Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7892 7893 [7894] 7895 7896 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14494376 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #118395 on: February 20, 2017, 03:44:16 am »

i don't follow sports, he looked young enough to be a player

10 years, really? wow.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #118396 on: February 20, 2017, 05:48:18 am »

I recall an epic post from Vector in the sad thread a long time ago (it was something saying something about what good you see in others that, other than complimenting, also aiming to be like what one sees), but SOMEHOW when searching specifically in the thread [it seems the SMS forum updates now are worse in searchterms, or that our forum has ballooned too big for general board searches, that one should search the topic instead], the search 'resets' when I click page 2.

Basically, when one searches a board, it gives very general search results. I searched Vec's name (since the post is tied to their account and I thought it's best to find it that way), and came up with 4 pages of results. All loadable.
I searched the Sad Thread with the same parameters ['Vector'], and it came up with 34 pages of results; going to page 2 has it reset...to 'nothing'. :V

GAAAAAH I seriously want to link that thing to friends because of us talking about stuff about growth and personality development. :I

* Tiruin fizzles.
Edit: Wow my memory :v
I was searching my name instead, but ctrl +f'd "Vector" because of memorizing that they mentioned my name in said post. Oops!
Still. Gah. Search engine.

And it's SMF, not SMS :V
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 05:51:13 am by Tiruin »

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118397 on: February 20, 2017, 06:43:19 am »

My FAVORITE was a movie about Astronauts who end up on another planet and are basically on Monster Island on that planet. So they escape and because these monsters are SOO dangerous (for anyone who could end up on that island) that they literally nuke it!

Yes they destroy that entire island because it had Dinosaurs... after they are completely safe and off that island.

There was also an insanely evil interstellar corporation trying to weaponize those things which would pretty much wipe out any planet they ended up on.  Nobody would be safe so long as they existed anywhere.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #118398 on: February 20, 2017, 08:31:27 am »

There's this short fiction thing called Deathworlders that I was linked a few days ago. Basically humans are scary as fuck because everyone else in the universe evolved on pansy ass garden worlds. Cool premise and all that, seriously. Too bad the author/s are complete and utter hacks who wrote it into the ground and then some by, oh, the tenth chapter or so.

Don't think I've ever actually dropped a story because it went to shit like this, the premise hooks you in but the moment you take a step back you realise that it's little more than writing 101 mistakes coupled with stuff taken from other fiction and butchered to push whatever sociopolitical stance the author felt like doing that day.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118399 on: February 20, 2017, 08:51:10 am »

There's this short fiction thing called Deathworlders that I was linked a few days ago. Basically humans are scary as fuck because everyone else in the universe evolved on pansy ass garden worlds. Cool premise and all that, seriously. Too bad the author/s are complete and utter hacks who wrote it into the ground and then some by, oh, the tenth chapter or so.

Don't think I've ever actually dropped a story because it went to shit like this, the premise hooks you in but the moment you take a step back you realise that it's little more than writing 101 mistakes coupled with stuff taken from other fiction and butchered to push whatever sociopolitical stance the author felt like doing that day.
Oh boy, time for some self-flagellation, I love bad fiction!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118400 on: February 20, 2017, 08:58:14 am »

Man... my nightmares have really awesome videogame concepts in them.

In it I was playing a simulation game where you make a village... and how you design it is how they basically are.

So I designed their clothes and because I chose to make their clothes white wool/cotton from head to toe... They ended up being a very conservative-esk community... And also loved fashion (due to a limitation... Because I focused on clothes the game interpreted it as the village focuses on clothes)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118401 on: February 20, 2017, 09:09:58 am »

That could be an interesting game mechanic actually: villagers have a limited amount of "head space" to care about different things, and certain things become status symbols too.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #118402 on: February 20, 2017, 09:58:37 am »

For what it's worth, there's a light/web novel thing with a similar premise. Earth's basically hell so far as things from other dimensions go, so when earth born/raised critters get brought in to other places they're effectively borderline gods. English translation of the title is "Moon-led Journey Across Another World". I'unno if it's necessarily better written than what you're talking about, but if it's as bad it's almost certainly bad in very different ways, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118403 on: February 20, 2017, 10:08:13 am »

Vivec's Sermons are weeeird. How high do you need to be to write something like that, Trump-high?
._.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118404 on: February 20, 2017, 10:15:09 am »

Vivec's Sermons are weeeird. How high do you need to be to write something like that, Trump-high?

I think that's Kirkbride on his 8 or 9 setting, and he is said to have written it locked in a dark room with a bottle of whiskey to keep him company for a week, though how true that is, nobody knows.

Kirkbride on his 10 setting might be something like the Magna-Ge Pantheon or the Remanada.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118405 on: February 20, 2017, 10:30:56 am »

Oh boy, time for some self-flagellation, I love bad fiction!
its not that bad especially since it was started off a hole on bad sci-fi, and the author does starting turning down the political stuff later on when he realizes how he sounds.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118406 on: February 20, 2017, 10:31:13 am »

Earth:  I really enjoyed a very short short-story where a high-tech alien empire arrived and tried to make Earth a protectorate.  Nominal tributes of natural resources for protection and "protection", probably a gradual uplift and eventual acceptance as full citizens.
But humans live incredibly short lives compared to these spacefaring races.  We completely blindside them with our willingness to kill, and willingness to die.  Horrified they pull back their fleets and send a different offer:  We become "independent contractors", AKA on retainer in exchange for eco-tech.  In effect we become a galactic nuclear deterrent:  Anyone could trade us weapons technology to wipe out their enemies, though they'd probably die too sooner or later.

Basically (according to this) our life expectancy is perfect for total war:  Long enough to master it, short enough to discount life.
Man... my nightmares have really awesome videogame concepts in them.

In it I was playing a simulation game where you make a village... and how you design it is how they basically are.

So I designed their clothes and because I chose to make their clothes white wool/cotton from head to toe... They ended up being a very conservative-esk community... And also loved fashion (due to a limitation... Because I focused on clothes the game interpreted it as the village focuses on clothes)
Usually my video-game dreams are nice, but not when they're strategy games...  It's usually just a sensation of tedious micromanagement, with the "payoff" being small increases in my restfulness.
But the worst are puzzle-game dreams, argh!  Or maze-games (like Doom).  Just keep trying things... lose track of what I've tried... all night...

Exploration-game dreams are perfect, heh.  FPS are super rad, usually involve crazy martial arts and gun-kata.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #118407 on: February 20, 2017, 11:38:49 am »

Anyone have any good 'pumped as shit' music?

Like something you could run to.  Something you could scream to.

Like something that borders on violent
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118408 on: February 20, 2017, 11:42:16 am »

Yeah, I've only got electroswing.

Earth: I read a short story linked here by someone however long ago which had the premise that our section of universe is actually home to some kind of strange radiation which makes every race go completely batshit and kill themselves off. We're apparently the sole exception to the rule, but every other 'benevolent' race refuses to trade with us because we defy their science. So we end up getting goth-metal power armor and become 'corsairs' because we can only really do diplomacy through fear.

Earth:  I really enjoyed a very short short-story where humans become a galactic nuclear deterrent.
If that's not the same story, I would love a link.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #118409 on: February 20, 2017, 11:51:03 am »

Anyone have any good 'pumped as shit' music?

Like something you could run to.  Something you could scream to.

Like something that borders on violent

Some of Disturbed's stuff fits this to some extent. Good for getting worked up.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 7892 7893 [7894] 7895 7896 ... 11037