Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8050 8051 [8052] 8053 8054 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14547859 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #120765 on: April 13, 2017, 02:26:05 am »

The US only allows second generation immigrants to hold office.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120766 on: April 13, 2017, 02:55:27 am »

The US believes strongly in "you get what you pay for."  That internally necessitates that the more you pay, the better the service.  Naturally, the power elite love it. (Nevermind what people SHOULD have been taught in civics class, which I hear they dont teach anymore.)
I recall all my classes there back when I was in HS or earlier; why is this? O_o

Might have something to do with this...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/circle-study-finds-most-s_n_1959522.html

Basically, it is not an educational priority, and goes by the wayside in favor of what is hip and trendy to mandate today, like common core math. (blech)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #120767 on: April 13, 2017, 03:21:01 am »

I've been crying a lot over random things lately. I teared up while watching a documentary about influenza in History class. I got a bit too passionate about a scholarship essay and burst into tears while writing it. Heard a nostalgic song and bam, tears.

Why am I so vulnerable lately?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120768 on: April 13, 2017, 03:29:49 am »

hormones?  Given that you are mentioning things like history class, there are 2 possible presumptions to take-- 1) Highschool, which is typically when the hormones turn on in serious force, or 2) college, where societal stresses can cause moodswings and other issues in young people.

I am going to go with hormones as the most likely culprit, therefor.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #120769 on: April 13, 2017, 10:27:22 am »

My house seems to have become infested with fleas. This is odd, because the dog's been gone for two weeks, and there weren't nearly this many fleas floating around when he was here. I don't want to gas the place (cleanup is such a pain in the neck), but it is going to take a long time to get rid of the things with normal cleaning. I'm going to have to put off getting that cat I was planning to adopt, because I certainly don't want fleas on my fluffy little killing machine.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #120770 on: April 13, 2017, 11:37:19 am »

Get a flea hunting cat?
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #120771 on: April 13, 2017, 11:45:58 am »

... man, I wish my memory was working better, or I paid better attention back in that hole in the wall hardware store or something. There's apparently a couple of non-gas options that work pretty well, I just can't remember what they were (and, being fair, I think one of them may have been mildly illegal). Might be worth it to poke around shops that carry stuff, see it they happen to have a recommendation or two. Do remember it might be worth spraying a line around the house with the regular stuff, too. Sometimes the things are coming in from outside more than they're managing an indoor infestation.

In personal wtf news, apparently richard strauss's Don Juan gives me a headache. Something about the damn thing sounds like it was inspired by like a half dozen or more major composers. Which translates into every handful of seconds there's another bit of music that sounds like it came from some other song, which gives the sound memory all kinds of metaphonical headaches. Sequential musical blue balls or something. It's a decent piece of music but bloody hell.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #120772 on: April 13, 2017, 12:52:39 pm »

... ... Sooo ... ...

I just had a fun chat with my 18 year old cousin, the evangelical catholic furry gal who draws surprisingly good nonsexual art for commission.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120773 on: April 13, 2017, 01:00:36 pm »

That's very...specific.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120774 on: April 13, 2017, 01:11:41 pm »

The demons will come for her in due time, dont worry.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #120775 on: April 13, 2017, 01:13:31 pm »

Its just a very interesting combination.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #120776 on: April 13, 2017, 02:37:13 pm »

The US believes strongly in "you get what you pay for."  That internally necessitates that the more you pay, the better the service.  Naturally, the power elite love it. (Nevermind what people SHOULD have been taught in civics class, which I hear they dont teach anymore.)
I recall all my classes there back when I was in HS or earlier; why is this? O_o

Might have something to do with this...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/circle-study-finds-most-s_n_1959522.html

Basically, it is not an educational priority, and goes by the wayside in favor of what is hip and trendy to mandate today, like common core math. (blech)

But what is civics class? What would one be expected to learn in such a class?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120777 on: April 13, 2017, 02:45:55 pm »

I can't answer for the US or anything, but Civics in Finland is stuff like how taxes and inheritances work, how the government works and why, that kind of stuff, from what I vaguely remember from junior high.

I always roll my eyes when people complain that they weren't taught how to pay their taxes or other useful 'adult skills' - when you're that age, you will not care about the stuff, and will not retain it. I don't remember more than a few scattered facts of the whole thing.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #120778 on: April 13, 2017, 03:07:27 pm »

I can't answer for the US or anything, but Civics in Finland is stuff like how taxes and inheritances work, how the government works and why, that kind of stuff, from what I vaguely remember from junior high.

I always roll my eyes when people complain that they weren't taught how to pay their taxes or other useful 'adult skills' - when you're that age, you will not care about the stuff, and will not retain it. I don't remember more than a few scattered facts of the whole thing.
Y-you're not American/European?!
I had always thought you were from there D: Because of how well you write and many other things! :-[ :-X

But what is civics class? What would one be expected to learn in such a class?
A ton about your government :P Politics, and basically how governing is with basic foundational roots. For example in the Philippines, our Civics classes (taught in the local language) focused on how our government was, +history, plus a lot of understanding citizenship and otherwise--focus onto the early 1900's and such, as an example.

Err, I'm unsure why scrapping that subject and prioritizing...core math, seems better?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #120779 on: April 13, 2017, 03:15:02 pm »

Because our educational departments are all a bunch of idiots. All of them. No matter the political, religious, or ideological orientation of the actual members of your school board. They're fucking retarded.

Schools never make sense.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 8050 8051 [8052] 8053 8054 ... 11038