Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8052 8053 [8054] 8055 8056 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14548612 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #120795 on: April 13, 2017, 06:35:13 pm »

You and yer hard to pronounce things.   Like Fjords.  How does one even make a fj sound.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #120796 on: April 13, 2017, 06:36:58 pm »

Oh, dear, that one. There once was a rather dodgy night, from which the last thing I remember before vomiting thrice my body-weight, is plummeting backwards into a world of salmiak. Corrosive, burning, stinging blessed salmiak, spreading its arms to embrace yet another acolyte. When I think of liquid salmiak... Good God. Agony and ecstacy. It was entirely worth it.

Still. Stiff upper lip. I can drink anything and survive. Indeed, deep down, I believe I rather like it, or I would not have drunken it quite so greedily.

Salmiak is indeed a secret weapon. It is very much an acquired taste. For amusement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWBcupq7_aM

(I believe those sweets - the little salted salmiak apes - are available in Finland too, for reference. They are fairly tame. Imagine doing something similar with the sterner stuff.)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #120797 on: April 13, 2017, 06:46:01 pm »

You and yer hard to pronounce things.   Like Fjords.  How does one even make a fj sound.

That's easy. Start making an "F" sound, but switch to a "y" sound halfway through. Couldn't be simpler.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #120798 on: April 13, 2017, 07:04:08 pm »

"Fjord" is of Norse origin, not Finno-Ugric :v
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #120799 on: April 13, 2017, 07:05:58 pm »

That's easy. Start making an "F" sound, but switch to a "y" sound halfway through. Couldn't be simpler.
Indeed, just pretend that it is actually spelled "fyords" and you'll be right on track.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120800 on: April 13, 2017, 07:07:59 pm »

I'm an american, my ignorance is allowed due to being the ones who invented Resses cups.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #120801 on: April 13, 2017, 07:22:24 pm »

Förgrymmmade, fjompiga fjord-fjuniga fjantiga fjolla!

I'm an american, my ignorance is allowed due to being the ones who invented Resses cups.

An amusing story, the Finno-Urgic languages. It is spoken by the Finns, the Estonians and the Hungarians (oddly enough). Believe you me, I rather like it, but I simply cannot dechypher Finnish, and Hungarian is a hopeless struggle from the start.

An illustration of languages in Europe, starring balls:

Caution! Big Image!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120802 on: April 13, 2017, 08:33:54 pm »

Huh, apparently youtube is being hacked?  Bunch of titles and description are being changed on popular videos.  The culprits claim to be 'Testing the security' in all the descriptions.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120803 on: April 13, 2017, 08:39:51 pm »

I wonder if it's actual pen-testers.

Also, I broke a Mafia.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120804 on: April 13, 2017, 09:13:03 pm »

Well they are advertising their name on every page they replace, so probably not.  I'd think they'd keep that hush hush if it was google sanctioned.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120805 on: April 13, 2017, 09:15:08 pm »

Aye, that would be ungood.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120806 on: April 13, 2017, 10:43:20 pm »

Finnish is a pretty dope language if you ask me.
So many bizarre arrangements of nonsensical dots in its written form, but the spoken form sounds real nice.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120807 on: April 13, 2017, 11:02:48 pm »

Finnish hasn't actualy had a full written dictionary of words until rather recently, too. The finno-ugric language branch has always been very mysterious, to the point nobody can definitely point the actual origin for it. To this day, the language spoken in some parts of finland is still really hard to understand even for the finnish themselves, like in some parts of Savo, supposedly.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 11:07:12 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #120808 on: April 13, 2017, 11:25:01 pm »

The real mystery is how do they manage to produce so many hilarious memes, despite having to spend so much effort to not die from cold.
._.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120809 on: April 13, 2017, 11:30:20 pm »

Dont be silly. Finland (and Norway to an extent) are populated with nordic superhumans. Things like "the cold" are easily defeated with a suitable beverage for them. ;P

/joke
Pages: 1 ... 8052 8053 [8054] 8055 8056 ... 11038