Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8197 8198 [8199] 8200 8201 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14514329 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #122970 on: June 08, 2017, 12:45:57 pm »

It's all in the packaging my good fellow. That sweet gougeable customer packaging.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122971 on: June 08, 2017, 03:57:18 pm »

I wonder if I should offer my services of negativity. You insert media here, and output I give it overwhelming negativity.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #122972 on: June 08, 2017, 03:59:35 pm »

> insert potato farming manual
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #122973 on: June 08, 2017, 04:02:29 pm »

I wonder if I should offer my services of negativity. You insert media here, and output I give it overwhelming negativity.

We just need to get you and Tiruin in the same room, but separated by a thin layer of media. It would be the ultimate social battery
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122974 on: June 08, 2017, 04:48:01 pm »

RE:TPP: I haven't really gotten to the point of requiring every new Diamond Dog to be S+, so the bulk of my forces are B-A. They get sent on combat deployments, so they can die a hero's death. Because seriously, how the hell do I take massive casualties from a Plant Gathering mission that appears to happen on Mother Base? ...If they're gathering from the Conservation Platform, I can see that, what with the bears and wolves and wild ass I've got on there.

Also, the rank of volunteers is supposed to be some measure based on your current Heroism and the average quality of all your men.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #122975 on: June 08, 2017, 04:49:19 pm »

Don't have any interest in actually looking, but there's pretty certainly a number of youtube critters that run with that kind of thing, probably at least one or two that make either a living or a decent supplementary income. If you're looking to provide a service there's a market to exploit.
Ask not!
Ask!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122976 on: June 08, 2017, 04:53:03 pm »

*cough* Yahtzee *cough*
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122977 on: June 08, 2017, 05:03:13 pm »

Somebody on the WesternDigital communities page wanted ffmpeg compiled to run on a consumer grade NAS. (One that is beyond crippled, software wise.)

I can see why they would want it (they want to decode a network IP based camera stream directly on the NAS hardware, and shit the resulting capture straight to the disk.) but on the other hand-- WTF---  the MyCloud NAS hardware lacks any form of hardware frame decoding acceleration.  This is going to melt the poor thing I think.

Oh well... I am building a statically compiled version of ffmpeg with libx264 support for the beast right now. (The crippled software on the thing precludes using proper library calls, so programs you intend to use on it from the outside world need to carry their baggage with them-- hence statically compiled binaries.) I know I will regret giving it to the guy, but hey... I warned him.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122978 on: June 08, 2017, 05:19:31 pm »

wanted ffmpreg compiled
I misread this...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #122979 on: June 08, 2017, 05:20:54 pm »

Not everything is a butt that needs to be touched, Descan.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122980 on: June 08, 2017, 05:24:33 pm »

I dunno.. He wants to decode and write h264 streams on weaksauce ARM processor, with no hardware acceleration. This could certainly get his NAS very hot and bothered. :P

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #122981 on: June 08, 2017, 05:28:39 pm »

not sure you'd want to touch an was that hot, though
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #122982 on: June 08, 2017, 05:38:25 pm »

._.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122983 on: June 08, 2017, 05:42:36 pm »

You kids read way too much erotica, if the first thing that comes to mind is FFM Preg.

Just saying.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #122984 on: June 08, 2017, 06:08:00 pm »

Honey, that ain't FFM Preg, that's FF MPreg. Very different.

... and yeah, desc or serg wasn't the only one. also it's not necessarily a case of reading too much erotica. If you're not into that particular sort of thing, you develop defense responses to certain acronyms.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 06:10:26 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 8197 8198 [8199] 8200 8201 ... 11037