Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8011 8012 [8013] 8014 8015 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14527089 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #120180 on: April 02, 2017, 02:12:00 pm »

A hamburger is a hamburger sandwich; that is, a sandwich with a hamburger on it. That hamburger is, in turn, also a sandwich, with its own hamburger.
So is it sandwitchception, or hamburgerception?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120181 on: April 02, 2017, 02:25:42 pm »

BOTH

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #120182 on: April 02, 2017, 02:36:38 pm »

A hamburger is a hamburger sandwich; that is, a sandwich with a hamburger on it. That hamburger is, in turn, also a sandwich, with its own hamburger.
So is it sandwitchception, or hamburgerception?

Its 3 cullics
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #120183 on: April 02, 2017, 02:39:02 pm »

IMO, it depends on if you prefer to look at the little things or the big picture. In strict terms, it is a sandwich--it's a filling between two slices of bread. But to me there's a ton of things that set it apart from a regular "sandwich"--the main filling is unusually thick compared to other sandwiches, it's typically served on a specialized bun rather than regular bread loaves, and it's heated. Any one of those things by itself would have still made it a sandwich to me, but together I feel that they distinguish a hamburger enough for it to be its own thing.
Yeah, but subsets are a thing. Same way as all squares are rectangles, but not vice versa.

By the same logic you could separate every particular instance of a sandwich from a Platonic Sandwich (dot tumblr dot com) if it's distinct enough.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #120184 on: April 02, 2017, 02:52:38 pm »

Why the fuck would you design a toilet brush handle in two parts, thus risking unfortunately timed detachment while in use.

Why.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #120185 on: April 02, 2017, 03:00:05 pm »

Space concerns. Probably built to be able to be stored or used in cramped rooms. The real question is why someone would buy one that can be shrunk down if they don't need to be able to stick it somewhere claustrophobic.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #120186 on: April 02, 2017, 03:41:15 pm »

The real question is why someone would buy one that can be shrunk down if they don't need to be able to stick it somewhere claustrophobic.

Well then. That's an interesting thing you've said there.

Avenged Sevenfold actually seem pretty good. Not sure why I didn't expect them to be, actually.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120187 on: April 02, 2017, 04:55:59 pm »

Space concerns. Probably built to be able to be stored or used in cramped rooms. The real question is why someone would buy one that can be shrunk down if they don't need to be able to stick it somewhere claustrophobic.

The handle comes off. No bendiness or flexibility. No ease of use in small or oddly shaped places. No rhyme or reason. Just... the handle comes off.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #120188 on: April 02, 2017, 04:59:47 pm »

... maybe it's like those hello kitty massagers or somethin', I'unno. Or they sell replacement non-handle bits? Someone thought it was a good idea for some reason.
Ask not!
Ask!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120189 on: April 02, 2017, 05:07:03 pm »

Wow...

Ok so I was trying to look up "What would a world that had no cultural appropriation be like?"

And I found a feminism website...

I swear to goodness the vast majority (and by vast majority, I mean I didn't see anything to the contrary) of its articles are on how terrible everything is... usually the reader.

And it is usually "How this one innoculous act makes you a bad person"

Seriously what is with advertising to women and self-esteem assassination?

---

On that subject I am thinking of making a topic where we just come up with how a world without cultural appropriation would work...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 05:09:32 pm by Neonivek »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120190 on: April 02, 2017, 05:14:22 pm »

Depends what you mean by cultural appropriation.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120191 on: April 02, 2017, 05:18:21 pm »

Depends what you mean by cultural appropriation.

Cultural Appropriation us: Engaging in anything that is of a culture that is considered to be your lesser in terms of power WITHIN your culture.

This includes things like researching, eating, listening, playing, baking, saying (yes, no loan words).

So... for example you aren't allowed to go to Chinese Restaurants, you aren't allowed to research Chinese Food, you aren't allowed to cook Chinese food, you cannot even say the proper names for Chinese food.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #120192 on: April 02, 2017, 05:19:49 pm »

Ah. Well, that makes the answer relatively easy. We'd either be extinct, monoethnic, or in a state of perpetual war. We'd also be several centuries back technology wise, at this point, assuming we made it this far. Probably significantly smaller population. Buncha' other nasty stuff.
Ask not!
Ask!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120193 on: April 02, 2017, 05:21:23 pm »

Ah. Well, that makes the answer relatively easy. We'd either be extinct or monoethnic.

Well yeah... But for the sake of argument... We are assuming that a cultural appropriation ban was put into place like... 20 years ago...

And any words that existed 100 years ago in English are acceptable (because... well... English has VERY few of its own words)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #120194 on: April 02, 2017, 05:22:17 pm »

The Daily Mail just wrote about the Slingshot Channel
...The level of outrage they express over that is astounding.
I think the evil laugh plus knife image they put in is the turd cherry on top of the suspiciously smelly mudcake, to be honest. I knew they were always low, but not this low.
They're a redtop. They only care about selling papers, not so much how they go about it.

Bonus points they included the quote "When are Google going to get their act together and stop making money out of vile hatred?"

top kek

Please remember that this article was published on April 1st.
Pages: 1 ... 8011 8012 [8013] 8014 8015 ... 11037