Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8086 8087 [8088] 8089 8090 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14438889 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #121305 on: April 25, 2017, 06:05:26 pm »

MORE

...the fact that the way I played the mod in order to set up the Kingdom means war is essentially on a hair trigger?  Due to the dominant culture being stated by the mod author germanic influenced, I'll probably be having the dominant culture be somewhat based on World War I Germany?

I'll send the link to anyone who messages me wanting it.  As I said, I'm fairly sure it won't break rule 6 of the forum guidelines, but since I'm not one hundred percent certain, I don't want to risk posting it in a thread.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121306 on: April 25, 2017, 07:31:24 pm »

Today's WTF people still apparently believe that drinking soda actually makes you thirstier and that you will die if you drink nothing but it for more than a couple days.

When I mentioned that I exclusively drink soda and really only drink water when I'm out of soda (exceedingly rare, I always buy at least one more carton when I only have one left) and that I'm not dead yet, they told me that I can't talk because I'm not a scientist.   Wat.

So I am a living example of that being a complete myth and being absolutely untrue, but I'm not a scientist so I don't count.  What the fuck.

P.S. Yes I am completely aware that replacing water with Dr Pepper is not healthy.  Caffine addiction is NOT a myth.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121307 on: April 25, 2017, 07:37:17 pm »

Today's WTF people still apparently believe that drinking soda actually makes you thirstier and that you will die if you drink nothing but it for more than a couple days.

When I mentioned that I exclusively drink soda and really only drink water when I'm out of soda (exceedingly rare, I always buy at least one more carton when I only have one left) and that I'm not dead yet, they told me that I can't talk because I'm not a scientist.   Wat.

So I am a living example of that being a complete myth and being absolutely untrue, but I'm not a scientist so I don't count.  What the fuck.

P.S. Yes I am completely aware that replacing water with Dr Pepper is not healthy.  Caffine addiction is NOT a myth.
do you have any teeth left?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121308 on: April 25, 2017, 07:43:26 pm »

Yes, though 2 need a root canal and one is crowned.  Though that's more from not speaking to a dentist in over a decade (that is of course, before I went and got checked and got the crown.) than anything else.

Hell I still have all my wisdom teeth.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121309 on: April 25, 2017, 07:49:22 pm »

My mother was opposed to soda as I grew up, so over time I got the impression that sugar causes thirst like salt water.
Not exactly true, though actually true to a certain degree for me.

I do love sweet things, but only occasionally.  And I can't really help myself when they're around, so I tend to not buy any.  A cowardly kind of moderation.

I do often partake of diet soda and herbal tea, though.  Mmhm.

Fakedit:  Well, my wisdom teeth had to be removed.  And so it goes~
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #121310 on: April 25, 2017, 08:28:57 pm »

Well, caffeine is a diuretic, soo... Technically, you need more fluids if you drink caffeinated things since you're losing fluids faster, but it's not exactly an impossible hit to take. You just have to drink a lot more.

It is a surprisingly amount of additional drinking that you do when you're on caffeine. I remember being shocked at how few times I was urinated per diem after swapping to water and herbal tea only.

The fatality thing is a total myth. There was a time when I probably went 6-8 months without so much as a drink of a water.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121311 on: April 25, 2017, 08:32:19 pm »

Well even though you pee more when drinking coffee you do hydrate more liquids than you lose. (Wow, that was... not proper grammar/English... But hopefully someone will get a kick out of me saying that)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #121312 on: April 25, 2017, 09:29:21 pm »

Well yeah, the main constituent of a cup of coffee is water. Much like the main constituent of soda is water.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #121313 on: April 25, 2017, 10:41:14 pm »

What the heck is this.

Incidentally, I pretty much only drink water and sometimes fruit juice.

And milk in the mornings.

Things like soda are more of a thing I specifically have to reach into the refrigerator and think "Ok, I'll get a soda" rather than something I pick up without thinking.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #121314 on: April 25, 2017, 11:12:30 pm »

What the heck is this.

Incidentally, I pretty much only drink water and sometimes fruit juice.

And milk in the mornings.

Things like soda are more of a thing I specifically have to reach into the refrigerator and think "Ok, I'll get a soda" rather than something I pick up without thinking.
this

On another topic, is anyone else here a self proclaimed hip hop enthusiast? I haven't listened in a long time, but it's almost obligatory to listen to this song when you're studying math, and with finals coming up i've actualy had to study for the first time in a while. I've been getting back into it from there, but anybody know what the good stuff is these days?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121315 on: April 25, 2017, 11:24:12 pm »

I'm no *enthusiast*, but my brother is, and he gradually was able to show me there's a lot of good stuff there.
In places.  Even "gangster" raps, when they attack social issues rather than glorify them... 

Anyway I still love this song whenever I code.  Or design something particularly complicated in modded Minecraft https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBQracyvSk0

The whole album is great, but this one was of the singles that got through to me...
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #121316 on: April 25, 2017, 11:36:16 pm »

Wait a second, is he the guy that did Clint eastwood in the Gorillaz?

I definitely recognize that voice.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121317 on: April 25, 2017, 11:44:23 pm »

Haha, good catch!  HIGH FIVE!
Yes, he's Deltron of Clint Eastwood!

That's a pretty old reference, I wasn't even going for, so that feels really good (:

WTF wise, then, have a SWING VERSION https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVwqSlTFQq0
She/they

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #121318 on: April 26, 2017, 12:34:32 am »

*Virtual High Five!*

That was amazing! I just spent like 10min playing that and the original back to back. Very talented people.

A few dozen clicks down the rabbit hole from that video landed me at another WTF, so... enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbQgXeY_zi4

I'm not sure what to make of it...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121319 on: April 26, 2017, 12:46:38 am »

That's... hrm.  Basically the epitome of modern "oh wait, swing is awesome".  And it is a REALLY GOOD song, and maybe even better music video!  But swing is more than that - there are swing versions over everything, and I hope you keep going!

Glad you liked the Swing-ified Deltron though!
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 8086 8087 [8088] 8089 8090 ... 11040