Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7996 7997 [7998] 7999 8000 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14523502 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #119955 on: March 29, 2017, 04:57:23 pm »

Jungle Book... Well... It would be a spoiler... but the entire movie basically is the opposite of the Jungle Book. Basically it bent to the whims of the day and the whole "Fitting in" aspect.

To be fair, The (New) Jungle Book movie is a lot truer to The Jungle Book book than The (Old) Jungle Book movie.

Granted, that's not terribly hard.

And yet neither of them are accurate... like... at all :P

In the same way that a Hot Air balloon is a lot more similar to an orange than a car.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #119956 on: March 29, 2017, 05:03:38 pm »

Jungle Book... Well... It would be a spoiler... but the entire movie basically is the opposite of the Jungle Book. Basically it bent to the whims of the day and the whole "Fitting in" aspect.

To be fair, The (New) Jungle Book movie is a lot truer to The Jungle Book book than The (Old) Jungle Book movie.

Granted, that's not terribly hard.

And yet neither of them are accurate... like... at all :P

In the same way that a Hot Air balloon is a lot more similar to an orange than a car.

If the Jungle Book book was a car, then the old Jungle Book Movie would be a hot air balloon, and the new Jungle Book movie would be a train.  All three are correlated, and a train is noticeably more similar to a car than a hot air balloon is, but... yeah. There all kind of wrong, but not in quite as egregious a manner as you say.

Personally, I actually really like the newer Jungle Book, can't beat the rose tinted lenses on the old one, but they did a damn fine job telling a very different story.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119957 on: March 29, 2017, 05:12:26 pm »

The funny thing is Draignean is I can't stand the original Jungle Book... It is a REALLY boring movie that only holds up because of its songs.

Yeah in terms of being a good movie the newer one... is better... No question.

But its missteps is when it tries to "fix" the original.

Mind you Malefascent's biggest BIGGEST problem wasn't even its "fix" issue (though it does sink the later half of the movie)... But that it absolutely doesn't want to make Malefascent a bad guy... it is allergic to it. So her learning evil magic? Skipped over... Her cursing Aurora to death? changed... Her doing bad ass magic? Yeah kind of not really. (and don't get me started on her freeken name!)

I don't know why it was so dead set against her looking bad. She has a redemption arc and one that would have worked REALLY well. She, in trying to punish someone... hurt someone who wasn't only innocent herself but who was a victim of said someone AND a good person overall... and she grows closer to her victim. That is a good story right there.

As well the sheer lengths it goes to, to make anyone who isn't Malefascent or Aurora look like a bad person (or idiot) goes waaay too far. No one is allowed to have redeeming features or if they aren't evil they need to be incompetent beyond belief.

Malefascent is like a Mary Sue... and I don't like to use that term because it is so overused... But that is basically the problem.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 05:18:28 pm by Neonivek »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119958 on: March 29, 2017, 06:09:40 pm »

The book is the one where Mowgli coldly engineers the death by trampling of a helpless Shere Khan, and dooms presumably an entire colony of monkeys to a horrific waking nightmare of a death by Kaa. Most everyone that knows or meets Mowgli is that book comes to some kind of depressing/terrifying/violent end save for Bagheera and Baloo. They only get mauled.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119959 on: March 29, 2017, 06:12:35 pm »

@Neonivek:
It's spelled Maleficent.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119960 on: March 29, 2017, 06:17:16 pm »

@Neonivek:
It's spelled Maleficent.

Her people have no written language, so I can write it anyway I want :P

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119961 on: March 29, 2017, 06:20:45 pm »

@Neonivek:
It's spelled Maleficent.

You can write it any way you want, yes, but unless that way is 'Maleficent' it'll be wrong.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119962 on: March 29, 2017, 06:23:06 pm »

@Neonivek:
It's spelled Maleficent.

You can write it any way you want, yes, but unless that way is 'Maleficent' it'll be wrong.

She writes her name pretty good for someone who can't write.

And consistently.

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119963 on: March 29, 2017, 06:25:17 pm »

Yeah that is one way to write her name. I prefer mine. Which because it isn't an English name (but a fairy name that means really good person) it means it is up in the air how to spell it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119964 on: March 29, 2017, 06:29:08 pm »

No it's not.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119965 on: March 29, 2017, 06:30:38 pm »

No it's not.

in her movie which is the REAL story, it means really really good person or something along those lines.

What? Do you think it means magnificently malevolent? PFT! That is simple human prejudice being thrust upon the fairies.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #119966 on: March 29, 2017, 06:36:23 pm »

Where did this fairy tale originate?

Because if it's from the fairies...

Well, it'd be a bit difficult to ask them directly, at least for me.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119967 on: March 29, 2017, 06:40:04 pm »

Does not sound very gealic to me.. The tuatha de dannan will hear of this farce!

( lol)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119968 on: March 29, 2017, 06:41:17 pm »

Where did this fairy tale originate?

Because if it's from the fairies...

Well, it'd be a bit difficult to ask them directly, at least for me.

Well the original Fairy Tale was a propaganda piece by royalty.

The real one Malefascantin wrote herself and is the real one and entirely accurate.

(Honestly the one joy I can at least get out of the movie... is imagining that it was actually written by Maleficent herself... and is why everything is so overly biased in her favor)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 06:43:19 pm by Neonivek »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #119969 on: March 29, 2017, 06:48:27 pm »

Sweet Jesus, that reminds me of final fantasy tactics art for some reason (which doesn't make much sense, since those guys have noses)

Now if only someone would make a game of thrones tactics game :U
Some of them are definitely reminiscent of amano's style, though I'd probably say that was more characteristic of some of the earlier, non-tactics, games. So the concept art, if not the in-game. Makes sense you might pick up on some similarities.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 7996 7997 [7998] 7999 8000 ... 11037