Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7884 7885 [7886] 7887 7888 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14491366 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #118275 on: February 17, 2017, 03:58:58 am »

alternatively, i can pull it out, lick my fingers, and keep eating

and then i have no peanut butter

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118276 on: February 17, 2017, 06:12:24 am »

Alternatively you could leave it in and keep eating the peanut butter, and then you'd still have a cracker.
Love, scriver~

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118277 on: February 17, 2017, 06:19:35 am »

Use the next cracker to fish out the first cracker.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118278 on: February 17, 2017, 06:28:02 am »

Perform standard cracker removal procedure n.1: JUST EAT IT WITH THE PEANUT BUTTER YOU MONGREL
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118279 on: February 17, 2017, 07:18:03 am »

Contamination protocols are clear:  Get a spoon and consume the entire jar ASAP.
It's okay to leave the glass if you must
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #118280 on: February 17, 2017, 08:20:19 am »

Discard the jar immediately through the nearest window. It has already been infected.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118281 on: February 17, 2017, 12:34:06 pm »

Speaking of multiple-choice questions, this year those have been fully removed from Russia's official state exams, with the sole exception of English. And I say good riddance!
._.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118282 on: February 17, 2017, 01:28:32 pm »

Who cares about Russia we have a peanut butter crisis I recommend hiring a professional to extricate the cracker from the jar.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #118283 on: February 17, 2017, 01:43:02 pm »

Speaking of multiple-choice questions, this year those have been fully removed from Russia's official state exams, with the sole exception of English. And I say good riddance!

Que the drop in grade point average.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118284 on: February 17, 2017, 01:55:35 pm »

Que the drop in grade point average.

It's funny, but it's true. The score on the first exam in the biochemistry I class biochem majors at my university take their 3rd undergrad year is pretty often among the lowest of everyone's whole time in school, since that's the first year that they actually start on biochem instead of the general and organic chemistry that most science people need. The classes are small enough in those for the professor and their TA(s) to grade a fully written exam instead of mostly multiple choice with a couple of math problems at the back, and people underestimate the amount of work they need to put in that first time.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118285 on: February 17, 2017, 02:19:58 pm »

You know what...

I REALLY hate No Chance Romances in fiction pretty much period (unless that is kind of the point)...

It is just a waste of time to focus on the romance between two characters that you KNOW won't ever develop or even really go anywhere.

"Ohh man... the main characters are a male female team... and they both have outside love interests... I totally believe they will end up with someone other then the other main character..."

Then again I dislike the "obligatory male female team romance"... Main characters are male and female? They are going to end up together... guaranteed.

I still remember the show where they hated it just as much as I did SOOO much that at one point the female lead is tortured for having an "obvious romance with the male lead" when she didn't... But the villains couldn't get it through their heads that men and women can just be friends OR that spending time together doesn't necessarily mean romance.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 02:21:51 pm by Neonivek »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118286 on: February 17, 2017, 02:22:24 pm »

So you just hate everything then.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118287 on: February 17, 2017, 02:24:56 pm »

So you just hate everything then.

Yes... my dislike of forced romance translates into an intense loathing of everything. How did you know? :P

But no... I just hate it when shows act like something is more significant then it actually is... and continue to fail to do anything with it anyway.

As well I hate it when shows just sort of hit the default button, when it is always the default button.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118288 on: February 17, 2017, 02:26:05 pm »

Then again I dislike the "obligatory male female team romance"... Main characters are male and female? They are going to end up together... guaranteed.
Heh yeah, I love when this is averted.  Particularly if there were strong signals that they'd get together - and then a new character arrives or becomes prominent who is better for one of them.

Of course it usually leads to a triangle for a while, which is tired but fun.  And it can go either way, maybe.  Mainly I enjoy the uncertainty.

Fakedit:  Neo doesn't hate triggering discussions :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118289 on: February 17, 2017, 03:13:05 pm »

I will give credit to Ben10 (ben is 10 years old for context)

In that when his sister got super powers his response wasn't the typical "Ohh no! someone is special other than me!" but rather "I am happy to have someone who can have my back" which shows he actually experiences... What he experiences.

Ultimately I guess is that I want fiction to better reflect itself and be honest with its material.
Pages: 1 ... 7884 7885 [7886] 7887 7888 ... 11037