Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8035 8036 [8037] 8038 8039 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14544156 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #120540 on: April 06, 2017, 06:12:26 pm »

Wha, talking falls under conversation >:U
Sure, sometimes it also involves various forms of questionable fraternization, but I'm not one of judge anyone's kinks or creative implementations of hitachi wands.

Anyway, I BELIEVE THIS RECORDED DEMONSTRATION OF MALE URINATION WAS ENTIRELY UNECESSARY FOR THIS KICKSTARTER VIDEO
spoilers
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #120541 on: April 06, 2017, 10:31:12 pm »

After looking at free-floating menu screens in virtual reality space for two hours, there is something really fucking weird about taking off the headset and trying to do work on your normal monitor.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120542 on: April 06, 2017, 11:20:38 pm »

After looking at free-floating menu screens in virtual reality space for two hours, there is something really fucking weird about taking off the headset and trying to do work on your normal monitor.
the fact that this is apparently a thing you can WTF is both WTF and completely amazing.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #120543 on: April 06, 2017, 11:25:22 pm »

One day we will all have advertisements streamed directly to our personal hud while trying to access your personal settings
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #120544 on: April 06, 2017, 11:38:31 pm »

One day we will all have advertisements streamed directly to our personal hud while trying to access your personal settings

*trying to set the clock back for daylight savings*

"God damnit. Now i'm in a fucking wendy's."
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #120545 on: April 06, 2017, 11:45:44 pm »

I'm still not convinced that the killer app for augmented reality exists yet. A lot of the proposed workplace applications I've seen are already very well provided-for by existing devices and software, and it's currently too expensive to replace standard computing (especially since you need a pretty beefy normal computer anyway for the emerging AR devices like Hololens).

AR gaming is already pretty well-handled by VR, and geolocational smartphone games seem way more popular than overlaid content like what Hololens provides.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120546 on: April 07, 2017, 12:03:58 am »

When they can do equivalent things to opaque overlay--

Realtime text translation, with proper angle and shading of the overlay.  EG-- can look at the street sign in arabic, and it looks like it is in english, because it totally replaces the content of the sign with the translation, and keeps view angle in registration.

Another potential killer app is in medicine. There exist very sensitive cameras that can actually detect the pulse of a human, by measuring the color intensity variation of the skin, then enhancing it with an algorithm.
http://www.wired.co.uk/article/mit-algorithm

Adding this to augmented reality would give doctors "vampire vision", allowing them to see if extremities are getting bloodflow, if the person has a pulse without having to measure one manually, etc. This is useful for determining if a patient has a blood clot, or other obstruction to blood flow, which would be very useful as a quick diagnostic tool. (Currently, a doctor has to use a doppler sonar to look for a thrombus (clot), and has to rely on other indicators that one is present, such as localized cyanosis (purple/blueness). Doctors could detect smaller clots more quickly with such a tool.)

So YES, I would say there are already some potential killer apps out there. Just not for ordinary people, aside from automatic sign translations, which several companies are already working on.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #120547 on: April 07, 2017, 07:00:40 am »

have you ever had an urge to flex like Jack from Tekken, even grunting like him?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #120548 on: April 07, 2017, 11:44:14 am »

have you ever had an urge to flex like Jack from Tekken, even grunting like him?

I never stop having such feelings.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120549 on: April 07, 2017, 12:10:33 pm »

I never stop having such feelings.
HEUH
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120550 on: April 07, 2017, 12:14:09 pm »

no.

haaaugh, huck huck huck
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120551 on: April 07, 2017, 12:36:18 pm »

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120552 on: April 07, 2017, 12:52:29 pm »

That game mortified me on many, many levels.
PKs DF Mod!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120553 on: April 07, 2017, 01:23:36 pm »

XCOM always needs recruits, especially psionics.
Here's a stick, over there is an alien. Have fun and maybe next time we actually give you a gun!
This is really late but clearly you don't care for your soldiers much.

You gotta give them a medkit too. So that your real soldiers only need to find the nearest corpse to have access to life saving medicine.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #120554 on: April 07, 2017, 01:27:14 pm »

You kids. Back in my day we forced the rooks to do the Grenade Relay, and we liked it that way!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 8035 8036 [8037] 8038 8039 ... 11037