Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8006 8007 [8008] 8009 8010 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14526078 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #120105 on: March 31, 2017, 02:19:30 pm »

O_o
o_O

I suppose I'm lucky, then? A year or so ago part of a major road in town literally exploded due to the Arps plant it was built along, and it was fixed up in a few weeks, good as new. This is pretty consistent with everything else road related around me so
BTW I live in America
Local roads tend to get patched up pretty quickly where I'm at too (though the weather means that the road slowly degenerates for most of the year, then you have like a month of tons of construction going on all at once). Course there's still always at least some freeway construction going on year round, but that's more linked to the fact that you'll have like 250 miles of road between two cities than it does with their particular speed on any one part.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120106 on: March 31, 2017, 02:23:04 pm »

I've found different parts of the country are better than others.

I'm from NJ, where it took them almost a full year to put a concrete barrier down a half mile of road. No other alterations were made.

In VA, I frequently see them repairing/altering roads, and it takes like, a day. Took like 3 months to add 2 lanes to both sides of the local highway. They even advise ahead of time on those mobile blinky light displays when they are going to do anything.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #120107 on: March 31, 2017, 03:18:22 pm »

Here in Tourist Town MO, I watched them build a whole new 2+ mile section of highway with an intersection in about a year.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #120108 on: March 31, 2017, 03:45:45 pm »

I'm from NJ, where it took them almost a full year to put a concrete barrier down a half mile of road. No other alterations were made.

In VA, I frequently see them repairing/altering roads, and it takes like, a day. Took like 3 months to add 2 lanes to both sides of the local highway. They even advise ahead of time on those mobile blinky light displays when they are going to do anything.
To be fair, I think two thirds of the state's population is working on the turnpike at any given time, so it makes sense the rest of the road crews are understaffed :P
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120109 on: March 31, 2017, 04:05:47 pm »

You know... it annoys me when a piece of fiction just suddenly makes a character gay for shock or political value (Yeah thanks new Star Trek movies... So you made Sulu extra Asian, because he was Asian, and now gay, because his actor was gay... and not Kirk? The character who one of the writers/creators said that IF he could have got away with it he would have made him gay?)
-Yeah did I mention that everytime someone says the new Star Trek movies are progressive I die a bit inside?

But then there are characters where if they did come out as gay... You would kind of go along with it.

Why don't they ever make those characters gay? You know... the ones who make sense from a narrative or personal standpoint and who would have a LOT more invested interest in.

Oddly enough want to know the character who inspired this post? Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

Honestly he shares a lot of chemistry with Riku... and almost none with Kairi.

---

To admit the only reason I don't want it to be revealed that Snake and Otacon are gay... is because they are kind of funnier straight.

Mind you Old Snake and Kaz are confirmed gay and were lovers for a time.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 04:12:07 pm by Neonivek »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120110 on: March 31, 2017, 04:13:06 pm »

Going to need a citation for that last one. I know there was naked wrestling and stuff, but that has a flimsy excuse. Give me something unambiguous.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120111 on: March 31, 2017, 04:20:15 pm »

Going to need a citation for that last one. I know there was naked wrestling and stuff, but that has a flimsy excuse. Give me something unambiguous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGye7wNazqc

And to win that mission... you HAD to do that (it was a date with Kaz)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEZxZpy11Z8

The most you can hope for is that this entire mission was purely a joke and that it never happened.

Then again... I think the creepy sex with Paz was canonical and that was the other date mission.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 04:27:34 pm by Neonivek »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120112 on: March 31, 2017, 04:31:54 pm »

The two date missions are arguably canon. Could be, could be not be.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120113 on: March 31, 2017, 04:33:07 pm »

The two date missions are arguably canon. Could be, could be not be.

To admit it doesn't matter... for multiple reasons (Mostly that their relationship doesn't go so well... IMMEDIATELY after Peace Walker... and even during Peace Walker in a manner of speaking)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #120114 on: March 31, 2017, 04:33:21 pm »

I'm shocked no one responded to my "ethics of sick loop-de-loops" question.

I'm from NJ
Well that's all that needed to be said really.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 04:35:08 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #120115 on: April 01, 2017, 02:36:24 am »

For some reason when people see my surname they think it's Italian. This has happened thrice so far
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120116 on: April 01, 2017, 10:13:42 am »

....Poo?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #120117 on: April 01, 2017, 11:21:37 am »

Then again... I think the creepy sex with Paz was canonical and that was the other date mission.
That entire thing was just... WTF were they, and the censors, thinking?
._.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #120118 on: April 01, 2017, 02:21:57 pm »

....Poo?
No. My *actual* surname.

I would disclose it but it's not very common (~4000 in my country, according to census data) and while it might not be enough to dox me by default, when you add other disclosed tidbits it might just be (or at least narrow my identity to four or five people)

For the record, no, it isnt Italian. Not that I mind the confusion, but I do find it puzzling
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 02:26:47 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #120119 on: April 01, 2017, 03:10:05 pm »

Saw "The Ghost in the Shell". Odd thing to be refreshed by, but I rather liked how small the final action scene was compared to the usual mainstream action/sci-fi/superhero film final scene. Like, there was just one _______, while most Hollywood films would think using six was restrained.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 8006 8007 [8008] 8009 8010 ... 11037