Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8017 8018 [8019] 8020 8021 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14529413 times)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #120270 on: April 04, 2017, 03:37:13 am »

Making a bowl of cereal I managed to spill milk four times, then when I sat down at my computer I knocked over a CD, then I managed to choke on my cereal. This is my life. This is what it is like to be clumsy.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #120271 on: April 04, 2017, 03:46:08 am »

Well, at least you're not a Weaponsmith.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120272 on: April 04, 2017, 04:25:08 am »

Not as bad as Steelmagic's, but while preparing my coffee and oatmeal for breakfast, I ended up pouring the oatmeal into my coffee mug instead of the bowl.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #120273 on: April 04, 2017, 04:28:02 am »

I often flavour my morning coffee with sourmilk instead of milk by mistake.
Love, scriver~

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #120274 on: April 04, 2017, 05:58:32 am »

Huh, is sour milk common in Sweden? I've never actually run into it before other than dikmelk/amasi here, which is how the Nguni folk prefer to consume it.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120275 on: April 04, 2017, 06:21:37 am »

I often flavour my morning coffee with sourmilk instead of milk by mistake.

Perhaps that's there fault if the packaging looks too similar

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120276 on: April 04, 2017, 06:26:09 am »

Is this sour milk similar to sour cream? Or is it "sour" as in "Dude, this is TOTALLY, WAAAAAY past expiration!" sour?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120277 on: April 04, 2017, 06:39:02 am »

Is this sour milk similar to sour cream? Or is it "sour" as in "Dude, this is TOTALLY, WAAAAAY past expiration!" sour?

Sour Milk is an actual food item.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soured_milk

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120278 on: April 04, 2017, 06:57:12 am »

Anyway, one thing about сука блять, no real Slav would use those words in that combination. сука when translated literally means bitch, but it's usage is more along the likes of fuck. блять is actually a very weak swear word and is the equivalent of saying damn. So when you say them together, you get "fuck damn!" and a very confused crowd as people try to figure out що в бані ти тілки що сказав.
Where do you get that from? I am definitely a real Slav, and I use it sometimes, and hear it used all the time, albeit as a prelude to more swearing. And I dare say that if my grandmother heard me use блять/блядь as a "weak swear word", in the line of чёрт or дерьмо, she would kick my ass so hard her great-grandchildren would feel it.
Maybe it's different for Ukrainians (assuming you're one by that bit at the end of your post, correct me if I'm wrong), but from a Russian standpoint there's nothing wrong with сука блять.

I would kinda treat it as an announcement or introductory construction to a longer tirade? Like, if you just say сука, with a sort of hiss at the start, that means you've witnessed something low or unsightly, like your roommate stealing your food from the fridge or something. If you say блять (really quickly), that means something unexpected happened - like stepping on a Lego, for example. And if you say сука блядь (yelling, basically), this means something has really gotten to you by being both shocking and low, like getting rear-ended by somebody else's car, and you now intend to get out of your own car with a baseball bat and smash their windows while spewing a continuous stream of invective.

Some scammer keeps calling my wife. I need harsh insults in Russian and other Slavic languages please. Pm them to me with phonetic pronunciations.
Anyway, if you still need insults, I'd be happy to help. I could maybe record some on Vocaroo, or find some dictionary that has recordings of words...
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #120279 on: April 04, 2017, 07:02:39 am »

Huh, is sour milk common in Sweden? I've never actually run into it before other than dikmelk/amasi here, which is how the Nguni folk prefer to consume it.

Yeah, it's very common here. But surely you have run into at least sour cream or yoghurt before? :P

As in sour cream, but I guess technically it is also the latter, except under controlled circumstances.

And regardless, it makes coffee very chunky in a similar manner.
Love, scriver~

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120280 on: April 04, 2017, 07:13:14 am »

Ok I keep going by scenario to scenario to think about why Aliens would invade earth in terms of just... resources.

Yet in terms of invasion the only things I can come up with are our biology (Animals, plants, farmland... Though even that is unlikely due to differences in biology)... and ONE site suggests that earth might be easier to find certain compounds in such as Uranium (There are SOME things easier to find on earth than elsewhere).

In THEORY an Alien might want our iron but will find it very easily and in abundance in space... So the only reason they would come to earth is if it is somehow easier... Yet the only way is if we agree to help.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #120281 on: April 04, 2017, 07:18:38 am »

Alien invasions don't make much sense.

I mean, any civilisation capable of space travel could probably just drag a few asteroids or large bodies into our our path and kill us all. Or threaten to do so.
One wheel short of a wagon

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120282 on: April 04, 2017, 07:19:41 am »

My only comment is that I'm ok with the fact that somewhere in africa, someone decided to call sour milk "dikmelk".

Hmmmm... Dikmelk...
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120283 on: April 04, 2017, 07:28:18 am »

I mean, any civilisation capable of space travel could probably just drag a few asteroids or large bodies into our our path and kill us all. Or threaten to do so.

Assuming they wouldn't find this distasteful or that it would render our planet rather difficult to maneuver even for their tech.

Then again this assumes they have a ship capable of moving an entire asteroid.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #120284 on: April 04, 2017, 07:31:23 am »

As Neo said, the only resource on this planet that could really attract a spacefaring species is our biosphere. Anything of that sort would ruin it, so they couldn't do it.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 8017 8018 [8019] 8020 8021 ... 11037