Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7971 7972 [7973] 7974 7975 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14516687 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #119580 on: March 20, 2017, 11:40:04 pm »

Ran WinDirStat on my system and found out that literally half of my solid state is taken up by redundant Nvidia files.

It's a little annoying. Do they just not delete old drivers when you install new ones?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119581 on: March 21, 2017, 03:55:53 am »

The EU stopped import of most Brasiian meat, after the Brasilian food authority raided a few lot of meat producers, and found they had been selling meat past expiration date, and hiding the smell of rot by adding carcinogenic chemicals.
30 Brasilian food inspectors have been suspended, suspected of taking bribes.

So if you ate meat imported from Brasil last year, best go get yourself checked up for cancer. Iirc, McDonalds gets most of it's meat from Brasil (in fact, McDonalds has been one of the main culprits for destruction of rainforests, to make room for hamburger cows.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 04:39:23 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #119582 on: March 21, 2017, 06:36:08 am »

Meh, I don't eat non-Swedish meat anyway for exactly this reason. Call me a swegetarian.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #119583 on: March 21, 2017, 06:46:42 am »

The risk of cancer is probably more long-term so it's dubious that would help :/
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119584 on: March 21, 2017, 06:59:08 am »

Send your teratoma my regards.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119585 on: March 21, 2017, 07:29:11 am »

Random seemingly-causeless headaches upon waking up in the morning.

Also it took almost 15 minutes for a computer to boot up.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 08:26:57 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119586 on: March 21, 2017, 07:32:22 am »

I've kind of had to ditch my social life lately (due to being forced to move back in with family, hopefully temporarily) and all of a sudden I'm getting a bunch of messages from old friends I haven't communicated with in ages. People pretty much wholly unconnected to the social circles I have recently abandoned. Weird.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #119587 on: March 21, 2017, 07:58:40 am »

Also it took almost 15 minutes for a comouter to boot up.

Probably dehydration, have a drink of water before bed, or keep one handy to chug as soon as you wake up. Works wonders for hangovers too :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119588 on: March 21, 2017, 08:27:32 am »

Probably dehydration, have a drink of water before bed, or keep one handy to chug as soon as you wake up. Works wonders for hangovers too :D
Could be, I suppose.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #119589 on: March 21, 2017, 08:47:21 am »

Could be, I suppose.
Just take care not to give the computer a drink as well.... That could end badly.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119590 on: March 21, 2017, 08:50:58 am »

Right...
Sigtext

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #119591 on: March 21, 2017, 09:46:28 am »

A disintegrating imagined landscape? That's interesting. My imagination tends to conjure static images, usually revolving around a meaningful theme or symbol. (Man with sword against darkness, old person and child both smiling.) Wonder which of our approaches is more strange.
Oh not just landscapes, it's whatever I'm trying to focus on. It's also fairly inconsistent. Just now I was repeatedly trying to imagine a single image of a woman (it's actually a specific image I've seen several times recently). One time I got the whole image, but only for a second. Another time I could only picture the outline of their face, and another time only the eyes were clear to me. Sometimes focusing on something makes it harder to hold steady; whereas images that I don't really think about are more stable, and are even capable of motion, but disintegrate as I focus on them. It can be somewhat unpleasant. Once I was trying to generate faces of girls (not that I could easily generate male faces, but I only attempted to generate female ones for some particular reason) and it went over so poorly I couldn't even remember what female faces looked like at all. Couldn't even remember my mother's face, and she was just in the next room. When I remember things about an image (like a map, say), it's usually logical conclusions, like "Location X is to the right of Y" instead of actually being able to remember what the map looked like.

And yet I have no such problem with sound. Can clearly replicate any sound I can remember (can't remember every sound, but everything I can remember I remember perfectly), modulate it however I wish, and play it back as many times as I want. I can listen to songs in my head that seem just as good as listening to the real deal. It's a little difficult to do something like imagining my mother singing the Anthem of Springfield (from the Simpson's movie, which is to the tune of La Marseillaise), but it's doable, whereas I couldn't hope to imagine something like that visually.

This is on topic because it's pretty WTF on its own. No idea why it's like that at all. No idea if other people have it completely different.
Wow, that's pretty much the opposite of me. I can do sound alright, but static images are very easy for me to visualise. I couldn't tell you where x is in relation to y, but I can picture my mother's face very clearly despite not seeing her for a week. Same with nearly anything. If I can remember it, I can imagine it.

I suppose if someone were to ask me to describe each individual component separately it would fall apart, but as a whole there it is.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 03:21:33 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119593 on: March 21, 2017, 03:19:15 pm »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119594 on: March 21, 2017, 04:16:12 pm »

To be fair after a quick google of who that is,  I now want to be trick or treating age again so I can use that costume.  And I don't even know 40k.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 7971 7972 [7973] 7974 7975 ... 11037