Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8016 8017 [8018] 8019 8020 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14528479 times)

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #120255 on: April 03, 2017, 03:34:58 pm »

The old Zukah Blyi'jad (As featured on Counter StrikeTM) could do as a start, I imagine, but I rather like the idea of collecting a harvest of more imaginative swears. A good initiative!

I kept recieving strange scam calls myself, recently. They were from India, however, and terribly rude. Of course, I was rather upset the third time they woke me in the middle of the night, and said something dreadfully rude back at them. I do not know if that was what settled the matter, but I have been left alone since.

That picture is marvellous, however. It is the look on the poor man's face that makes it complete. It is a picture of the future. If you want to see the future, picture a man about to start crying while a hipster injects the latest gimmicks into his skin. Forever.
That does sound very cyberpunk.

It does, now that you say it. No wonder why the cyberpunk population are always so forlorn and grumpy...

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #120256 on: April 03, 2017, 03:43:27 pm »

I'd like to point out that the article is from 2015 though. The future is the past.

We live in the era of Time Crystals!
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120257 on: April 03, 2017, 04:58:41 pm »

Some scammer keeps calling my wife. I need harsh insults in Russian and other Slavic languages please. Pm them to me with phonetic pronunciations.
The only one I know is сука блять (the Russianising of Cyka Blyat, according to google translate)

The old Zukah Blyi'jad (As featured on Counter StrikeTM) could do as a start, I imagine, but I rather like the idea of collecting a harvest of more imaginative swears. A good initiative!
You want a harvest, here's mine.

I know засранець (Za-sra-nech) which based on the usage by my father mean't spoiled brat. There's also сученят (sue (like lawyers) -che (like cheque) - nyat (like nyan cat) ) which technically means puppy, but is used as a harsh insult. There is гімно (heem (soft h) - no) which basically means shit. Like saying that this guy's business proposition is a steaming pile of гімно

Anyway, one thing about сука блять, no real Slav would use those words in that combination. сука when translated literally means bitch, but it's usage is more along the likes of fuck. блять is actually a very weak swear word and is the equivalent of saying damn. So when you say them together, you get "fuck damn!" and a very confused crowd as people try to figure out що в бані ти тілки що сказав.

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120258 on: April 03, 2017, 07:35:52 pm »

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #120259 on: April 03, 2017, 07:41:48 pm »

I know yahb tvoyu math from Tom Clancy books, which apparently means 'fuck your mother'. Anyway, the scammer has a heavy Slavic accent, probably Russian. I'm not an expect, but I wanted to be able to insult him next time he calls. Thanks for these, folks :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120260 on: April 03, 2017, 07:45:06 pm »

Youtube is playing unskippable ads almost every video at very high volume. Much higher than the video I want to watch or was watching before that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120261 on: April 03, 2017, 07:48:04 pm »

Youtube is playing unskippable ads almost every video at very high volume. Much higher than the video I want to watch or was watching before that.

Yell at it in Russian, we all know how now.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #120262 on: April 03, 2017, 08:01:22 pm »

Oooh, Russian insults! I know a few...
I know yahb tvoyu math from Tom Clancy books, which apparently means 'fuck your mother'. Anyway, the scammer has a heavy Slavic accent, probably Russian. I'm not an expect, but I wanted to be able to insult him next time he calls. Thanks for these, folks :)
goddammit my sense of timing is truly impeccable
._.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120263 on: April 03, 2017, 10:44:27 pm »

Re: Chip in people, I assume they have a magnetic way to wipe it if he quits?

'Cos yeah I'd totally get chip'd, as long as I could put new stuff on it if I went to a different job.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120264 on: April 04, 2017, 12:49:06 am »

It's RFID, essentially it is what is inside an amiibo, or an NFC contact credit card.  Typically, those can be programmed-- yes. They also tend to have a security feature to restrict who/what can do that writing, by having a crypto challenge first.

Still, I would rather not have foreign bodies inside my meaty human flesh body, thanks.  Look, I understand convenience and all that, but this is absurdity.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #120265 on: April 04, 2017, 12:56:53 am »

I'd be marginally more okay with it if it offered more than you could get by having a ring. Or a fingerprint. But having used card-based systems, RFID token based systems, and fingerprint systems, I really don't see the advantage here that offsets the disadvantage of being chipped.

Of course, if you don't have a problem with your company giving you an RFID chip saying you work for them, I guess it's fine?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120266 on: April 04, 2017, 01:20:54 am »

Yeah I can't really explain why I'd want that.  It just sorta sounds cool, like a piercing but high-tech.
Maybe one of those ones that light up, so at least it'd be a (freaky) bit of bodyart.

Because yeah...  It's basically as secure as a ring or card, except a thief would have to cut it out of me or hack it somehow (unlikely I assume, with PGP).  And if I wanted it out or to change it, I'd have the same problem.  Maybe if only I had access to it...  But really, I'm not even very comfortable with pay-by-phone-swipe.

anyway
https://xkcd.com/644/
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120267 on: April 04, 2017, 01:55:09 am »

Welcome to Irabu's office.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #120268 on: April 04, 2017, 02:01:06 am »

Some scammer keeps calling my wife. I need harsh insults in Russian and other Slavic languages please. Pm them to me with phonetic pronunciations.
Scream "cheeki breeki" at them over and over?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #120269 on: April 04, 2017, 03:30:49 am »

Scream "cheeki breeki" at them over and over?
What I'd do is keep repeating that, slowly but ever more insistently.

'Cheeki breeki. Cheeki breeki. CHEEKI. BREEKI.'
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 8016 8017 [8018] 8019 8020 ... 11037