Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8087 8088 [8089] 8090 8091 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14438419 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #121320 on: April 26, 2017, 01:00:10 am »

I shall continue my journey... but not today. Cause it's 2AM, and I have a test tomorrow. Fair thee well!
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #121321 on: April 26, 2017, 01:55:19 am »

Today's WTF people still apparently believe that drinking soda actually makes you thirstier and that you will die if you drink nothing but it for more than a couple days.

When I mentioned that I exclusively drink soda and really only drink water when I'm out of soda (exceedingly rare, I always buy at least one more carton when I only have one left) and that I'm not dead yet, they told me that I can't talk because I'm not a scientist.   Wat.

So I am a living example of that being a complete myth and being absolutely untrue, but I'm not a scientist so I don't count.  What the fuck.

P.S. Yes I am completely aware that replacing water with Dr Pepper is not healthy.  Caffine addiction is NOT a myth.

No... but sweetened drinks do increase the risk of dementia and stroke long-term. Among other things. Its not exactly healthy

https://youtu.be/QC3FzxA6egQ
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #121322 on: April 26, 2017, 02:16:16 am »

What the heck is this.
Two things. First, that site... duuude.

Second of all, I noticed there was a parody tag. One of the first results for that parody tag was this:http://safebooru.donmai.us/posts/2702691
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121323 on: April 26, 2017, 04:35:27 am »

What the heck is this.

Reisen brainwashing Youmu, via the former's power of insanity, to play catch with food? I haven't played Imperishable Night, so I don't know if it's normal for Reisen to humiliate a prior Stage 5 boss like this.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #121324 on: April 26, 2017, 08:47:09 am »

Judging from the tags, it's actually a reference to an anime or something.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #121325 on: April 26, 2017, 10:02:15 am »

I'm no *enthusiast*, but my brother is, and he gradually was able to show me there's a lot of good stuff there.
In places.  Even "gangster" raps, when they attack social issues rather than glorify them... 

Anyway I still love this song whenever I code.  Or design something particularly complicated in modded Minecraft https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBQracyvSk0

The whole album is great, but this one was of the singles that got through to me...

You're the second person in my entire life that knows about Del besides me. Have a voucher for five Cool Guy Points.

What did you think of Event 2?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121326 on: April 26, 2017, 11:23:17 am »

Holy shit WTF it's eight friggin' degrees.
No wonder I woke up due to being cold. I'm gonna have to get myself some new thermals sometime soon for sure... x_x   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #121327 on: April 26, 2017, 11:51:41 am »

No wonder I woke up due to being cold. I'm gonna have to get myself some new thermals sometime soon for sure... x_x   

Celsius, or... ?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #121328 on: April 26, 2017, 11:54:22 am »

Celsius, or... ?

Kelvin, definitely Kelvin.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #121329 on: April 26, 2017, 12:55:38 pm »

I don't think he'd be waking up in that case.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121330 on: April 26, 2017, 01:20:24 pm »

• My work must be approved before I make it live.
  • My work keeps getting rejected because I haven't verified to my bosses standards
  • My boss won't tell me his standards of verification, because he isn't sure what they are.
  • Any time I make a proposal for how to verify my work, my emails are ignored.

I wonder how long until they figure out they are paying me to do no work.   :-\
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121331 on: April 26, 2017, 01:44:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Why the flying fuck are these the only earbud design to exist anymore.  They don't fit, they don't work.  They seal up my head so it feels like a balloon.  They don't stay in place, after a minute they totally fall out of my head so my listening or whatever I'm doing is continuously distracted by reinserting the worthless earbuds.

What corporate executive, who is probably so ancient he still uses a skipping walkman and massive earmuff headphones, though this was ever superior to the flat, tiny speaker buds we had literally about 8 years ago.  Just all of the sudden no one makes such a basic, actually functioning earbud.  Why should my earbuds have these stupid, uncomfortable rubber condoms on them?  Why should I literally have to insert them into my ear like a rectal thermometer?  They don't sound better, they don't feel better.  This innovation, if one even has the basic decentcy to recognize this as any remote form of human progress, is complete bullshit.

May as well just carry speakers everywhere.  Sure, my sounds would not be personal, but at least a fucking speaker has the basic ability to stay where I put it without constant supervision.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #121332 on: April 26, 2017, 01:48:16 pm »

It's funny, but I've never had problems with them falling out until my current pair. I think it's  because the earbud is too soft so it kinda easily deforms and falls out. That said, compared to some of the flat stuff they're pretty nice since they conform to the size of the ear canal for the most part (or you can switch trough several sizes of earbud), compared to the rigid ones which would break your ear if they were just a bit too large making any prolonged listening painful.

I'd like to try out those newfangled bone conduction ones tho, they seem really cool and it seems they work pretty well as well.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121333 on: April 26, 2017, 01:48:50 pm »

Well, apple has these:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So there's at least some variety. I don't know if that's gonna make you feel any better though.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #121334 on: April 26, 2017, 01:49:33 pm »

• My work must be approved before I make it live.
  • My work keeps getting rejected because I haven't verified to my bosses standards
  • My boss won't tell me his standards of verification, because he isn't sure what they are.
  • Any time I make a proposal for how to verify my work, my emails are ignored.

I wonder how long until they figure out they are paying me to do no work.   :-\

Keep them distracted, look like you're staying busy. Get paid anyway.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 8087 8088 [8089] 8090 8091 ... 11040