Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8200 8201 [8202] 8203 8204 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14514644 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #123015 on: June 09, 2017, 07:02:32 pm »

Black lives matter.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #123017 on: June 09, 2017, 10:29:50 pm »

Oh god, I am having a baby in a few days, and that is just. So true.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #123018 on: June 09, 2017, 10:38:03 pm »

Congrats!

Welcome to the club.

Your complementary Jean shorts should arrive shortly.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #123019 on: June 09, 2017, 10:39:33 pm »

Yes. Look on those genes and weep.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123020 on: June 09, 2017, 11:40:57 pm »

You're pregnant?
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123021 on: June 09, 2017, 11:46:19 pm »

He will have a child, and it will be a baby :P
Congrats and good luck!

Edit:  One nice thing about living in a fairly urban area is not having to hear that awful ringing noise of silence (or crickets, seasonally).
Turns out that hearing it out of *one* ear is particularly annoying.  It's not all the way deaf, but apparently deaf enough that the hum of the living city doesn't reach through.  Also the wind and rain stopped today.  This sinus thing better heal up soon.

Time to play Youtube LPs and shit literally just for the background noise, instead of... practically that.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 12:16:12 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123022 on: June 10, 2017, 01:40:23 am »

Oh man, deafness sucks. I mean, it's a nuisance in general, but lately I've been having issues with being deafer than usual.
Seems to have cleared up now as far as I can tell, but for a while there it was causing me constant irritation. I should get the wax drained from my ears sometime soon and see just how much that improves things.   

Also, crickets? Pfft, that's a comparatively nice noise. Try living in the bush and having to put up with cicadas... *shudder*   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123023 on: June 10, 2017, 01:51:30 am »

Oho, we did get cicadas in my East-south-eastern US hometown.  On 3... maaybe 4 occasions that I actually remember.  I was told that sometimes the cycles would coincide, and two broods would hatch in the same year.  I think that happened once.  I honestly couldn't tell the difference, because the brain tamps down the sound.  But unlike crickets, they're too loud to ever quite ignore.

Jeez I hate my hometown.  It's also the best and I miss it.  Not the cicadas though.

They were so *big* for insects.  The husks were kinda fun to play around with, not even joking, like disposable action figures.  Heh, seems like some Homestuck thing.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #123024 on: June 10, 2017, 02:44:43 am »

A Thai man was very relieved to only get sentenced to 30 years imprisonment for criticizing the royal family. The prosecutor had demanded 70 years.

So, if you go to Thailand on vacation, don't. Just don't say anything bad about, or even make a joke about monarchy, or it could turn out to be a very long holiday indeed.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123025 on: June 10, 2017, 02:54:30 am »

A Thai man was very relieved to only get sentenced to 30 years imprisonment for criticizing the royal family. The prosecutor had demanded 70 years.

So, if you go to Thailand on vacation, don't. Just don't say anything bad about, or even make a joke about monarchy, or it could turn out to be a very long holiday indeed.

This is why we need to ban freedom of speech. So we don't have people criticizing our leaders.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #123026 on: June 10, 2017, 02:56:24 am »

Why you gotta speak ill of cicada song? It's one of the most relaxing ambient noises I can think of. I don't know why everyone hates it so much, you'd think we as a species would be put more ill at ease by nature being silent than noisy.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123027 on: June 10, 2017, 03:15:50 am »

This is why we need to ban freedom of speech. So we don't have people criticizing our leaders.

Banning free speech is a dumb idea for stupid ugly people like royalty.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #123028 on: June 10, 2017, 09:01:37 am »

Banning free speech is a dumb idea for stupid ugly people like royalty.

A dumb idea because of stupid ugly people like royalty? Or a dumb idea that stupid ugly people like royalty would suggest/implement?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #123029 on: June 10, 2017, 11:02:02 am »

While walking, I choked on air and had a horrific minute-long coughing/retching fit for no reason. Why me
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 8200 8201 [8202] 8203 8204 ... 11037