Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7943 7944 [7945] 7946 7947 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14510437 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #119160 on: March 09, 2017, 06:02:06 pm »

There was probably a lawyer in the jury
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #119161 on: March 09, 2017, 07:28:58 pm »

Sadly, he lost the case, and the judge is still deciding whether to hold him in contempt of court.

In other WTFery, my stepdad literally just blamed Obamacare for the fact the painkillers his friend gave him didn't work instantaneously. His friend suggested he take more.
Incoming shitpost :P
Take the whole bottle, and get a Darwin Award nomination!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119162 on: March 09, 2017, 07:58:43 pm »

Sadly, he lost the case, and the judge is still deciding whether to hold him in contempt of court.

In other WTFery, my stepdad literally just blamed Obamacare for the fact the painkillers his friend gave him didn't work instantaneously. His friend suggested he take more.
Incoming shitpost :P
Take the whole bottle, and get a Darwin Award nomination!

Can't feel pain, if you aren't alive

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119163 on: March 09, 2017, 09:28:53 pm »

Great, now I seem to have lost access to my Steam account following two update restarts. Tried to reset my password, but now it's refusing the new password. Trying again, but still waiting on the verification code to be sent via text message.

PRE-EDIT: Nope, second reset attempt is still saying I have an incorrect password.

EDIT: Okay, finally got it back. It seems that an underscore in my account name is never shown anywhere, including when it was auto-typed into the login page. I had to remember that, and type it in manually.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 09:37:32 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #119164 on: March 10, 2017, 04:39:37 pm »

I found a really cool looking STALKER CoP mod today, so of course I tried to download it. Unfortunately it seems to be 3GB in size, and the only download option is via HTTP from a fairly slow server.

Normally I would use wget in this case because it is smart enough to download files over several sessions, so when the connection drops I can get it going again without losing progress. Unfortunately the sites serving this thing A) try as hard as they can to hide the "real" URL for the file, requiring me to click through several pages, then wait for "your download to start automatically". Once I finally get the URL and feed it to wget all seems well, until I realize that the URL times out fairly quickly, so I need to go grab a fresh URL several times depending on how often the net connection hiccups.

Just to make my life complete some garbage got injected into the middle of the file somewhere (probably one of the times when the connection failed), so now I have to download the thing again.

Oh well, at least the server supports partial transfers, if it didn't I would be truly hosed...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #119165 on: March 10, 2017, 10:56:18 pm »

... I don't think I've ever been as frustrated or enthralled by the system of a game I'm not playing as I am with breath of the wild's cooking system. There is some serious shit going on with that stuff, but I can't play the game to experiment myself nor can I find someone that's actually figuring out what the hell's going on with the thing instead of compiling goddamn recipe lists or giving up after figuring out one or two mechanics, and it's starting to drive me up the wall.

Quite possibly the worst part is that the more gameplay I watch, the more it looks like there's friggin' hints scattered all over the bloody game, as well as stuff that's actually wrong. Frakking Nintendo has apparently made a freaking alchemy system and appears to have somehow managed to basically disguise it. Which is just sodding incredible, even for that particular game which is full of all sorts of incredible.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119166 on: March 11, 2017, 12:12:57 am »

... I don't think I've ever been as frustrated or enthralled by the system of a game I'm not playing as I am with breath of the wild's cooking system. There is some serious shit going on with that stuff, but I can't play the game to experiment myself nor can I find someone that's actually figuring out what the hell's going on with the thing instead of compiling goddamn recipe lists or giving up after figuring out one or two mechanics, and it's starting to drive me up the wall.

I'm not playing it either but I've seen comparisons to the cooking system in Don't Starve.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #119167 on: March 11, 2017, 12:22:29 am »

My WTF for the day is addiction. Sometimes I get it and I can keep things controlled. Some days I can drink most of a half gallon of vodka in 8~ hours. I am fully aware of it's power and the dangers and risk factors, and yet it still surprises me at times it truly shouldn't.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119168 on: March 11, 2017, 12:26:01 am »

....That doesn't sound healthy.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119169 on: March 11, 2017, 12:28:04 am »

Addictions don't tend to be.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119170 on: March 11, 2017, 12:33:27 am »

...Yeah.

Note to self:Stop posting in the middle of the night while tired.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #119171 on: March 11, 2017, 01:01:20 am »

It's 1 AM and I am drunk from one glass of vodka. My alcohol tolerance is shot.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119172 on: March 11, 2017, 03:36:40 am »

Naw that is normal.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119173 on: March 11, 2017, 05:01:32 am »

Don't worry mang, it'll come back to you. Did you remember to eat? Were you tired beforehand?
Plenty of factors can affect your alcohol tolerance!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #119174 on: March 11, 2017, 05:05:12 am »

Slightly carbonated, slightly sweetened iced coffee is the most neutrally offensive substance I've had in a while. Somehow not even in a bad way. It's bitter, sour, and sweet all at once, with a coffee aftertaste. It really doesn't actually taste like coffee immediately. And yet, I keep drinking it. O_o

Also, my touchpad seems to have just given up the ghost. Weird.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 7943 7944 [7945] 7946 7947 ... 11037