Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7951 7952 [7953] 7954 7955 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14513234 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #119280 on: March 14, 2017, 08:55:40 am »

I hold a funeral for each tab that I close.

That makes me basically Mao, I guess.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119281 on: March 14, 2017, 11:22:24 am »

Slightly disappointed?
More like moderately disappointed!

Way to spoil it bro
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119282 on: March 14, 2017, 12:13:46 pm »

Meh, that's a game that I didn't play for the ending.  The story was pretty good, but it's the gameplay I really liked.
I thought the ending was appropriately cinematic though *shrug*
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119283 on: March 14, 2017, 12:15:24 pm »

Slightly disappointed? The penultimate boss is a stealth cheese, and the final boss is a QTE!

It's deeper than that. You're so powerful by even just the early midgame that there's basically nothing that can kill you besides an overwhelmingly big mob, like 40+ enemies big, and even that isn't a sure thing. And in case you do bite off more than you can chew the only thing easier than winning a fight is escaping one, or just doing whatever you needed to do without starting one in the first place.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119284 on: March 14, 2017, 12:25:14 pm »

Slightly disappointed? The penultimate boss is a stealth cheese, and the final boss is a QTE!

It's deeper than that. You're so powerful by even just the early midgame that there's basically nothing that can kill you besides an overwhelmingly big mob, like 40+ enemies big, and even that isn't a sure thing. And in case you do bite off more than you can chew the only thing easier than winning a fight is escaping one, or just doing whatever you needed to do without starting one in the first place.

I am a LOTR fan. Like, multiple study reads through the Silmarillion kind of fan.

I enjoyed it. I felt that they captured the outright bloodthirsty and amoral nature of mordor and orcs to a tee. I prepared myself beforehand for stupid plot BS, so it didn't hurt when it happened.

I also wasn't surprised by the QTE event for the last boss. The game was more about the journey than the ending, much like LOTR as a whole.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #119285 on: March 14, 2017, 12:31:16 pm »

I kinda gave up on it partway trough, mostly because I was sick and tired of every single plotline ever leading to the same fucking thing, the ring, sauron and fucking gollum (seriously, it's like the goddamn thing has a contract of having to appear in everything LotR related until the end of time). Aside from that the whole nemesis system got kinda boring after a while since it was a revolving door of the same five dudes getting murdered and then coming back even more annoying than before.

Don't get me wrong, the game is pretty damn fun all in all, but just like the Arkham series it kinda overstays the welcome and could be half as long without losing anything overly important.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #119286 on: March 14, 2017, 12:33:52 pm »

You can tone down on the Player OP-ness a bit by cranking up the difficulty and removing the little "this enemy is attacking" symbols above orc heads.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #119287 on: March 14, 2017, 12:45:44 pm »

Note quite true. There's one combination of attributes that turns a ranged orc into an absolute one shot poisonous kill tank. My nemesis was that way, I killed that fecker so many times, in so many ways.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119288 on: March 14, 2017, 12:58:59 pm »

You can tone down on the Player OP-ness a bit by cranking up the difficulty and removing the little "this enemy is attacking" symbols above orc heads.
I chose to keep those symbols, but I avoid using some of the more powerful options (shadow strike, the "ults", and sometimes even branding).  I usually play the challenge modes now, where the real challenge is speed.  I also *really* like the one challenge where you play as the human, with one life, and a bonus for not branding anyone.
Some captains are almost invulnerable if you don't brand their soldiers, but only almost...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #119289 on: March 14, 2017, 02:40:06 pm »

Even though it's the middle of March, winter came. Winter came all over the lawn, the deck, the roof,  the driveway, everything. It's up to my waist and it's still. Snowing. I shoveled/snowblower'd (snowblew?) the deck twenty minutes ago and it's already built up like three inches.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #119290 on: March 14, 2017, 02:52:02 pm »

I can't believe it...

I love... the Lord of the Rings... I like games set in its universe, I think it is fairly creative in how it borrows from a wide source of mythology right down to its style.

Yet... Middle-Earth Shadows of Mordor.

I actually found myself arguing... No... HOPING that they breeze through or even skip all the Lord of the Rings stuff like Sauron and the Ring Wraiths... Because the Orcs are just so well done in that game, well potentially, that it just doesn't compare.

I mean... Sauron is a static villain. Yet that Warchief? Yeah he just got a new Ax.

I love LOTR lore but holy shit it's not very video game ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119291 on: March 14, 2017, 03:06:07 pm »

Opps I mean shadows of war.

Though yeah... Shadows of Mordor... The story was the worst part of the game.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119292 on: March 14, 2017, 03:16:05 pm »

Even though it's the middle of March, winter came. Winter came all over the lawn, the deck, the roof,  the driveway, everything. It's up to my waist and it's still. Snowing. I shoveled/snowblower'd (snowblew?) the deck twenty minutes ago and it's already built up like three inches.

We were supposed to get a blizzard over here, even lost a day of work for it, but it simply rained slush all day.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119293 on: March 14, 2017, 03:32:53 pm »

My seatbelt tried to kill me today.

Damn thing kept locking up while I was driving. I'd lean back in my seat to try and get the tension mechanism to loosen up, but it just kept locking into its newer, tighter configuration. It eventually got so bad that I couldn't even keep my rear on the chair; seatbelt had constricted to the point that it had basically pinned me to the back of the chair and was beginning to make it difficult to draw breath.

Was about ready to pop the seatbelt off and hope that I could get it back on before a cop saw me, but I guess at that point it had retracted as far as it would go and it immediately loosened up.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #119294 on: March 14, 2017, 03:47:47 pm »

Beware the teasing seatbelt mimic. Its kink is not yours.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 7951 7952 [7953] 7954 7955 ... 11037