Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7912 7913 [7914] 7915 7916 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14510556 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #118695 on: February 26, 2017, 02:58:18 pm »

Wait, which one? Because there's at least two Fireflies, and one of them is very much not like the other.

The TV series (starring Nathan Fillion) one, I believe.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118696 on: February 26, 2017, 03:11:30 pm »

ChairmanPoo's avatar makes me very uncomfortable.
It reminds me of some very weird Japanese video I've seen waaay back in the past.

just use adblock and ban it if you don't like it
._.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #118697 on: February 26, 2017, 03:21:12 pm »

Wait, which one? Because there's at least two Fireflies, and one of them is very much not like the other.

Yeah this one.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #118698 on: February 26, 2017, 04:26:28 pm »

Yeah this one.
All is well, day is done, go ye' toys, have some fun.

figured, but it's one of those things I tend to compulsively ask about because one day someone might not be talking about the non-book one, and I need to know so I can thereafter avoid that hypothetical person for the rest of eternity
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #118699 on: February 26, 2017, 04:39:55 pm »

I was going through some papers of mine, and found that I have evidently written a song while quite drunk at some point. It is a Dwarf Fortress song, but it appears to be based on the intro of the old Winnie the Pooh cartoon. Of all things.

My Little Urist, part of Silverthrone's Greatest Hits. Coming soon, to a copyright infringement trial near you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118700 on: February 26, 2017, 05:22:42 pm »

Browsing Newegg for a new mouse, I look in some of their other sections after finding one(Any good?). They've really expanded their selection since I've last looked through their catalog(a few years I think). They sell some pretty heavy industrial stuff, including an over $750 Big Red Button. Maybe it has something to it that justifies its cost, but my Science skill isn't high enough to determine what that is.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118701 on: February 26, 2017, 06:16:57 pm »

Probably it's designed to withstand very rough conditions; Jets of high pressure steam, underwater, lots of dust, you name it. You *really* don't want your emergency stop button to not work because of a bit of dust...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #118702 on: February 26, 2017, 06:38:24 pm »

I was going through some papers of mine, and found that I have evidently written a song while quite drunk at some point. It is a Dwarf Fortress song, but it appears to be based on the intro of the old Winnie the Pooh cartoon. Of all things.

My Little Urist, part of Silverthrone's Greatest Hits. Coming soon, to a copyright infringement trial near you.

Post! Post!
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #118703 on: February 26, 2017, 07:23:10 pm »

There's really nothing illegal about a pyramid scheme in principle. As long as you're up front about the details. It's the misleading nature of most of them that makes them illegal.

https://www.ftc.gov/public-statements/1998/05/pyramid-schemes

Edit: Note, it is very dense but it goes through their points of how they defined the initial law and updated it to the changing tactics.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 07:26:29 pm by SquatchHammer »
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #118704 on: February 26, 2017, 07:53:09 pm »

Post! Post!

Well, can do. I am awfully sorry...
It is entirely in foreign, I fear, but I think it might be amusing nonetheless, with translation provided.

The song on which it is a terrible rip-off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQcWSmL9HNI

Jag är på väg, för jag skall möta, min allra bästa dvärg.
(I'm on my way, for I'm going to meet, my very best dwarf.)
   Så kort, full och skäggig, han är ganska läbbig,
(So short, drunk and beardy, he is rather creepy)
   Min Urist, min lille Urist!
(My Urist, my little Urist!)
   Vill ha något gott! Dricker sitt svampbrännvin!
(Want something good! Drinks his mushroom vodka!)
   Urist, min lille Urist! Brännvin är jättegott! Men sedan får dvärgar brått!
(Urist, my little Urist! Vodka is really good! But then the dwarves are in a hurry!)
   Äventyr väntar snart, skrämmande, det är klart! Hur skall han klara det här?
(Adventures await soon, frightening, of course! How will he manage this?)
   Han får en idé, och rätt snart skall du se, att allting är möjligt, för min lille vän!
(He gets an idea, and quite soon you will see, that everything is possible, for my little friend!)
   Åh, Urist, min lille Urist! Han finns alltid där! Han är min trogne slav!
(Oh, Urist, my little Urist! He's always there! He is my faithful slave!)
   Urist, min tappre Urist! Och här är han nu! Min käraste vän Urist-uuu..!
(Urist, my stalwart Urist! And here he is now! My dearest friend Urist-uuu..!)

I can only apologise at this point. It really does not scan very well. And yet, I am quite happy with it. It is dwarfy. If there was a Dwarf Fortress cartoon series, it would be the opening titles, without a doubt.

I was really fond of that Winnie the Pooh show, see (I remember that mother was quite the fan, as well, which indicate some genuine quality). I really enjoy that awful intro, and I am not particularly surprised I d0rfed it up for a lark while drunk.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118705 on: February 26, 2017, 09:28:39 pm »

I love it!  I don't care that it doesn't match the song, it does in my head (because I couldn't parse the Swedish(?) even if I tried).  It's very cute (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #118706 on: February 27, 2017, 12:31:33 am »

Suicide Squad won an Academy Award.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #118707 on: February 27, 2017, 12:35:47 am »

My isolation from TV and advertising in general has gone on for so long that I cannot actually identify half of the movies up for Oscars. I have straight-up never even heard of some of these.

I mean granted, I haven't actually seen a movie in theaters since Star Wars VII, and I can't even remember the one before that at all; but at least I heard of them. Being on the subway everyday exposed me to a lot of advertising. Now, though, I got nothing. Never heard of Moonlight. Never heard of La La Land.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #118708 on: February 27, 2017, 12:46:48 am »

It does seem a lot of the time that movies up for Oscars tend not to be particularly well known.

Or maybe I just don't watch enough television...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118709 on: February 27, 2017, 01:32:52 am »

Suicide Squad won an Academy Award.
Oscar, and it was for Makeup. Which Mad Max won last year so...
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 7912 7913 [7914] 7915 7916 ... 11037