Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7916 7917 [7918] 7919 7920 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14507834 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #118755 on: February 28, 2017, 05:54:20 am »

When I'm looking at Teneb's forum avatar, I want to give a head massage with gel to a dude depicted on it. His bald head is not shiny enough but still looks quite sexy. He simply needs some gel for the head in order to look sexier.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #118756 on: February 28, 2017, 08:07:44 am »

My sinus feel like they have needles nails fucking railroad spikes driven through them.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #118757 on: February 28, 2017, 09:54:38 am »

Those simple pleasures are so good, when you're living in a shared space.
Honestly. The worst part of dorm life on the niggling annoyances side of things was always feeling obliged to hurry in the restroom and shower.
My trick was just showering at like four in the morning, personally. Take all the time you please, none of those other blighters are going to be awake. Though it did help I had roomies that'd sleep through it/the bathrooms had good sound insulation. After a bit you could usually time non-shower bathroom incursions to when the applicable folks weren't going to be there, too, 'least so long as you had fairly asynchronous class schedules.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118758 on: February 28, 2017, 10:33:54 am »

Those simple pleasures are so good, when you're living in a shared space.
Honestly. The worst part of dorm life on the niggling annoyances side of things was always feeling obliged to hurry in the restroom and shower.
My trick was just showering at like four in the morning, personally. Take all the time you please, none of those other blighters are going to be awake. Though it did help I had roomies that'd sleep through it/the bathrooms had good sound insulation. After a bit you could usually time non-shower bathroom incursions to when the applicable folks weren't going to be there, too, 'least so long as you had fairly asynchronous class schedules.
Yeah, no, walls are paper and most of mine were still up watching trashy TV at that hour.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #118759 on: February 28, 2017, 10:34:52 am »

When I'm looking at Teneb's forum avatar, I want to give a head massage with gel to a dude depicted on it. His bald head is not shiny enough but still looks quite sexy. He simply needs some gel for the head in order to look sexier.
/thread
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118760 on: February 28, 2017, 10:36:17 am »

So
Is random attraction to bald figures making faces a normal russian thing?

That would explain a lot of things actualy.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118761 on: February 28, 2017, 10:37:35 am »

Copypaste from EU thread:

In other news, the head of the swedish "ambulance union" is asking that body armor and helmets be provided for paramedics because they're often exposed to violence (up to and including fucking hand grenades) and that no-go zones are very much a reality for them.

O.o

To quote Trump, what the hell is going on over there?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #118762 on: February 28, 2017, 10:39:25 am »

So
Is random attraction to bald figures making faces a normal russian thing?

That would explain a lot of things actualy.

Expect I don't like Putin at all.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #118763 on: February 28, 2017, 10:43:19 am »

In other news, the head of the swedish "ambulance union" is asking that body armor and helmets be provided for paramedics because they're often exposed to violence (up to and including fucking hand grenades) and that no-go zones are very much a reality for them.

O.o

Prbbly the only time I've ever 100% agreed with what trump's said. Can anyone shed real light on this?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118764 on: February 28, 2017, 10:49:32 am »

O.o

Prbbly the only time I've ever 100% agreed with what trump's said. Can anyone shed real light on this?

I don't think Trump has responded to that specific thing, but he's definetly said some variant of "What's going on over there" in regards to Europe and it's immigration crisis. I'm as clueless about it as you are though and I don't know how bad the problem actually is.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #118765 on: February 28, 2017, 01:03:13 pm »

Is information just not being published or what? Like, I think I'd be hearing about people trying to blow up paramedics in Sweden.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118766 on: February 28, 2017, 01:31:03 pm »

Swedish media does self-censor/ingore things like that, because it would be beneficial to the Swedish Democrats. That's not as true as it was when that article was written but it's still a thing.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118767 on: February 28, 2017, 01:44:10 pm »

It is possible they mean that perhaps Paramedics should receive bodyarmor in, for example, hostage or shootout situations.

Because they often have to go into the very same areas the Swedish version of SWAT have to go in.

So in THEORY... Perhaps Sweedish Paramedics aren't kept at the sidelines until it is perfectly safe like American ones.

---

But if you want to laugh at Sweeden remember! there was a genuine push in the USA for Taxi Drivers to get bullet proof glass because of how often they were shot.

Sure, you can see the problems with that statement... but remember Sweeden wouldn't know that.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 01:45:42 pm by Neonivek »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118768 on: February 28, 2017, 02:08:11 pm »

Spoiler: The drama. (click to show/hide)
Good job Yamserigo(#1048). Good. Job.
Spoiler: Bonus ducks (click to show/hide)

I almost inhaled my cookie laughing.

Also, I took EMT training in the US. Our professor who was a Paramedic for 40 years stressed multiple times that it is a physically dangerous job. He had guns pointed at him on multiple occasions, for instance where someone calls 911 for gunfire/gunshot related injuries and the dude who shot someone comes back or is still around. Surprise!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 02:09:54 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #118769 on: February 28, 2017, 02:19:30 pm »

We ( the global population) are watching 1 billion hours of Twitter, each day.
Imagine how much more productive we could be without Twitter, and with a good drill sergeant.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 7916 7917 [7918] 7919 7920 ... 11037