Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7987 7988 [7989] 7990 7991 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14519906 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #119820 on: March 27, 2017, 03:25:31 pm »

I don't agree with that.  The whole "$2 gun, $5 mission" thing is fundamentally broken.  The cost:content ratio is completely out of line with the rest of the game, the only reason those things sell is because people hate the idea that they're missing something out of a game they love.  But to tack that on to a $20+ game is frankly insulting.

And its not Indy games that have ever bothered me with DLC. 
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #119821 on: March 27, 2017, 03:40:22 pm »

It's another one of the many by products of the indie game bubble.

Mmm... no.

Mods and the like are DLC, made popular by PC games of old. Some of the best, like Garry's Mod for Halflife 2, have gone on to be heir own thing.

Indie devs did not (and probably still do not) have the clout to get people to pay for add ons, because they don't have the ability to market their wares as well as better financed devs. You want to kill what little interest there is in your game? Make people initially buy an unfinished product without telling them, and sell them the rest in bits.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119822 on: March 27, 2017, 04:39:59 pm »

It's generally a good idea to keep DLC discrete from the main game because doing otherwise encourages the development of games where you are pretty much required to buy DLC if you want to get the complete experience of the "core" game, like Mass Effect 3. Also good for allowing mods to have versions compatible with both vanilla and v+DLC.

The exception is stuff like RTS games that add additional civs/units in expansions, where you need to be able to integrate vanilla and DLC multiplayer rather than split the community.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #119823 on: March 27, 2017, 05:04:21 pm »

Can't quite remember where I've seen it, but there's a few that manage alright, there. Go the route of letting anyone play with anyone, but the expansions or whathaveyou being needed to play as a particular faction. So long as the extra stuff isn't too wildly unbalanced and the base is meaty enough, it's a fairly decent setup to keep things from splitting too hard.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119824 on: March 27, 2017, 05:07:53 pm »

Can't quite remember where I've seen it, but there's a few that manage alright, there. Go the route of letting anyone play with anyone, but the expansions or whathaveyou being needed to play as a particular faction. So long as the extra stuff isn't too wildly unbalanced and the base is meaty enough, it's a fairly decent setup to keep things from splitting too hard.
The original Dawn of War series did something almost the opposite of that. Each game was standalone in single-player with all of the factions released up to that point available, but if you wanted to play multiplayer with the older factions you needed the older games installed.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119825 on: March 27, 2017, 06:22:12 pm »

The original Dawn of War series did something almost the opposite of that. Each game was standalone in single-player with all of the factions released up to that point available, but if you wanted to play multiplayer with the older factions you needed the older games installed.

In a completely joking manner...

If this happened nowadays, it'd be the end of gaming as we know it because you're required to buy the other games to play multiplayer as the imperial guard with Soulstorm's MP :v

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #119826 on: March 27, 2017, 06:25:23 pm »

Also for the second game, even if people disliked it. If you had the base game, you still could go against people who bought Chaos Rising.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #119827 on: March 27, 2017, 07:23:16 pm »

The most active spambot in bay12 history has come to visit us. Beware its deadly posts!

I wonder if it'll fill up the front page of GD before it gets banhammered...
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119828 on: March 27, 2017, 07:25:10 pm »

Daaaaaamn.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119829 on: March 27, 2017, 07:26:15 pm »

Holy shit. I thought I had accidentally translated the forum for a moment.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #119830 on: March 27, 2017, 07:29:40 pm »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #119831 on: March 27, 2017, 07:31:23 pm »

This is admittedly pretty impressive that it managed to toss up 21 topics and likely counting that fast.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #119832 on: March 27, 2017, 07:32:19 pm »

The most active spambot in bay12 history has come to visit us. Beware its deadly posts!

I wonder if it'll fill up the front page of GD before it gets banhammered...

So because our new friend is enthusiastic and Korean, he's obviously a spambot, right?

Another day in the neverending racism of Bay12, smh.

Wow, you caught me. See you on aha111.com or max123.com.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #119833 on: March 27, 2017, 07:33:00 pm »

Holy shit. I thought I had accidentally translated the forum for a moment.

I was worrying the anime threads had gotten a little too serious about the adopting japanese culture thing.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119834 on: March 27, 2017, 07:34:21 pm »

Kim Jong-Il's newest plan to mess with the West, methinks.

Pages: 1 ... 7987 7988 [7989] 7990 7991 ... 11037