Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7928 7929 [7930] 7931 7932 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14504507 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #118935 on: March 04, 2017, 05:43:16 pm »

Norweegia
Silly, everybody knows that that's where Gah! is from. <3
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118936 on: March 04, 2017, 05:44:56 pm »

Besides maybe a project in Primary School where we had to make a poster about randomly assigned Countries (I think I got India), I never had Geography class.

As expected, my Geography sucks.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118937 on: March 04, 2017, 05:54:07 pm »

Spoiler for "Logan" ending.

I pay attention. Is bullcrap. Is what I am hating about it. Is completely against comic sources. See also, is bullcrap. Screw movie.

I pay attention to movie. Movie no pay attention to comic.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118938 on: March 04, 2017, 11:58:54 pm »

Ok sorry... but I saw this review in "For Honor" and I LOOOOVE IT!

Note: I don't own For Honor... I don't play For Honor... and I barely know about it. So don't harass me!

It does hit a lot of notes that bug me. Such as the "subpar package with DLC there to hold things up, because it does a poor job on its own".

Even if the review is completely inaccurate or accurate... I just love it! (I didn't give it a helpful or unhelpful mind you... I don't scour reviews just to harass people... Like you know... people who own titles do)... Seriously game owners STOP FREEKEN doing that! You are there to gauge how helpful or unhelpful a review is... Not how much it slams into a game you hate or doesn't laud over your beloved digital child! And NO! people do not have to give MORE info just because they have a negative review of a popular game or a game you like... They are giving a review, not a comprehensive essay on the objective and empirical qualities bestowed from the heavens.

NOR does a game being terrible for everyone else require people to talk down to a game they love either.

Seriously... Steam users are garbage sometimes... Now I understand why Rotten Tomatoes just a "Did you like it? Yes, no?" system (which people fail to understand the majority of the time)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 12:06:16 am by Neonivek »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #118939 on: March 05, 2017, 03:23:14 am »

Yes, a lot of Steam users are garbage, but y'know what? Steam reviews currently are the only reviews which I trust, partially because it comes from fellow gamers, and not just some "professional reviewer" I've never heard about and don't care about. Plus you can't write negative reviews for, let's say, CoD without actually owning it. Metacritic, IIRC, doesn't care if you have the game or not, so you can write negative review for the game you hate, yet don't actually played. There are not a lot of the reviews on Steam which are simply "THIS GAME SUCKS!", thanks to the requirement of owning the actual game, because no sane individual would purchase the game just for the sake of writing "THIS GAME SUCKS!". Steam reviews which are displayed on top of store page of the game tend to be objective and almost always written by people who know a lot about the game/genre/video games in general. There's still a lot of poorly-written reviews, which are either just furious fap or equally furious hate, but most reviews displayed on the top of store page are quite objective and civil.

@ Neonivek

I've seen reviews with restaurant theme before. IIRC, there was review in the same style about Fallout 4, but it was in Russian.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118940 on: March 05, 2017, 03:37:17 am »

I prefer to watch the game in question in order to make an opinion about it, or at least read the walkthrough on mechanics. Normal reviews are simply not informative enough.
._.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118941 on: March 05, 2017, 03:57:49 am »

So I just watched a movie, and was mildly surprised to see an actress from a film I watched just the other night, whom I'd never seen in anything before that. But now, looking at the film's info on IMDB, I realise why the director's name seemed familiar: he directed a film I quite enjoyed a while ago (on Netflix, but I'd wanted to see it for some time before they added it), and whom I actually went to the trouble of reading an interview with.

One thing I remember him mentioning in said interview was his intention to do a film with a large studio in the near future... that film (and interview) was in 2015, the one I watched tonight only just came out... as a Netflix Original. I feel like I have my finger entirely unintentionally on the pulse, goddamn.

Edit: Wait, no, the guy didn't direct it. He just starred in the earlier film and was a friend of the director. I thought he was the director for some reason... this whole thing confuses the heck out of me. There's so much overlap between films made in that part of the world. >.>   
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 04:00:39 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #118942 on: March 05, 2017, 07:39:21 am »

So... your finger was so far off the pulse that you were unintentionally copping a feel?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118943 on: March 05, 2017, 08:13:50 am »

I have no issue with negative reviews of games I like.... Just yours :p.
That guy's was hilarious and poignant.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #118944 on: March 05, 2017, 10:03:11 am »

For the last few days, I've been setting my alarm to 09:00 before I sleep. I kept waking up a few hours after that with my phone partially under my pillow and the alarm disabled. So obviously I've been disabling it in my sleep. So I set out of reach this time. Still disabled. For fuck's sake, I'm in vacation right now, but I'll need to actually wake up when the alarm rings soon.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #118945 on: March 05, 2017, 10:07:45 am »

Sometimes you have to go further than just out of reach, heh. Other side of the room, in something that takes attention to get open, that sort of thing. All else fails, you can tape a tack or two onto whatever button(s) disable the alarm.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #118946 on: March 05, 2017, 10:28:33 am »

I prefer to watch the game in question in order to make an opinion about it, or at least read the walkthrough on mechanics. Normal reviews are simply not informative enough.

I prefer to go the route Jim Sterling seems to think reasonable and buy every game that I find even remotely interesting then whine that Steam isn't spoonfeeding me and changing my diapers when it turns out I bought a bad game.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118947 on: March 05, 2017, 10:44:57 am »

WTF even is the Finnish language.
I mean, "Ja kääriytyy tiukemmin Bossin buustereihin"? WTF is such a jumble of letters supposed to communicate? O-O   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #118948 on: March 05, 2017, 10:55:52 am »

Any language you don't understand is going to look like a jumble of random letters.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118949 on: March 05, 2017, 11:25:57 am »

Unless it's a Romance language, anyway.  They have serious pronunciation quirks but I wouldn't even call German a jumble.
I could specify "If you speak a Romance language" but that seems redundant here, also I like implying silly stupid things like "Romance languages are just correct".  Though I have to point out the sarcasm because some people would actually believe that...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 7928 7929 [7930] 7931 7932 ... 11037