Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8039 8040 [8041] 8042 8043 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14545150 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #120600 on: April 08, 2017, 09:11:24 am »

Someone insane decided to do this.
I don't get it.

Someone ranting about 3vs3 multiplayer vs 1v1 multiplayer and saying 1v1 is cooler than 3v3.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120601 on: April 08, 2017, 02:18:29 pm »

Got woken up to, "Help me catch this lizard!"

Went outside, and one of the cats is holding a skink in its mouth by the tail. Skink then escapes when its tail comes off and now we have a skink in a plastic bowl with a lid on it, holes punched in lid so it can breathe.

Now finding place to release it so it doesn't just get eaten by the same cat.

I am not awake yet.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120602 on: April 08, 2017, 02:40:59 pm »

Got woken up to, "Help me catch this lizard!"

Went outside, and one of the cats is holding a skink in its mouth by the tail. Skink then escapes when its tail comes off and now we have a skink in a plastic bowl with a lid on it, holes punched in lid so it can breathe.

Now finding place to release it so it doesn't just get eaten by the same cat.

I am not awake yet.

I wish my mornings functioned more like this.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120603 on: April 08, 2017, 02:50:49 pm »

Lizard tail, the sustainable cat treat.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #120604 on: April 08, 2017, 03:13:58 pm »

Well now, i just somehow caused the loudest scream i have ever heard. So here's the story: I'm at a reunion party at folk high school (including earlier years), and am heading back to my room because the noise is getting to me and my social batteries are exhausted. This is a room i've rented, and there are other people living there. So, i enter the door to the building, and find that the lights aren't working. Okay, no biggie. I go to the stairs (since my room is upstairs), and see the light of a smartphone held by someone going downstairs. Okay, i wait till this person has come down, it's pretty narrow. Girl (as in 20-some years old) comes down, looks to the side where i am, and SCREAMS in utter panic (her scream put most screamer pranks i've been subjected to to shame). Now, i know i look a bit sinister, but not THAT much. :v
Turns out she's rather afraid of the dark, and had been walking all the way from the top floor and down with only her smartphone light, building up quite some spoophorror suspense in the mean time, and then it all explodes when she sees me. I was surprised (and god DAMN that scream's still echoing in my brain), she was the most terrified person i've ever seen. I'm not entirely sure how to react when someone screams bloody murder upon seeing you, but i did my best to make sure she was okay. Poor girl. :P

also nevermind that i'm probably the worst possible (harmless) person to be scared shitless by because my awkward mannerisms and social ineptitude might come off as outright alien in such a situation
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #120605 on: April 08, 2017, 03:19:55 pm »

"IT IS OKAY FELLOW HUMAN BEING OF THE FEMININE PERSUASION, I AM A HUMAN BEING WHO DOES NOT INTEND TO CONSUME YOUR HUMAN FLESH, AS CANNIBALISM IS NOT CONSIDERED TO BE THE NORMS AMONGST HUMANS, THE SPECIES OF WHICH I AM A MEMBER OF."
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120606 on: April 08, 2017, 03:52:08 pm »

WE HUMANS ARE CERTAINLY VERY QUIRKY CREATURES, OH US.
DON'T WORRY FELLOW HUMAN SHOOK, YOUR SINISTER APPEARANCE DOES NOT SHOCK US.

YOU SHOULD JOIN US IN COMMON HUMAN MERRYMAKING.

IN THE DARK.

BRING SOME ONIONS AND CURRY POWDER.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120607 on: April 08, 2017, 06:03:22 pm »

GREETINGS FELLOW HUMAN MEAT.

YOUR EYE SACS ARE LUSCIOUS AND RIPE.

--

Addendum: I am 6'4" and walk very softly. I frequently have to apologize for accidentally Batmanning behind people, and I accidentally creep people out walking around my APT complex at night (I get home from work after dark)
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120608 on: April 08, 2017, 06:10:49 pm »

Well now, i just somehow caused the loudest scream i have ever heard. So here's the story: I'm at a reunion party at folk high school (including earlier years), and am heading back to my room because the noise is getting to me and my social batteries are exhausted. This is a room i've rented, and there are other people living there. So, i enter the door to the building, and find that the lights aren't working. Okay, no biggie. I go to the stairs (since my room is upstairs), and see the light of a smartphone held by someone going downstairs. Okay, i wait till this person has come down, it's pretty narrow. Girl (as in 20-some years old) comes down, looks to the side where i am, and SCREAMS in utter panic (her scream put most screamer pranks i've been subjected to to shame). Now, i know i look a bit sinister, but not THAT much. :v
Turns out she's rather afraid of the dark, and had been walking all the way from the top floor and down with only her smartphone light, building up quite some spoophorror suspense in the mean time, and then it all explodes when she sees me. I was surprised (and god DAMN that scream's still echoing in my brain), she was the most terrified person i've ever seen. I'm not entirely sure how to react when someone screams bloody murder upon seeing you, but i did my best to make sure she was okay. Poor girl. :P

also nevermind that i'm probably the worst possible (harmless) person to be scared shitless by because my awkward mannerisms and social ineptitude might come off as outright alien in such a situation
If you ever see her again, play her this song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtO687uyKVw
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #120609 on: April 08, 2017, 06:21:24 pm »

I have thought of the idea of a possible high-school reunion. It rather frightens me.

Time has passed beyond the point where it would be an amusing get-together. Once more than ten years have poured down under the bridge, a high-school reunion stops being a fun occasion between people that still vaguely know each other and once had a common interest, and becomes a gathering of complete strangers, who once long ago in a different world, went to the same class together. Of course, my negative stance betrays that I did not have a particularly wonderful time in high-school. I believe that if I were invited, and went, I would drink severely, feel absolutely crushed by the weight of the years and the unfulfilled expectation to preform and achieve, and stagger home rather early. Still, I must confess that I would in part like the opportunity. After all, who knows? There could be a cracking good conversation waiting in such a scenario.

Of course, part of it is that going through school is very much part of its own world and time. Once it is passed, it will never be the same. Relief or disappointment, there is a world beyond school, and once entered, nothing will be the same. The people of the class that left some ten, twenty years ago are all, effectively, dead. A reunion would be to confront and compare those past phantoms, and such things always carries more thought and weight than a chipper invitation card can bring across.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120610 on: April 08, 2017, 06:34:04 pm »

I have thought of the idea of a possible high-school reunion. It rather frightens me.

Time has passed beyond the point where it would be an amusing get-together. Once more than ten years have poured down under the bridge, a high-school reunion stops being a fun occasion between people that still vaguely know each other and once had a common interest, and becomes a gathering of complete strangers, who once long ago in a different world, went to the same class together. Of course, my negative stance betrays that I did not have a particularly wonderful time in high-school. I believe that if I were invited, and went, I would drink severely, feel absolutely crushed by the weight of the years and the unfulfilled expectation to preform and achieve, and stagger home rather early. Still, I must confess that I would in part like the opportunity. After all, who knows? There could be a cracking good conversation waiting in such a scenario.

Of course, part of it is that going through school is very much part of its own world and time. Once it is passed, it will never be the same. Relief or disappointment, there is a world beyond school, and once entered, nothing will be the same. The people of the class that left some ten, twenty years ago are all, effectively, dead. A reunion would be to confront and compare those past phantoms, and such things always carries more thought and weight than a chipper invitation card can bring across.

The idea of a high school reunion seems odd to me. Of course, I attended three different high schools and had almost no close friends (and actually none at my last school) and all of them are geographically far away from me and from each other. Odds are that whenever the first reunion occurs, I'll decide that no, I'm not going to travel thousands of miles to see people that I never got along with in the first place. If I wanted to talk to anyone, I'd still be in contact with them or I'd get in contact with them through the internet.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #120611 on: April 08, 2017, 06:41:48 pm »

Folk high school in Denmark is thankfully very much different from regular school (which we of course also have), and is generally considered to be a very nice experience overall. That, and we've only been separated for 4 months, so we haven't gotten to change completely yet. I rather enjoyed seeing my friends again. c:
That being said, if i received an invitation to a reunion with my class from public school, i most likely would not attend. Those guys are pretty much directly responsible for my social anxiety, and while i have forgiven most of them in my head, that doesn't necessarily mean that i want anything to do with them. Especially not the ones i haven't forgiven, by virtue of having displayed absolutely no redeeming qualities to me. I would be positively elated to see those people in jail.

Addendum: I am 6'4" and walk very softly. I frequently have to apologize for accidentally Batmanning behind people, and I accidentally creep people out walking around my APT complex at night (I get home from work after dark)
I'm also 6'4" and i DON'T walk softly (unless i have to be quiet). I'm surprised that she didn't hear me. :v

@martinuzz: That seems rather fitting. :U
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #120612 on: April 08, 2017, 06:48:02 pm »

There is that, as well. Half the class could be scattered all across the world. I can truly understand the appeal of it, despite all of its drawbacks. Nonetheless, if I were (for strange reasons of my own) arranging such a thing, and noticed that the old class was now posted from Reykjavik to Signapore, I would likely give up the idea.

Edit: Shook's post.

Oooh, one of those! That is rather different, indeed. I attended one of those, and it was a very different experience. It was terribly fun. Part of it is that it is very different. It is certainly an education facility for adults. The ages are mixed and the lessons and demands are different. It is a very different world.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120613 on: April 08, 2017, 06:48:50 pm »

I would be cool with any kind of school reunion.

I don't really owe my old friends a certain level of success, and therefore could care less if they don't think I've done enough.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120614 on: April 08, 2017, 07:42:42 pm »

I am kind of still friends with everybody I really liked in high (or, for that matter, middle) school, so a reunion would be sort of an empty event for me. Besides, I went to a, whatchamacallit, single-profile technical school, so I wouldn't even get that many surprises about my former classmates' career choices (80% of them are fundamental chem researchers or chem tech engineers). Perhaps it would be more interesting in a decade or so. But I dunno about that.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”
Pages: 1 ... 8039 8040 [8041] 8042 8043 ... 11037