Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7930 7931 [7932] 7933 7934 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14504491 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #118965 on: March 05, 2017, 02:38:56 pm »

Yeaaah, there was a fairly domesticated deer in my area at one point. Someone had got it young and basically raised it. Very friendly, totes let you pet it.

It eventually got turned into venison. Turns out getting deer used to humans gets deer eaten.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #118966 on: March 05, 2017, 02:57:53 pm »

Deer of the number one most deadly animal in North America. They're responsible for more human deaths than anything else as far as the animal kingdom is concerned. It's a truly bad idea to try and feed a deer especially a buck. That being said any beer can kill you. People seem to forget that they're wild animals with violent and dangerous instincts.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118967 on: March 05, 2017, 03:02:54 pm »

Okay this story I know I've told before, but not in this context.

Eventually the kind old lady moved away, and my mom and brother lived there.  They stopped feeding the deer (my mom is ecologically conscious) but the deer kept coming, because it's a large grassy yard and presumably they'd learned it was a safe place.

At one point it got too grassy, and our cat Luki (with them at the time) stalked through the brush...  And scared the hell out of a freakin buck, leaping at him while he was grazing.  My brother says the buck ran straight to the woodline, and she seemed very satisfied afterward.

Also, geese.  SO MANY geese.  Mom eventually let my brother shoot at them with a BB gun just to drive them off, because the volume of "goose-grease" was becoming troublesome.
Unlike the squirrels raiding my dad's pecans, which I engaged under similar terms, I don't think any geese were felled.
Also, squirrel tastes like gamey chicken.  Not bad.

...I'm apparently very nostalgic today.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #118968 on: March 05, 2017, 03:06:13 pm »

That being said any beer can kill you.
Hanslanda confirmed prohibitionist. :P
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #118969 on: March 05, 2017, 03:17:25 pm »

Deer of the number one most deadly animal in North America. They're responsible for more human deaths than anything else as far as the animal kingdom is concerned. It's a truly bad idea to try and feed a deer especially a buck. That being said any beer can kill you. People seem to forget that they're wild animals with violent and dangerous instincts.
Very few of the deaths by deer are from deer attacks, though :P

That said, most deer you can approach are ones that are effectively domesticated, critters very acclimated to being around humans and not really considering them a threat. Chances of them doing something violent is quite low, and they're very primed for retreat over conflict regardless... could probably peg them as barely as or no more dangerous than your average horse, really (which is a word of caution as much as anything, to be fair, since a horse very much will kill your ass if you don't approach it correctly). Still probably don't want to mess with one, and indeed particularly not an adult buck, but that's largely more for the deer's benefit than anything. As mentioned, the deer that doesn't fear man is the deer than gets eaten by man, especially ones that aren't kept in an enclosure.

That's less true for wholly wild ones, but again, you're probably not going to get close to those. Not unless it's badly injured or somethin'.
Ask not!
Ask!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118970 on: March 05, 2017, 03:18:43 pm »

We just got hit by a friggin hailstorm, of all things. WTF weather?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #118971 on: March 05, 2017, 03:28:53 pm »

My wtf for the day, the voice recognition technology on my phone is actually making me speak more clearly and with less of an accent. Because apparently when I say deer it sounds like beer and when I say accent it sounds like accident.

Also I'm about as far from prohibitionist as you can possibly get. I have a half gallon of vodka a fifth of rum and a case of beer at home for my own personal use and I have to refresh those pretty regularly. :p
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118973 on: March 05, 2017, 08:57:59 pm »

I don't get it. It's a white stealth bomber. What's so special about that?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118974 on: March 05, 2017, 09:02:30 pm »

Russian 'да' means "I agree with what you say, you are right", Russian 'нет' means "I disagree with what you say, you are wrong", while English 'yes' means "What you say reflects the actual state of things" and English 'no' means "What you say does not reflect the actual state of things." On the surface, there may seem to be no difference between the approaches of the two languages, but, actually, that is not so. In Russian, if I ask you, "Ты его не знаешь?" and you answer "Да." it means you do not know the person. But in English, if I ask you, "Don't you know him?" your "Yes" answer would mean you do know the person. Am I right? In Russian one can say "Да, я его не знаю," but in English one cannot say, "Yes, I don't know him," one has to say, "No, I don't know him." This means sometimes Russian 'да' is translated to English as 'yes', but sometimes, when it is the confirmation of a negation, as 'no.'
what
the
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #118975 on: March 05, 2017, 09:03:28 pm »

I think what Sergarr meant was "stealth technology (as in radar-absorbing materials and angled surfaces)". An idiot would claim that a black stealth bomber is stealthy because it's harder to see in the night sky, but a white stealth bomber that's still sneaky would disprove that hypothesis.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118976 on: March 05, 2017, 09:08:37 pm »

but in English one cannot say, "Yes, I don't know him," one has to say, "No, I don't know him."
I know people who say it both ways. Because !!English!!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118977 on: March 05, 2017, 09:13:36 pm »

I think what Sergarr meant was "stealth technology (as in radar-absorbing materials and angled surfaces)". An idiot would claim that a black stealth bomber is stealthy because it's harder to see in the night sky, but a white stealth bomber that's still sneaky would disprove that hypothesis.
While this is a good version, what I've actually meant, if you look at the picture's file name, you can see that it's a mock-up of PAK-DA, i.e. Russian super-bomber in development. And it is made for stealth. There has been this persistent conspiracy theory in Russia that stealth doesn't work against long wavelength radars or some shit and is thus completely useless, but, well, if Russia itself is building stealth bombers, this disproves said conspiracy theory.

Russian 'да' means "I agree with what you say, you are right", Russian 'нет' means "I disagree with what you say, you are wrong", while English 'yes' means "What you say reflects the actual state of things" and English 'no' means "What you say does not reflect the actual state of things." On the surface, there may seem to be no difference between the approaches of the two languages, but, actually, that is not so. In Russian, if I ask you, "Ты его не знаешь?" and you answer "Да." it means you do not know the person. But in English, if I ask you, "Don't you know him?" your "Yes" answer would mean you do know the person. Am I right? In Russian one can say "Да, я его не знаю," but in English one cannot say, "Yes, I don't know him," one has to say, "No, I don't know him." This means sometimes Russian 'да' is translated to English as 'yes', but sometimes, when it is the confirmation of a negation, as 'no.'
what
the
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Huh, never noticed that difference before. Interesting.
._.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118978 on: March 05, 2017, 09:15:23 pm »

While this is a good version, what I've actually meant, if you look at the picture's file name, you can see that it's a mock-up of PAK-DA, i.e. Russian super-bomber in development. And it is made for stealth. There has been this persistent conspiracy theory in Russia that stealth doesn't work against long wavelength radars or some shit and is thus completely useless, but, well, if Russia itself is building stealth bombers, this disproves said conspiracy theory.
that's exactly what they want you to think!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #118979 on: March 05, 2017, 09:34:52 pm »

Mind you, it doesn't actually disprove said theories, exactly. There's plenty of reasons (*coughcorruptioncough*) something that doesn't really work could be being developed.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 7930 7931 [7932] 7933 7934 ... 11037