Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8007 8008 [8009] 8010 8011 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14526265 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #120120 on: April 01, 2017, 03:31:45 pm »

Saw "The Ghost in the Shell". Odd thing to be refreshed by, but I rather liked how small the final action scene was compared to the usual mainstream action/sci-fi/superhero film final scene. Like, there was just one _______, while most Hollywood films would think using six was restrained.

Didn't like the new Major, who is now basically Adam "I Didn't Ask For This" Jensen now. The rest of section nine - bloody nailed it, though. Batou was very... Batou-ish, for instance. Also fond of Aramaki.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #120121 on: April 01, 2017, 03:41:10 pm »

Welp, I think SB's April Fools have gone too far, they've been down for more than an hour now.
._.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120122 on: April 01, 2017, 04:31:12 pm »

Almost got fired, and almost subsequently almost quit today. Still haven't decided if I will or not.
This?:
I'm starting to wonder if all my coworkers were all dropped on their heads while drinking lead paint. At least one of the pricers is almost certainly pressing buttons at random, and the other one/two are hardly any better. Next, the clothes go to the 2-4 people who put the price tag on the clothes. They're supposed to check that the thing they're putting a price tag on is supposed to be the thing that price tag goes on. They don't. They ticket them so fast that many of them don't have the tag completely in, and they keep wondering how they keep stabbing themselves with the needle.

Yeah, well, it's been going on for several days now*. Apparently, according to my boss, my frustration at this is far more out of line than people not doing their goddamned jobs. Oh, and this is the same manager who, days ago, grabbed a clock that had a string on it, put it around his neck, and pretended to be Flava Flav(despite being white and 400lbs), then later sat in one of those toy wagons shaped like a car and had an employee pull it while pretending to be a baby. How flying fuck has this guy ever held a management position is beyond me.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #120123 on: April 01, 2017, 04:35:12 pm »

Welp, I think SB's April Fools have gone too far, they've been down for more than an hour now.
It's actually unrelated, just a horribly timed server crash.

https://twitter.com/spacebattlescom/status/848240047849709568

I guess the universe decided on an April Fools of its own.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #120124 on: April 01, 2017, 04:38:12 pm »

I dunno if it's unrelated, I saw a message related to the April Fools (boring) event on a sort-of "please wait until we fix everything" maintenance page for a moment, before it refreshed to 503 error. Me thinks someone done goofed.
._.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120125 on: April 01, 2017, 04:38:36 pm »

Had a dream where I was pulling off my own fingers and eating them, and every time I bit through the nerve, the finger would start to spasm.

I am shaken now.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #120126 on: April 01, 2017, 04:44:06 pm »

I was wondering that myself, it's a very SB-relevant sort of prank to pull.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #120127 on: April 01, 2017, 05:13:24 pm »

I was wondering that myself, it's a very SB-relevant sort of prank to pull.
Honestly, if this continues much longer, I'm going to be rather annoyed. I wanted to do some analysis for War Of The Krork, on the Necrons and how shit they are.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #120128 on: April 01, 2017, 06:42:10 pm »

First: I got the mobile game for Dynasty Warriors (I forget the actual title of the app, but it's on the Apple App store). The fact that the game is about China yet has your pick of Korean or Japanese voicing feels... Kind of odd, especially when basically every character's name follows Chinese naming convention.

Second: I actually took my copy of Jet Set Radio for a spin. After finally figuring out the spray paint controls, I got to the parts where Onishimura (or whatever that crazy Max Payne wannabe's name is) sends armed paratroopers, tanks, and attack choppers after you.

This is obviously intended for comedic purposes, but my years of playing games like GTA, Assassin's Creed, and other open-world games of a similar nature have made me numb to the humor. So this is more of a "WTF is wrong with me".

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120129 on: April 01, 2017, 08:35:18 pm »

Started playing The Guild 2, which has sat unplayed in my Steam library for some time now. The tutorial about your character's favor with other characters and dynasties devotes a rather large amount of dialogue regarding the process of... expanding the family.

Also this dialogue between the player character and his wife before the act:
PC: *strikes a serious pose, speaks casually* "I thought I'd fulfill my marital obligations to you this evening."
Wife: "Fine, then."
*runs off to bed*

Second: I actually took my copy of Jet Set Radio for a spin.
Did you complete the tutorial? :P
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #120130 on: April 01, 2017, 08:50:00 pm »

Started playing The Guild 2, which has sat unplayed in my Steam library for some time now. The tutorial about your character's favor with other characters and dynasties devotes a rather large amount of dialogue regarding the process of... expanding the family.

PC: *strikes a serious pose, speaks casually* "I thought I'd fulfill my marital obligations to you this evening."
*runs off to bed*
All the marriage-related dialogue is pure gold. They knew it was going to be cringe-worthy, so they went all in.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #120131 on: April 01, 2017, 08:58:20 pm »

Welp, SB is still down. Well this sure has been a good way to make an April Fool's day memorable, I say. Off to sleep, hopefully by the time I wake up those inept organizers will manage to unfuck the situation.
._.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120132 on: April 01, 2017, 09:13:26 pm »

4.30AM noise complaint. I get up, get dressed, and head up to the level of the disturbance. The tiles of the walkway are wet, the red fire hose is unwound half a wind. Noise is coming through the motel door—sounds like a bit of a party.
I knock, the noise quietens down, and after a few moments of movement inside, the door swings wide open to answer me. 
Seven blokes are inside, early to mid twenties. Some are lying on the bed, one is peeking out from the doorframe to the bathroom, some just stand frozen; the fella that answered the door is himself half behind the frame. Every single one of them was butt naked. 

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120133 on: April 01, 2017, 09:50:09 pm »

*runs off to bed*
All the marriage-related dialogue is pure gold. They knew it was going to be cringe-worthy, so they went all in.

I watched a multiplayer play through of The Guild 2. All the dialogue between the characters during the house meeting/voting sessions were delightfully bizarre.
"Why do you think you should hold the position of mayor!?."
"Because I'll have you all thrown in prison if you don't!"
"Now, a brief respite to reflect on this."
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #120134 on: April 01, 2017, 10:32:21 pm »

I just tuned into Adult Swim on the teevee to watch this week's Samurai Jack, except it seems I can't watch it because it and Dragon Ball Super are both being replaced by the same episode of Rick and Morty instead as a surprise April Fool's joke. Thanks Adult Swim, it's not like I've been waiting for the past week or anything.

Also, as I'm writing this, I just noticed that a commercial for Samsung Galaxy S8 played 3 times in a row.
Pages: 1 ... 8007 8008 [8009] 8010 8011 ... 11037