Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7998 7999 [8000] 8001 8002 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14524104 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #119985 on: March 30, 2017, 12:35:36 am »

Queensland is flooding again.
Not too bad yet, but there's a bundle of road closures and it's expected to get worse.

Remember kids, El Niño is a bastard, but La Niña is a bitch.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119986 on: March 30, 2017, 12:36:06 am »

Tiruin is already the most ethical human being, she does not need to develop that super power.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119987 on: March 30, 2017, 12:42:02 am »

Queensland is flooding again.
Not too bad yet, but there's a bundle of road closures and it's expected to get worse.

Remember kids, El Niño is a bastard, but La Niña is a bitch.
Nice weather we're having!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119988 on: March 30, 2017, 05:24:06 am »

Ohh my goodness... FF13-2 has a hilarious twist!

You see the entire game, and possibly the entire series was:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119989 on: March 30, 2017, 05:26:30 am »

No, that's FF7.

Robot chicken proved it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TABVw2iB7a0

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119990 on: March 30, 2017, 05:56:24 am »

No, that's FF7.

Robot chicken proved it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TABVw2iB7a0

It all makes sense! Afterall Lightning IS supposed to be a female Cloud (no really)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #119991 on: March 30, 2017, 07:53:30 am »

The name actually isn't in the original fable, if we are being honest.

If I recall the story as we know is an alteration of a very old tale that does not even contain any fairies. I don't think the name Maleficent is even in the altered version that Disney draws from.

Disney made that sh** up.

The original tale is Sleeping Beauty, right? It definitely has fairies in it, otherwise how could Sleeping Beauty be cursed to prick herself on a spinning instrument and fall asleep for a hundred years? These things don't happen without magic.

Speaking of which though, is she called Aurora in the English versions or is that just another Disney addendum? In Swedish she (and the tale itself) is called Törnrosa (Thornrose). Not sure about the German source original, though.
Love, scriver~

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #119992 on: March 30, 2017, 08:40:19 am »

Disney probably got the name "Aurora" for the princess from the ballet version of the story. The Brothers Grimm version named her "Briar Rose", while the Charles Perrault version of the tale - the earliest in the current form ( Sun, Moon, and Talia has significant differences) left her unnamed, but named her daughter "Aurore". The Perrault version contains fairies.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 08:45:35 am by Lord Shonus »
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #119993 on: March 30, 2017, 11:23:49 am »

I believe she is called Aurora in the börk edition, as well. I seem to recall so, at least. I did have the blasted thing on video tape. I think her parents named her Aurora, and then the fairy social workers renamed her Törnrosa when they took her to their witness protection safehouse cottage in the woods.

I cannot say that I was very thrilled to find that movie in my christmas sock, but I did rather warm to it. I remember the drunken bard very clearly.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #119994 on: March 30, 2017, 11:37:29 am »

Today's vehicle puzzle for the mechanically illiterate: Remove one bolt from an engine, so that it may be removed. Which bolt? You don't know. Where is it on the machine? You don't know. What does it look like? Don't know. Direction necessary to approach it? Probably from below! Remember class, you're hunting for the one bolt still anchoring the engine to the rest of the machine. Hope that winch is in good shape!

Only instructions given that can actually be understood by someone that has no idea what the fuck the parts of an engine are? "Just take bolts out until you get the right one." The right one, that you have no idea which it is.

Like. I appreciate being called in instead of trying to kill yourself doing it on your own, fellow house person, but. Maybe finding someone who actually has some inkling as to what the blue hell they're doing would be a better idea. Just... throwing that out there.

Now to go back outside (85f, 55% humidity, springtime bug resurgence) and poke at a motor some more in hopes of both figuring out which goddamn bolt needs to be removed and managing to do so without ending up in more pieces than I currently am. If I don't post somewhere within a week or two, assume I'm either in the hospital, bled out after losing an extremity, or got crushed by a falling engine block. Goddamn hoarding broken car nonsense.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119995 on: March 30, 2017, 12:09:41 pm »

Invest in the service manual. It will tell you where all the motormount bolt points are. ;P

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #119996 on: March 30, 2017, 12:29:36 pm »

It's a thought. Probably should have checked the glove compartment. Might have even thought of it myself if it wasn't for the heat. Gets a lot harder to think when it starts cookin', and even if the breeze is decent and the clothes thin I start cooking pretty easily.

Somewhat irrelevant now, though, as between that post and this one I have learned that being flat on my back like required to fit under a car has apparently become an incredibly goddamn bad idea of the holy-shit-I-think-I-almost-lost-consciousness variety. So I'm done for at least a few hours.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119997 on: March 30, 2017, 12:39:11 pm »

Also for those who didn't catch on I was mostly joking about Maleficent.

MOSTLY stemming from the fact that the live action movie doesn't make sense in terms of her name (Where... it is a fairy name... and doesn't imply any malevolence).

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #119998 on: March 30, 2017, 12:40:46 pm »

What kind of car has only a single bolt securing the entire freaking engine? That seems retardedly dumb for a multitude of reasons, like, holy fuck, have they heard of this fun thing called redundancy and not putting the entire strain on a single rather small point :O

My WTF of the day is the whole Destiny 2 thing. People are excited about it and can't wait. It's like everyone has forgotten how big of a deal Bungie made of having this be a long term (like, ten years long) project with continued updates and development during the whole time, like a proper MMO or something. Or have they perhaps realised that the only way to make the game something other than a mass of boring design choices and crappy bullet sponge gameplay would be to start from scratch?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119999 on: March 30, 2017, 12:43:17 pm »

Ehh Triple A games that aren't a huge let down are few and far between.

In fact I am going to say something controversial: The nature of a Triple A game increases the chances that it will be a letdown or only mildly fun.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 12:45:01 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 7998 7999 [8000] 8001 8002 ... 11037