Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7991 7992 [7993] 7994 7995 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14520545 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #119880 on: March 28, 2017, 01:13:23 am »

pegasus is also a technology supergenius deeeesu

oh, and related to the topic: deeeesu

...Why did I watch so much of that before stopping

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119881 on: March 28, 2017, 01:14:02 am »

There actually aren't any holograms, the glove actually contains a hidden IV that feeds the user hallucinogenic and suggestive drugs, causing them to see what they think the card should look like.

Kaiba Corp would face near-dissolution five years later, when an investigative journalist demonstrated the true function of the system.

The rules are so freeken messed up in that show... it is probably one of the only card games I can think of that would only work thanks to the magical holograms.

I mean what card game lets you play a card and then not tell someone how it works?

This is ignoring all the Season 1 cards that would just be insane to attempt in real life. "Ok I play Labyrinth! now I shall get out some graph paper and create a dungeon"... Or the later season cards that seem really fishy: "Ok you have to answer quiz questions that only I know the answer to!"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #119882 on: March 28, 2017, 02:04:26 am »

I mean what card game lets you play a card and then not tell someone how it works?

that is definitely not yu-gi-oh!'s problem, at least in the anime

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #119883 on: March 28, 2017, 02:05:29 am »

There actually aren't any holograms, the glove actually contains a hidden IV that feeds the user hallucinogenic and suggestive drugs, causing them to see what they think the card should look like.

Kaiba Corp would face near-dissolution five years later, when an investigative journalist demonstrated the true function of the system.

The rules are so freeken messed up in that show... it is probably one of the only card games I can think of that would only work thanks to the magical holograms.

This is ignoring all the Season 1 cards that would just be insane to attempt in real life. "Ok I play Labyrinth! now I shall get out some graph paper and create a dungeon"... Or the later season cards that seem really fishy: "Ok you have to answer quiz questions that only I know the answer to!"
Well I can think of a pretty good reason for that bUT FIRST I SHALL PLAY POT OF GREED WHICH ALLOWS ME TO DRAW OM┴ morecaarrrddsss....
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #119884 on: March 28, 2017, 05:12:24 am »

Folks name people jesus or whatev' plenty often, and that's not getting into the actually silly stuff. Poor decision-making is rarely considered sufficient reason to curtail a parent's decisions for their child, particularly for subjects like the kid's name.
This is more in the realm of naming your kid Yahweh, though.

I mean shit, I feel less sorry for the kid named Evangelion Unit One growing up than a kid named Allah. Parental publicity stunts are bad enough without imposing the risk of physical harm in addition to emotional. Kids ain't accessories, give 'em names, not topical memes or nouns associated with your interests.
Yeah uh: https://www.behindthename.com/name/joshua
It's literally what it is. It's both "Jesus" and "Yahweh is Salvation." Joshua as a christian name is basically "Mohammedallahuakbar." It's just that you don't notice it because christian Mohammedallahuakbar sounds like a perfectly reasonable and normal name to you because you probably know several of them.

I don't thibk a name with several thousand years of usage as a given name is the same thing just because it means roughly the name same thing. Maybe if it was Abdullah or another established name in which Allah is part. Naming your children God-Saves would be weird too.
Love, scriver~

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119885 on: March 28, 2017, 06:08:03 am »

Well I can think of a pretty good reason for that bUT FIRST I SHALL PLAY POT OF GREED WHICH ALLOWS ME TO DRAW OM┴ morecaarrrddsss....
Relevant
([Team four-star Yugi v Cell] DBZ abridged)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #119886 on: March 28, 2017, 06:54:00 am »

I'm up way too early, the whole room smells like coffee and bean is playing a Touhou mahjong game.

What even is today
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #119887 on: March 28, 2017, 06:57:23 am »

I'm up way too early, the whole room smells like coffee and bean is playing a Touhou mahjong game.

What even is today
Happy Tuesday Morning! :D

I'm getting my passport ._. and given my personal details, I am very, very anxious. x_x
So many distinct requirements. :O

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #119888 on: March 28, 2017, 07:14:21 am »

Are you secretly a North Korean spy, tirtir?
Love, scriver~

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119889 on: March 28, 2017, 07:15:20 am »

Quick, bring tiruin to the feather torture chamber.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119890 on: March 28, 2017, 09:16:38 am »

Folks name people jesus or whatev' plenty often, and that's not getting into the actually silly stuff. Poor decision-making is rarely considered sufficient reason to curtail a parent's decisions for their child, particularly for subjects like the kid's name.
This is more in the realm of naming your kid Yahweh, though.

I mean shit, I feel less sorry for the kid named Evangelion Unit One growing up than a kid named Allah. Parental publicity stunts are bad enough without imposing the risk of physical harm in addition to emotional. Kids ain't accessories, give 'em names, not topical memes or nouns associated with your interests.
Yeah uh: https://www.behindthename.com/name/joshua
It's literally what it is. It's both "Jesus" and "Yahweh is Salvation." Joshua as a christian name is basically "Mohammedallahuakbar." It's just that you don't notice it because christian Mohammedallahuakbar sounds like a perfectly reasonable and normal name to you because you probably know several of them.

And "Allah" is just "god". The equivalent would be naming your kid "Allahu akbar." Except not equivalent because that has another modern and mainstream meaning-calling a kid that would be more like calling them "Deus Vult". Muslim naming conventions favor characteristics for the personal name (as Christians do, except including other name sources, such as saint names). A proper Muslim name relating to Allah would be "Abd/Amah—". Naming your kid "Allah" is literally naming your kid "God" in modern etymology.

Someone has a kid, names them "DEUS VULT", and gets a dog named Jerusalem.

"DEUS VULT! WE ARE GOING ON A LONG WALK THIS AFTERNOON, AND WE ARE GOING TO TAKE JERUSALEM!"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #119891 on: March 28, 2017, 10:27:00 am »

...I want to name my son Deus Vult.

(Disclaimer: I probably won't be a dick and would just give my children normal names. Then let them choose their own name a la Loki Skylizard)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #119892 on: March 28, 2017, 10:35:04 am »

... artifact of just waking up from a nap I'm probably about to return to, but when I first saw that my eyes read Loli Skywalker. There was some confusion.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #119893 on: March 28, 2017, 10:46:30 am »

I read loli silkwizard. Also very confused.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119894 on: March 28, 2017, 10:47:05 am »

My girlfriend is almost sure that, if we ever have kids, she'll call our first boy Lucifer.

I'm trying to convince her to not do it because our kid will end up being nicknamed ~Lucy~.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 7991 7992 [7993] 7994 7995 ... 11037