Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8015 8016 [8017] 8018 8019 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14528521 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #120240 on: April 03, 2017, 10:28:28 am »

I wouldnt say readily. And a chainsaw will save you a lot of time and back pain
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120241 on: April 03, 2017, 10:37:29 am »

Split the difference and use a chainaxe.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120242 on: April 03, 2017, 11:05:30 am »

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120243 on: April 03, 2017, 12:09:15 pm »

Now I want to mod a chainaxe into Cataclysm DDA, and I don't even play 40K (I played the far superior original Warhammer, the one with radioactive ratmen, and insane spinning goblins.)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120244 on: April 03, 2017, 12:18:50 pm »

SWEDEN YES
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-31042477

ITS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120245 on: April 03, 2017, 12:25:41 pm »

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120246 on: April 03, 2017, 12:25:57 pm »

Must be fun to be fired. 

I'm sorry steve, but you failed us for the last time  I'm going to need to CUT THE ID CHIP FROM YOUR FLESH!
* Greiger pulls out a chainaxe and turns it on.

I wouldn't be opposed to getting credit card information embedded like that.  Long as it still required something in the receiver for me to enter to decrypt it.  One of the big problems with something like that is all it takes is someone with a rfid reader in a wristwatch when they shake your hand to get all your info so they can pretend to be you.   A lot of these things are less secure than an Amiibo.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 12:30:31 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #120247 on: April 03, 2017, 01:46:47 pm »

Now I want to mod a chainaxe into Cataclysm DDA, and I don't even play 40K (I played the far superior original Warhammer, the one with radioactive ratmen, and insane spinning goblins.)
It's been a while since I've had the opportunity to actually mess with C:DDA, but I could have sworn that one of the crazier mainline mods already had a chainaxe modded in (though that would have been almost a year ago now, so no telling if that is still true).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #120248 on: April 03, 2017, 02:22:30 pm »

Anyway, on personal WTFerry, I discovered r/creepyPMs. Now, I was expecting creepy PMs. But there was one thing on there that I was really not expecting, and Jesus Christ did it set off every 'NOPE' alarm in my brain simultaneously. I'm not sure if it'd be allowed on these forums, and even if it is I'd rather not post it.
Way to write a post such that it's nearly impossible for us to not request seeing the message. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #120249 on: April 03, 2017, 02:41:24 pm »

I now need to know.

This has become the quest which defines me.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120250 on: April 03, 2017, 03:02:26 pm »

I could start sending you creepy PMs and you could tell me if I'm getting close-
Okay, my WTF, I very briefly thought that was a good or clever idea.  VERY briefly, but still.

My original WTF was that I found another cluster of my old Python code!  But none of it works because Python 3 introduced 2 rather confounding changes...  Print statements now require parentheses (why??) and "range" now has to be wrapped in "list" in most situations (at least the ones I used it in).  So this:
Code: [Select]
print "oops!"Has to be:
print("oops!")and
for z in range(NUM_DIM):
entityGrid.append(range(MAX_X))
terrainGrid.append(range(MAX_X))
Now:
for z in range(NUM_DIM):
entityGrid.append(list(range(MAX_X)))
terrainGrid.append(list(range(MAX_X)))

Which (as far as I can tell, I've barely touched python in months) sacrifices convenience for specificness, and feels like it bloats the lines.  Also the error messages were unhelpful, obviously.  For print, the error was simply "Invalid syntax" if there was any formatting involved.  For "'range' object doesn't support item assignment", even the IDLE editor didn't provide any way to jump to the line.

And don't get me started on the IDLE editor, which has somehow avoided improvement all this time...

This is more me being upset and disturbed at the passage of time (I wrote this stuff 6-7 years ago), and the issues of running old code.  Though in my defense, my previous workplace had me use Python 2 also, and seemed a bit amazed that I would even try 3.  I'm only using it now because Pygame started recommending it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #120251 on: April 03, 2017, 03:05:06 pm »

SWEDEN YES
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-31042477

ITS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE

ALDRIG!

You can impose the future, Epicenter, when you have pried the past from my cold, dead hands. Along with my pass card.

That picture is marvellous, however. It is the look on the poor man's face that makes it complete. It is a picture of the future. If you want to see the future, picture a man about to start crying while a hipster injects the latest gimmicks into his skin. Forever.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #120252 on: April 03, 2017, 03:11:26 pm »

Python 3 needs parentheses for print because print is now a proper function with kwargs, which can be extremely useful. It really makes very little difference to coding, too.

I think the reason you have to wrap ranges in list now is because python 3's ranges are python 2's xranges, which IIRC are faster for most things you'd normally use a range for. Never been too up on ranges though, especially since of late I've mostly been writing code where I can ditch the "for i in range" format in favour of a list comprehension.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #120253 on: April 03, 2017, 03:19:42 pm »

Some scammer keeps calling my wife. I need harsh insults in Russian and other Slavic languages please. Pm them to me with phonetic pronunciations.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120254 on: April 03, 2017, 03:28:15 pm »

That picture is marvellous, however. It is the look on the poor man's face that makes it complete. It is a picture of the future. If you want to see the future, picture a man about to start crying while a hipster injects the latest gimmicks into his skin. Forever.
That does sound very cyberpunk.
Pages: 1 ... 8015 8016 [8017] 8018 8019 ... 11037