Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8182 8183 [8184] 8185 8186 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14509187 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #122745 on: June 03, 2017, 11:25:30 am »

I have that game in a normal case. It's funny, 'cause I never played it as a kid but I remember seeing an ad for it in a magazine and being wowed by its edgy violent-ness... and then years later as an adult I spotted a secondhand copy and snapped it up.   
There are still so many of those games I need to play, or play the non-demo version of... that was a great time for videogames, really.
So much weird and wonderful shit to be seen on the old demo discs that used to be included with Playstation magazines. Even the menus on the individual discs were unique and cool. I still have a bunch of those in a folder at my mother's house. *nostalgia*   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #122746 on: June 03, 2017, 02:38:52 pm »

I was never a PS1 fan, but my second-favorite game of that era is Metal Gear Solid. It's the slickest, most seamless PS1 game I've ever played, and the presentation and production values still amaze me to this day. Even as a small child that couldn't sit still long enough to appreciate the game itself, I loved watching the optional briefings videos (complete with functional VCR controls!) and reading the summaries of the MSX games, as well as the thick, detailed manual.

One thing I admire about PS1 games is that they weren't afraid to push the envelope. N64 games were more fun and aged better IMHO, but they were pretty similar from the beginning to the end of the N64's lifespan. PS1 had all the innovative genre (re-)defining hits like Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy VII.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122747 on: June 03, 2017, 04:42:44 pm »

If I remember correctly, that's due to the hardware limits between the two. A CD holds roughly 700MB, while the largest size of an N64 cart image I recall seeing is the 64MB taken up by Conker's Bad Fur Day - most are far, far smaller. 16MB seems to be the most common. Conker's Bad Fur Day is also notable because it's pretty much the only N64 game that has as much high-quality(in terms of data, not acting quality) voice acting on it. Sound data, especially voice recordings, tend to take up a lot of space.

Another thing to take into account is how both consoles loaded data. Cartridge systems load the entire image into memory upon start. PS1 streams the data off the first track of the CD, often putting all the game's music on subsequent tracks, often formatted so that you can pop the game CD into a CD player and listen to it. The first method allows near-instant loading times, but limits the content of the game to the capacity of the cartridge or memory limit of the console.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122748 on: June 03, 2017, 04:51:13 pm »

But Banjo Kazooie never had stop-n-swap while PS1's Grand Theft Auto totally did.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122749 on: June 03, 2017, 09:32:04 pm »

I'm watching the MLB Free Game of the Night™. The problem is, the official MLB.tv™ stream lagged and choked and buffered constantly. The "Not as up and up" stream that I usually watch (because my team is 2000+ miles away and not shown in my market) is up and running in 480p no problem. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Note: I assume it's because the official stream is being given the Hug of Death and the semi-"arr" stream is not.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122750 on: June 03, 2017, 09:36:43 pm »

The cat seems to be in heat again. How often is this supposed to happen!?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122751 on: June 03, 2017, 09:38:50 pm »

i assume once per cycle.  Luna baby
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122752 on: June 03, 2017, 09:39:08 pm »

Often. My folks had a cat when I was a kid that seemed to go into heat three or four times a month. Spay and neuter your pets and help control the pet population (and your sanity), folks.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122753 on: June 03, 2017, 09:42:26 pm »

The cat seems to be in heat again. How often is this supposed to happen!?   

Cats go into heat for 1-7 days straight (or up to 14 days if you are particularly unlucky)... With 1-3 week down period (After which the cat will immediately go into heat again)

After the second period of heat you will have 30-40 days of no cat in heat.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122754 on: June 03, 2017, 11:16:18 pm »

I found out that Miku Hatsune has a vevo...
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122755 on: June 04, 2017, 05:19:07 am »

That's not surprising. In Japan they have massive concerts of a hologram of Miku. They get pretty packed. She's pretty popular.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122756 on: June 04, 2017, 05:29:56 am »

In Japan they have massive concerts of a hologram of Miku.
Holographically projected artists. Only in Japan (and in Final Fantasy). Man, I really need to go there for holidays once in my life just for the awesome culture shock.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122757 on: June 04, 2017, 05:46:09 am »

In Japan they have massive concerts of a hologram of Miku.
Holographically projected artists. Only in Japan (and in Final Fantasy). Man, I really need to go there for holidays once in my life just for the awesome culture shock.

Gorillaz does that for some of their concerts.The band members are projected onto large screens on stage.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122758 on: June 04, 2017, 06:19:36 am »

Didn't Freddie Mercury do one a while back? :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #122759 on: June 04, 2017, 07:48:13 am »

Blame Millennials for being financially irresponsible, and wasting money eating out.

Blame Millennials for not eating out and killing casual dining. How dare they not buy what their parents wanted.

Yes, that's right folks, "learn" everything on google and youtube, but wonder why things don't work?
Just had a family friend try that with his plumbing.... Didn't work well...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 08:10:35 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 8182 8183 [8184] 8185 8186 ... 11037