Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7963 7964 [7965] 7966 7967 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14514951 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #119460 on: March 18, 2017, 06:58:21 am »

I just read 'autism' and skipped over the rest of his post because I assumed he was an EL who popped over from the -chan's.
I mean, I could take it at face value and assume he's talking about something really interesting and poignant, but it's much easier to assume he's a dick and not worth reading.

Ah... the good old days of forum conflict.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119461 on: March 18, 2017, 07:26:34 am »

I just read 'autism' and skipped over the rest of his post because I assumed he was an EL who popped over from the -chan's.

You wouldn't have been terribly wrong in that assumption, but that kind of thinking is exactly what is wrong in current discourse.  Congratulations for exemplifying that.

I do deliberately front-load my posts with the kind of language that discourages people whose opinions I don't care about from even reading them, though.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #119462 on: March 18, 2017, 07:31:53 am »

I was going to reply to Tack, but then went with a PM, but then this response happened and :I
Guys, stop fighting over assumptions. One side is annoyed by the unspoken context and assumed a rather bland intent. The other DID THAT for reasons unveiled now.

Seriously <_< You don't "load your comments with things that can be heavily taken out of context" and doesn't even belong in context in the first place--forums and discussion sites aren't aligned with what you're familiar with; Bay12 is connected internationally.

And nitpicking because you wrote 'autism' in a really misunderstood way doesn't help your, or anyone's, position in discussing. So too is being snarky to 'defend your [rather unspoken] niche' to 'weed out those you "don't care" about'. :-\

You can do a lot better than acting like that in going about with those ideas. Do not push error solely onto others when you do something without helping the other person as if to teach.
This is all pertinent to the thread.

Y'all can just discuss rather than laying mines in your post and feeling justified when people react...in a way in return.
It's a waste of a post to just be snappy that way.

Other than that. . .
Well this happened.  Again.
Again? :P
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 07:45:53 am by Tiruin »

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #119463 on: March 18, 2017, 07:42:18 am »

I do deliberately front-load my posts with the kind of language that discourages people whose opinions I don't care about from even reading them, though.

Somehow this stabs me.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119464 on: March 18, 2017, 07:57:13 am »

I like it. The "front-loading" thing, that is.   
Seems like an admiraladmirable way of going about one's online communications. I shall probably stick to directionless rambling myself, though.   

Edit: I typo'd "admiral" instead of "admirable". I just finished watching a movie involving a character named Akbar.
Coincidence?  :o   
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 07:59:03 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119465 on: March 18, 2017, 08:17:14 am »

So leading with what is basically a horrifying insult is a great way to separate the "wheat" from the "chaff" of people who'd reply.
Seems as though the only 'people whose opinions' they care about are those who get mad.
Seems like I was pretty justified in not touching any of the toxic shit that dude's putting down.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #119466 on: March 18, 2017, 12:16:01 pm »

All y'all need to take a chill pill and let it go.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119467 on: March 18, 2017, 12:17:44 pm »

So wait, calling someone autistic is a "horrifying insult"? You're sounding like an anti-vaccer who thinks that having an autistic child is worse than having a dead child. Never mind that it's just the latest in a centuries-long string of words taken from their context and used to call other people stupid. It's basically the same thing as write...friend &c., you're imposing a heavily negative meaning on a state of being which doesn't even remotely merit it, simply because some people use it as the latest standin for "I don't like you and I want to hurt your feelings".

This is part of why I take issue with single-issue "leftists" who want to suppress people who say things they don't like. Just fucking ignore the dumb shit they say. When you click onto some teenager using a condition they don't actually understand as a petty insult and act like it's some dagger through the heart, you're not only making the condition out to be terrible when it ain't, you're also encouraging people to troll you, because you've shown that you're hypersensitive and will fly off the handle over fools saying shit that you could and should have ignored. Don't give people that sort of power over you.

On the original subject, there's a world of difference between "gg" and "gg ez", ferex.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119468 on: March 18, 2017, 12:38:39 pm »

gg ez noobs git gud
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119469 on: March 18, 2017, 12:46:55 pm »

I was going to reply to Tack, but then went with a PM, but then this response happened and :I
Guys, stop fighting over assumptions. One side is annoyed by the unspoken context and assumed a rather bland intent. The other DID THAT for reasons unveiled now.

You're right.  It was a jerksauce remark I now regret.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #119470 on: March 18, 2017, 01:12:40 pm »

It happens :O Y'all are cool folks. :)

Had random thoughts going along an idea I remembered from a few years ago:
> Counseling is awesome. :P
While this was a 'skeleton realization' back when I started out in my studies, in between crossing the time of theory [studies/books/contained knowledge] and application, there's experience both from one's own life (first-hand) and from others, especially professionals in the field to get feedback and ideas from (second-hand?).
It's a very, very deep-er thing. In noticing the choices that lead people to counseling, plus the stigma that could be possible preventing folks who need it or who would generally benefit from it, and the application IRL that would really make it a choice for those who really want to do it -- compared to the uncertainty of 'I want to do it but...', as there is usually no buts considering all things in motion towards that profession. Especially in first-world countries. :O Really happy for the progress there.

And what surprises me is the awesomeness of seeing all these thoughts translated into things that are real, to think upon how people made it into a working system and from the roots in one area to be spread all throughout internationally, or from local going up. In the span of an hour, around 4 people can be accommodated on a busy timeframe, and considering an 8 hour day, the life of a counselor in universities, elementaries, and highschool is...something to really reflect on. All the people involved, thousands and thousands more. Just the tip of the iceberg.

That, and my writing coherence drops in the early morning >_> Hooray for excitement and activity making me awake. I'm really happy it's a Saturday Sunday.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119471 on: March 18, 2017, 01:18:00 pm »

On the original subject, there's a world of difference between "gg" and "gg ez", ferex.

I agree.  And also, I was actually being a jerk in my original etiquette response, partly for the fun irony of actually violating etiquette in a post talking about etiquette. 

But I shouldn't have done that here, and I'm sorry about that.

In general, the gg thing is intended well, and as an act of sportsmanship, and taking offense at a "gg" is usually an act of jerksmanship.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #119472 on: March 18, 2017, 01:51:22 pm »

I've developed the (Rather unsettling) habit of saying "not particularly" if my team and I got stomped in that match.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119473 on: March 18, 2017, 02:45:09 pm »

I was actually being a jerk in my original etiquette response, partly for the fun irony of actually violating etiquette in a post talking about etiquette.
Now that's just straight-up genius.
I admiral the hell outta that.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #119474 on: March 18, 2017, 03:18:55 pm »

I suppose that it would be more polite to comment on how the round went. Like "Man [An enemy opponent] is way too good" or "You guys almost won but then [Hanzo main] happened"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 7963 7964 [7965] 7966 7967 ... 11037