" reviews even if you explained it in the product description.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 8202 8203 [8204] 8205 8206 ... 11037