Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7913 7914 [7915] 7916 7917 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14509178 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #118710 on: February 27, 2017, 01:45:04 am »

Mad Max was amazing tho...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #118712 on: February 27, 2017, 02:07:24 am »

Mad Max was amazing tho...

Pfft. It was visually amazing, but it was very underwhelming otherwise.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118713 on: February 27, 2017, 04:06:51 am »

I was going through some papers of mine, and found that I have evidently written a song while quite drunk at some point. It is a Dwarf Fortress song, but it appears to be based on the intro of the old Winnie the Pooh cartoon. Of all things.

My Little Urist, part of Silverthrone's Greatest Hits. Coming soon, to a copyright infringement trial near you.

Post! Post!

Well, can do. I am awfully sorry...
It is entirely in foreign, I fear, but I think it might be amusing nonetheless, with translation provided.

The song on which it is a terrible rip-off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQcWSmL9HNI

Jag är på väg, för jag skall möta, min allra bästa dvärg.
(I'm on my way, for I'm going to meet, my very best dwarf.)
   Så kort, full och skäggig, han är ganska läbbig,
(So short, drunk and beardy, he is rather creepy)
   Min Urist, min lille Urist!
(My Urist, my little Urist!)
   Vill ha något gott! Dricker sitt svampbrännvin!
(Want something good! Drinks his mushroom vodka!)
   Urist, min lille Urist! Brännvin är jättegott! Men sedan får dvärgar brått!
(Urist, my little Urist! Vodka is really good! But then the dwarves are in a hurry!)
   Äventyr väntar snart, skrämmande, det är klart! Hur skall han klara det här?
(Adventures await soon, frightening, of course! How will he manage this?)
   Han får en idé, och rätt snart skall du se, att allting är möjligt, för min lille vän!
(He gets an idea, and quite soon you will see, that everything is possible, for my little friend!)
   Åh, Urist, min lille Urist! Han finns alltid där! Han är min trogne slav!
(Oh, Urist, my little Urist! He's always there! He is my faithful slave!)
   Urist, min tappre Urist! Och här är han nu! Min käraste vän Urist-uuu..!
(Urist, my stalwart Urist! And here he is now! My dearest friend Urist-uuu..!)

I can only apologise at this point. It really does not scan very well. And yet, I am quite happy with it. It is dwarfy. If there was a Dwarf Fortress cartoon series, it would be the opening titles, without a doubt.

I was really fond of that Winnie the Pooh show, see (I remember that mother was quite the fan, as well, which indicate some genuine quality). I really enjoy that awful intro, and I am not particularly surprised I d0rfed it up for a lark while drunk.

Älskar't. Plus ett.
Love, scriver~

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #118714 on: February 27, 2017, 08:49:50 am »

We watched this for Italian class. I was confused.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zTEhP9xQw8
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118715 on: February 27, 2017, 09:24:53 am »

I have come into possession of an ancient Soviet sunlamp.

It has the design of a doomsday device, weighs like ten kilos, and emits a very distinctive smell of Eau de Hospital Ward when powered. It is quite probable that prolonged exposure to its UV mode results in several kinds of cancer previously unknown to medicine. It also has an IR mode, which is facilitated by means of a few coils of wire heating to a very, very high temperature.

Despite all that, it is kind of odd to me as some objects are. You know, sometimes you encounter things that make you realize that "design" wasn't invented in the West in the late eighties, but is kind of an inherent aspect of engineering and production? It really is a beautiful device, if somewhat horrifying to be around.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #118716 on: February 27, 2017, 09:31:45 am »

So, I watched two movies recently.

Arrival and John Wick 2.

John Wick 2 I was excited about because it was supposed to be a bit longer than the first, and thus would theoretically expound on some of the more interesting themes of its predecessor- which was one of the better action movies I'd seen.

Arrival I had misgivings about because everyone around me was talking about it being an amazing sci-fi film, and the last time they did that was for Interstellar- which I maintain is a movie that is much better MST3K'd than seriously watched.

John Wick 2 was disappointing. Great action. Way too much of it. There are only so many headshots you can make before it gets old.

Arrival was fantastic, and was the best Eldritch Sci-fi I've ever seen.  Also one of the best standard sci-fi movies I've seen.

Stop playing with my emotions, world.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #118717 on: February 27, 2017, 10:02:50 am »

I have come into possession of an ancient Soviet sunlamp.

It has the design of a doomsday device, weighs like ten kilos, and emits a very distinctive smell of Eau de Hospital Ward when powered. It is quite probable that prolonged exposure to its UV mode results in several kinds of cancer previously unknown to medicine. It also has an IR mode, which is facilitated by means of a few coils of wire heating to a very, very high temperature.

Despite all that, it is kind of odd to me as some objects are. You know, sometimes you encounter things that make you realize that "design" wasn't invented in the West in the late eighties, but is kind of an inherent aspect of engineering and production? It really is a beautiful device, if somewhat horrifying to be around.
I kind of expect it to play the Soviet national anthem when you open it and/or have an extra function to enrich uranium.

PD: reminds me of my summer in Cuba. The cheap-ish hotel where I was staying had air conditioning devices in every room which had all the labels in cyrilic and looked from the seventies. Worked pretty well, though. Maybe too well: they didnt have temperature tuning so my choices of room temperature were limites to "caribbean summer" and "Syberian Winter"
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 10:06:24 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #118718 on: February 27, 2017, 10:35:23 am »

Honestly I think people just like Interstellar for the"whoa muh time distortion" factor.

Though the robots in the film were pretty great.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118719 on: February 27, 2017, 10:56:22 am »

The fact that they made time distortion simple and able to be understood by the average plank-person still makes me happy.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #118720 on: February 27, 2017, 10:59:45 am »

Interstellar feat. King Crimson when
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118721 on: February 27, 2017, 05:22:54 pm »

Holy cow! Turkey Beef (Ground Beef made out of Turkey) tastes soooooooooooooooooo bad!

It feels like they just take frozen turkeys, remove the organs (I hope), and just grind everything up.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118722 on: February 27, 2017, 05:31:50 pm »

That's called ground turkey, because turkey beef makes no sense. If the brand you buy is labeled turkey beef, I'm not surprised it's shitty.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #118723 on: February 27, 2017, 05:32:04 pm »

So you could say you have beef with turkey beef?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118724 on: February 27, 2017, 05:33:55 pm »

The fact that they made time distortion simple and able to be understood by the average plank-person still makes me happy.

I've read children's books that were able to explain time distortion to average joes! It isn't that impressive.

That's called ground turkey, because turkey beef makes no sense. If the brand you buy is labeled turkey beef, I'm not surprised it's shitty.

I use ground turkey for my cooking pretty much exclusively. It's not as good as beef, but man the health benefits are soooo worth it!
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 7913 7914 [7915] 7916 7917 ... 11037