Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7952 7953 [7954] 7955 7956 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14513351 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #119295 on: March 14, 2017, 03:48:57 pm »

Did you forget to uncheck "live anaconda belt" when buying your car?
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119296 on: March 14, 2017, 03:49:55 pm »

This was my truck, so I assume the company cheaped out on that particular option :l
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #119297 on: March 14, 2017, 03:52:38 pm »

Beware the teasing seatbelt mimic. Its kink is not yours.

but it might be mine ;D
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119298 on: March 14, 2017, 04:14:54 pm »

My gpa's truck had the same problem, it was maddening.  I usually had to unfasten it and let it spool all the way back down.  I didn't worry about cops seeing, but it was still uncomfortable to be without the belt for a few moments.
Probably since I've been in an accident where it potentially saved me (as passenger) and haven't been pulled over for not wearing one.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #119299 on: March 14, 2017, 04:35:55 pm »

I used to never wear seat belts, but one day for no particular reason I started, and have ever since. Why? I never really thought about it, I just put it on one day, and kept doing so... Kinda weird now that I think about it.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #119300 on: March 14, 2017, 05:35:37 pm »

It is a good thing, don't question it too much.

Autocorrect tried to change that to "isn't"... robot takeover when?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #119301 on: March 14, 2017, 05:44:21 pm »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119302 on: March 14, 2017, 05:53:55 pm »

Well I usually called him papa because he wasn't my dad's real father, but he married my gma.
I hope that clarifies everything :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119303 on: March 14, 2017, 06:07:13 pm »

Though yeah... Shadows of Mordor... The story was the worst part of the game.

Its like a million times better if you call the elf guy Celebrimbro. 

Celebrimbro always had my back when I was in trouble.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119304 on: March 14, 2017, 06:09:20 pm »

Though yeah... Shadows of Mordor... The story was the worst part of the game.

Its like a million times better if you call the elf guy Celebrimbro. 

Celebrimbro always had my back when I was in trouble.

Mental note permanently added.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119305 on: March 14, 2017, 07:11:50 pm »

'Course, as a broader thing goes, I'd probably argue pretty cheerfully against mandatory sentencing for anything, at the absolute least so far as felony classification and incarceration time goes. Shit seems to cause more problems than it solves pretty consistently, and often enough by a pretty sizeable margin. Be willing to lay good odds we'd be better off just without the damned stuff.

Mandatory sentencing is also a sneaky way of divesting judges of their decisional roles and putting it in the hands of prosecutors, who can easily manipulate the ultimate sentence by just deciding what of the many charges they have at their disposal to use, thus giving the judge the role of an accountant pushing buttons on a calculator to get a sentence, rather than reaching a decision that actually fits the crime.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #119306 on: March 14, 2017, 07:51:18 pm »

While there are many problems with minimum sentencing, that is not one of them. Prosecuters don't pick charges - a grand jury does that. Judges are not bound by the charges that are given - a judge can throw out any charge he or she feels like as long as it is in favor of the defendant.  A judge can throw out a conviction if they feel it is inappropriate. Besides, in many states sentencing isn't the judge's domain in the first place - a jury does that, with the judge having final review.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #119307 on: March 14, 2017, 08:13:11 pm »

Judges are not bound by the charges that are given - a judge can throw out any charge he or she feels like as long as it is in favor of the defendant.  A judge can throw out a conviction if they feel it is inappropriate. Besides, in many states sentencing isn't the judge's domain in the first place - a jury does that, with the judge having final review.
While this is true, the standards for it occurring are so extreme it almost never happens and so isn't a check on minimum sentencing. For a judge to throw out a sentence they have to affirm something far beyond no shadow of a doubt - they have to affirm that no reasonable jury is possible that would have delivered a conviction. We're talking the defendant is black and there's video evidence of him standing in the foreground as someone else commits the crime in the background and half the jury are wearing white hoods while one of them spent half the trial mouthing "gonna git you boy" at the defendant over and over again for hours.

It just doesn't come up a lot.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119308 on: March 15, 2017, 12:22:56 am »

I love LOTR lore but holy shit it's not very video game ready.

Whaat? I remember playing LOTR the third age and having my party stand on the top of the top of barad-dur hitting the big eye with a sword.
Sounds like pure canon right there.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119309 on: March 15, 2017, 12:43:43 am »

Well Canadian law has changed

Now companies are REQUIRED to prove unlimited internet packages AND to increase their speeds 10 fold.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/12/21/crtc-unlimited-internet_n_13775040.html

That is... if I understand the article.

For people who don't know... Canada has terrible internet (and cellphone) services. We are known as a third world country as far as internet is concerned. Having some of the slowest and most expensive internet in the world simply because we gave our internet to two monopolies.

So where some places give unlimited AND free internet. We do not.

In fact they tried to pass legislation that would ban unlimited internet not to long ago... and it was taken down. This should tell you what power internet providers wield.

Now of course our internet providers can still gouge us... or do what some companies do and provide poor internet if you go over their limit. Yet this is still a good step forward.
Pages: 1 ... 7952 7953 [7954] 7955 7956 ... 11037